Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Move the oven rack to the bottom third of the oven.
- Divide the dough in half and set one half aside; cover it with a towel or plastic wrap to keep it from drying out. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to a 10-inch round. Loosely drape the dough round over the rolling pin and transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. Press the dough over the bottom and sides of the pan. Trim the edges to about 1/2-inch.
- Toss the fruit with the sugar, lemon, and cornstarch. Pile the fruit into the pie shell and dot with the butter. Roll out the reserved dough to a 9 to 10-inch round and lay it over the fruit. Trim, and crimp the edges. Cut 2 or 3 (2-inch) vents in the top of the pie and brush with the egg glaze. Put the pie on a baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbling up through the vents, 50 to 60 minutes. Cover the edges with aluminum foil if they brown too fast. Cool on a rack before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg yolk and ice water and work that in with your hands. (Or do the whole thing in a food processor, pulsing a couple of times to combine the dry ingredients, then pulsing in the butter, and then the egg.) Check the consistency of the dough by squeezing a small amount together between thumb and forefingers: You want there to be just enough moisture to bind the dough so that it holds together without being too wet or sticky. If it's still crumbly, add a little more ice water, 1 teaspoon at a time. When you get it to the right consistency, shape the dough into a disk and wrap it in plastic. Put it in the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE
This recipe comes from the mortician's side of the family. I was wary at first because I had never heard of the combination of peaches and blueberries. I was quickly swayed after trying it and now believe that this is one of the best pies ever!
Provided by the mortician's wife
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place one pie crust into a pie plate.
- Toss peaches and blueberries in a bowl with lemon juice. Mix sugar, tapioca, and salt in a small bowl and add to peach mixture; stir to combine. Allow fruit to rest for 15 minutes, then transfer to prepared pie plate. Scatter margarine pieces over fruit and brush the edge of the pie with water. Cover pie with remaining crust; press and seal the top and bottom crusts.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbly 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.1 calories, Carbohydrate 53.1 g, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 412.3 mg, Sugar 29.9 g
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE
"What a flavor!" That's what I hear most often when guests taste this peach blueberry pie. I invented it one day when I was short on peaches. -Sue Thumma, Shepherd, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat. , Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter., Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar., Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406 calories, Fat 16g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 215mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
PEACH AND BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch ceramic or glass pie dish.
- For the filling: Finely grind the tapioca in a food processor or spice grinder, about 1 minute. Combine the blueberries, peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest and tapioca in a medium bowl.
- Unroll the pie crust and place in the pie dish. Brush the inside with the egg white.
- For the topping: Pulse the almonds, butter, oats, flour and sugar until small chunks form in a food processor.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Crumble the topping over the filling and bake until the top is golden brown, about 55 minutes. If after 30 minutes of baking the edges of the crust begin to brown too quickly, cover the edges of the pie dish with strips of foil. Cool the pie for 30 to 40 minutes before slicing.
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE
Make and share this Peach Blueberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
Provided by vachefgrammy
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Allow crusts to come to room temperature for easy handling. Follow box directions for a double crust pie. Line bottom crust in deep 9" - 10 "pie plate.
- 2. Fill a pot with water deep enough to cover peaches. Bring water to a boil. Place rinsed peaches into the boiling water for no more than 1 minute and drain immediately; then place peaches in bowl of ice water to cool. Drain. The skins will peel off easily. Slice peaches into 8-10 wedges per peach. Sprinkle peaches with lemon juice.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, flour, and cinnamon. Add to peaches and blueberries. Mix well and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then, pour into bottom crust.
- 4. Dot with diced butter.
- 5 Place second crust on Top, Crimp edges and make 5 slashes in top crust to keep juices from spilling.
- 6. Brush water and egg mixture on top crust and edges. Sprinkle sugar on top. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake 45 minutes longer. Cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE
This is my favorite pie for summertime. My husband loves an all-blueberry pie, but peaches and blueberries are so beautiful together, I throw the peaches in for me. From Baking Chez Moi: From My Paris Home to Your Home Anywhere. © 2014 by Dorie Greenspan, published by Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Provided by Dorie Greenspan
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the crust: Place the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade; pulse just to combine the ingredients. Drop in the butter and shortening and pulse only until the butter and shortening are cut into the flour. Don't overdo the mixing-what you're aiming for is to have some pieces the size of fat green peas and others the size of barley. Pulsing the machine on and off, gradually add the water until the dough looks evenly moistened and soft curds form.
- To roll out the dough: Scrape the dough out of the bowl and onto a work surface. Gather together and divide in half, then form into two disks. Place a disk between two pieces of parchment paper and, with a rolling pin, roll it out, continually turning it ⅛ of a turn and rolling until the disk is just bigger than the pie pan. Place into the buttered pie pan and trim the edges. Make a second disk of crust using the same method; then place both in the refrigerator to chill.
- For the filling: Place the sugar in a large bowl and grate the lemon zest directly over the sugar; combine the sugar and zest with your fingers. Add the peaches and blueberries and toss, then let sit for about 5 minutes. Taste the filling and add a squirt of lemon juice and more sugar if needed. Stir in a pinch of salt and flour and gently mix.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Assemble the pie: Remove the pie shell and top crust from the refrigerator and pile the filling into the chilled pie shell. Place water around the edge of the shell, then lay the flat crust on top of the fruit. Squeeze the edges of the top and bottom together; use a fork to crimp the dough to seal it. Brush the crust with an egg wash. Sprinkle sugar on top, then use a knife to make steam vents in the dough, along with a hole in the center. Place pie on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes; then check on the pie, lower the temperature to 375 degrees F, and bake another 30 minutes. (If the crust is browning too quickly, lay a piece of foil on top before returning to the oven.)
- The pie is finished when the crust is a beautiful golden brown and the filling is bubbling up through the slits. Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
Our reader Ginny Kelly from Point Lookout, New York, got this recipe from her mother, who offered this advice: "Just tidy up the kitchen and keep an eye on the oven. When you're finished, the pie will be done."
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, tapioca, and salt. Add peaches, blueberries, and lemon juice and toss to combine; let sit 15 minutes. Lightly flour a rolling pin and work surface and roll out half the dough to a 12-inch round. Place in a 9-inch glass pie plate and brush with egg white. Pour in fruit filling and dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough to a 12-inch round and place over fruit filling. Trim excess and crimp edges to seal. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolk with 1 tablespoon cold water. Brush top of dough with egg yolk mixture. With a paring knife, cut several small slits on top to vent. Set on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crust is deep golden brown and juices are bubbling, about 50 minutes. (Tent loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly.) Let pie cool completely on a wire rack, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566 g, Fat 27 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7 g
LITTLE ANN'S PEACH AND BLUEBERRY PIE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place one pie crust on the bottom of a pie plate.
- Toss peach slices and blueberries in a large bowl with lemon juice. Combine sugar, tapioca, and salt in a small bowl; pour over peach mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared pie plate and scatter butter pieces over fruit. Cover pie with remaining crust; press and seal the top and bottom crusts.
- Cut several slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape, then brush with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.5 calories, Carbohydrate 53.2 g, Cholesterol 33.2 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 402.8 mg, Sugar 29.9 g
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE
- 1. Prepare the crust: Place the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse the machine on and off to combine. Add the butter and shortening; pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add the ice water, pulsing the machine on and off, until the dough holds together. Divide the dough in half and form into 2 disks; wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight.
- 2. Butter a 9-inch Pyrex pie plate. Remove one disk of the dough from the refrigerator. Roll it out on a lightly floured surface to form a round, 1/8-inch thick and 2 inches larger than the pie plate. Work quickly so that the dough doesn't become sticky. Using a spatula to help lift the dough, fold it loosely in half and then into quarters. Gently transfer it to the center of the pie plate. Open up the dough and press it lightly in the plate to fit. If the dough should tear, just press it lightly together. Trim the dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Place in the refrigerator to keep cold.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Remove the other disk of dough from the refrigerator and roll it out the same way; transfer to the baking sheet and cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Place in the refrigerator to keep cold.
- 4. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 5. Prepare the filling. Using a paring knife, cut an "X" in the bottom of each peach. Drop the peaches into a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Remove to a bowl. When they are cool enough to handle, slip off the skins. Cut the peaches into 3/4-inch slices and place in a large bowl. Toss with the lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- 6. Add the blueberries, vanilla, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the flour; toss well.
- 7. Lightly brush the bottom crust all over with the egg white; spoon in the filling and dot with the butter.
- 8. Cut the top crust into strips 3/4-inch wide and make a lattice cover over the filling. Trim the overhang to 1 inch. Moisten the edges of the crusts where they meet with a little water, then press them together lightly and turn them under. Crimp the edges decoratively.
- 9. Brush the lattice crust and the rim with the cream. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 10. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375°F and bake until it is golden and the juices are bubbling, about 50 to 60 minutes. If the top is getting too brown, tent the pie with foil after about 30 minutes. Let the pie cool on a wire rack before serving.
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE
I didn't know if peach blueberry pie existed, but I hoped it did. I'm glad it does, and it's terrific. Recipe courtesy of Crazy for Crust.
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and crimp as desired.
- Carefully stir together peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Pour into the prepared pie plate.
- Top the pie by making a lattice or a double crust pie. If using a double crust pie, be sure to cut holes in the top to vent during baking. If desired, cut shapes out of the top pie crust using a cookie cutter.
- To make the cutout lattice shown, use different size round cutters (or jar lids) to make a circle pattern on top of the pie.
- Place a pie shield around the edge of the pie and place the pie on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 then lower temperature to 350 and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is baked through and golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351.7, Fat 15.2, SaturatedFat 3.7, Sodium 234.7, Carbohydrate 52, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 25.3, Protein 3.6
People also searched
More about "peach blueberry pie recipes"
PEACH BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PEACH-BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
STREUSEL-TOPPED PEACH-BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE
PEACH-BLUEBERRY PIE | FOOD & WINE
Category PiesTotal Time 4 hrs 50 mins
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE (DOUBLE CRUST OR CRUMBLE) - CRAZY FOR CRUST
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLUEBERRY PEACH PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE (WITH FRESH PEACHES
FRESH PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE WITH A TWIST - THE TABLE BY HARRY & DAVID
NO CRUST PEACH AND BLUEBERRY PIE | RECIPES | AGUPDATE.COM
PEACH BLUEBERRY COBBLER RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
PEACH BLUEBERRY PIE | FOODTALK
EASY PEACH GALETTE - BROMA BAKERY
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #desserts #fruit #american #easy #dinner-party #summer #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #seasonal #healthy-2 #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
Recipe: Blueberry-Peach Crisp Pie421 views-05:58
Anne Burrell's Blueberry and Peach Hand Pies | Worst Cooks in America | Food Network15K views-19:29
You'll also love