PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATO SAUCE
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then add sausage meat and cook, stirring to break up large chunks, until meat is browned and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer meat to a bowl using a slotted spoon and add bell pepper and garlic to fat in skillet. Reduce heat to moderate and cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper is just tender and garlic is golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add wine and sausage and simmer, scraping up brown bits on bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice and black pepper and simmer, breaking up tomatoes with spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander and return to pot. Add sauce and cheese to pasta and toss to coat. Add cooking water if necessary to moisten. Season pasta with salt and pepper and serve with additional cheese.
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PENNE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir sausage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spoon onto plates and top with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.7 calories, Carbohydrate 85.3 g, Cholesterol 49.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1662.5 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
BAKED PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Place sausage and onion in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Pour in wine, and cook for 1 minute, stirring, to deglaze the pan. Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss with cooked pasta, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664.1 calories, Carbohydrate 59.2 g, Cholesterol 81.6 mg, Fat 33.5 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1714.1 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
SAUSAGE & PENNE MARINARA
It's hard to beat the classic Italian flavors of this hearty, comforting dish. It has a slight kick, so omit the pepper flakes if you don't want the heat. -Tammy Rowe, Bellevue, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings; heat through., Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 13g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 853mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE IN CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
This is an easy recipe with tons of flavor, rigatoni pasta can be used in place of penne. If you are using spicy sausages then omit the chili flakes. Try to use only high-quality canned tomato products, it will really make a huge difference in your sauce, no no-name brands for this! With this sauce (and any tomato-based sauce) it needs some time to cook, the longer you cook the sauce uncovered the thicker and richer it will be, you can even start it in the morning turn it off then continue cooking later, cook for even 2 hours!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the sausage meat; cook breaking up with a spoon until the meat is lightly browned (about 12 minutes) using a slotted spoon remove to a bowl and leave some fat in the skillet.
- Add in the onion, chili flakes, basil and oregano; saute for about 5 minutes (adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking).
- Add in tomato paste and stir 1 minute.
- Add in the wine and simmer for 6-8 minutes over medium-low heat, or until it almost evaporates.
- Add in the cooked sausage meat along with the crushed and chopped drained tomatoes.
- Add in 1 tablespoon salt.
- Simmer uncovered for about 1-1/2 hours over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon occasionally.
- Season with more salt if desired and black pepper.
- Stir in the cream and heat through over low heat.
- Just before the sauce if finished cooking, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until just al dente (do not rinse the pasta with water).
- Serve the sauce with cooked pasta, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1597, Fat 86.2, SaturatedFat 30.9, Cholesterol 169, Sodium 5147.8, Carbohydrate 145.4, Fiber 19.9, Sugar 8.4, Protein 58.8
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATOES
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink, breaking up with fork, about 6 minutes. Stir in pepper flakes. Add wine and boil until absorbed. Mix in crushed tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. Stir 2 tablespoons marjoram into sauce.
- Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return penne to pot. Add half of sauce and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Serve, passing Parmesan separately. (Freeze remaining sauce up to 2 months in covered container.)
BAKED PENNE WITH SAUSAGE, TOMATO AND CAULIFLOWER
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat the stock with the saffron in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a pot and season with salt. Add the cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and break into florets.
- Heat the EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and crumble it into very small pieces with a potato masher or wooden spoon. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 5 minutes. Deglaze with the wine, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, tomatoes and saffron stock and stir to break up the tomatoes. Simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes. Discard the bay leaf and cinnamon stick and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to just shy of al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve a ladle of the starchy cooking liquid and drain the pasta.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add the heavy cream, cauliflower, sausage sauce and
- a little of the reserved cooking liquid and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and top with the cheeses and parsley. Bake until the top is browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Divide among plates.
- Cook's Note: The unbaked casserole can be covered and refrigerated for a make-ahead meal. Bake as directed before serving.
PENNE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
Make and share this Penne Pasta with Sausage and Spicy Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by TishT
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice with the paprika, cumin, ginger, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and the cilantro.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and red peppers until pepper is almost soft.
- Let cool while pasta is cooking In a large pot of boiling water, cook the penne pasta, about 12 minutes or al dente.
- Add sausage and pepper to tomato sauce.
- Drain, then toss penne with the tomato sauce.
- Serve with parmigiano cheese.
PENNE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, TOMATO AND HERBS
This is from Lighthearted Everyday Cooking, by Anne Lindsay. It is one of my favorite, quick pasta meals to make during the week. Hope you like it.
Provided by PennyG
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink in centre, about 15 to 20 minutes. (I boil first to get rid of some of the fat).
- Drain well; cut into thin round slices.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but firm; drain and return to pot.
- In nonstick pan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano;.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage.
- pour over pasta; toss to mix.
- Sprinkle with parsley, pepper to taste and parmesan if using.
- toss again and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 577.3, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 43.1, Sodium 926.5, Carbohydrate 72, Fiber 10.8, Sugar 5.3, Protein 21.9
People also searched
More about "penne with sausage and tomato sauce recipes"
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND SPICY CREAM TOMATO SAUCE
4.2/5 (38)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 734 per serving
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Add Bob Evans sausage roll; cook and crumble the sausage until no longer pink.
- Add in the tomatoes and hot red pepper flakes; mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in the heavy cream and butter; stir to combine.
- Add the drained pasta into the sauce and toss to combine. Bring the sauce and pasta to a boil, stirring to coat the pasta with sauce.
PENNE WITH SPICY SAUSAGE & TOMATO SAUCE - HOUSE
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAGE SAUSAGE SAUCE - AMANDA'S …
PENNE WITH CHEESY TOMATO-SAUSAGE SAUCE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
HOW TO MAKE PENNE IN TOMATO SAUCE | ALLRECIPES
SAUSAGE ORECCHIETTE (30-MINUTE MEAL) - JULIA'S ALBUM
15 BAKED PENNE PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES
PENNE PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND A CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
PENNE RIGATE & SPICY SAUSAGE & ZUCCHINI IN TOMATO CREAM SAUCE …
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE & SPICY CREAM TOMATO SAUCE
PENNE WITH TOMATO SAUSAGE SAUCE - CHINESE GRANDMA
BEST CREAMY PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND TOMATOES RECIPE
BAKED PENNE ALLA VODKA WITH MEATBALLS - VIKALINKA
CREAMY TOMATO SAUSAGE PENNE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
CREAMY PENNE WITH SAUSAGE & SUN-DRIED TOMATOES | FLIPBOARD
PENNE WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
Penne Pasta With Italian Sausage And A Creamy Tomato Sauce (Easy Pasta Recipe)185K views-05:49
How to Make Baked Penne with Italian Sausage | Pasta Recipe | Allrecipes.com30K views-03:20
NINJA FOODI-Penne Pasta with Sausage in a Tomato Cream Sauce15K views-09:32
Penne with Sausage & Sun Dried Tomatoes2K views-13:44
Perfect Penne Pasta Recipe Italian Sausage Pasta 30 Minute Meals30K views-05:00
Instant Pot Penne with Sausage in a Tomato Cream Sauce - An Easy Weeknight Dinner950 views-07:48
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tomato tomato sausage penne pasta?Creamy Tomato Sausage Penne is the most perfect, quick, easy, wonderfully tasty pasta dish. Full of flavorful Italian sausage, penne, and a creamy marinara sauce, and so quick to pull together! Drizzle oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown for 5-8 minutes, breaking apart into small pieces as it cooks.
How to cook penne pasta?Stir in pepper flakes. Add wine and boil until absorbed. Mix in crushed tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes. Stir 2 tablespoons marjoram into sauce. Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
How to cook sausage and pasta in the oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Place sausage and onion in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat.
Is Penne in cream sauce better than penne with sausage?I totally agree with the reviewer from the San Francisco Bay Area who says a similar recipe, "Penne in Cream Sauce with Sausage," (February 1997 issue of Bon Appetit) is better and just as easy. A quick and easy dinner that's yummy.