ROASTED PHEASANT (PHEASANT ALLA FIORENTINA)
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the pancetta to the hot oil and render its fat. Once it begins to brown, add the ground pork and prosciutto and cook, while stirring, about 4 minutes. When the pork is no longer pink, add the garlic and sage and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup white wine, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the bread crumbs. Remove the stuffing mixture to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Season the cavity of the birds with salt and pepper.
- Divide the stuffing evenly between the two pheasants' cavities.
- Roast the pheasants 25 minutes. Add 1/2 cup white wine to the bottom of the pan. Turn the oven heat up to 425 degrees F and cook another 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of breast registers 160 degrees F. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving so the juices can redistribute.
- Remove the dressing from the bird and serve along side. Garnish the dish with fresh sage leaves.
PHEASANT COLETTE EN CROUTE
- Directions Heat the canola oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Season the pheasant with salt and pepper and coat with the softened butter. Brown all sides of the pheasant until golden brown and remove to a utility platter. To the same pan, add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion becomes translucent. Deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine and add bay leaves and parsley. Lower the heat and return the pheasant to the pan. (Wash and dry the utility platter and keep handy for the cooked pheasant.) Cover and simmer until the pheasant is tender and juices in the thigh run clear when pierced, about 35 minutes. Remove the pheasant to the utility platter and allow to rest until cool enough to handle. Strain the braising juices into another pot and skin off any excess fat. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sauce and cook over medium heat until thickened. Pull pheasant meat from the bones and cut into 1-inch pieces, discarding bones. Remove sauce from heat. In a bowl fold pheasant meat with enough sauce to coat. Do not feel obligated to use all of the sauce. The mixture should not be soupy. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out the pastry dough and, using an appropriately sized cereal bowl or small mixing bowl as a template, cut 4 rounds 8-inches in diameter. Spoon the pheasant mixture evenly into 4 individual ovenproof 6-inch bowls (onion soup bowls are ideal for this), and brush the edges of the bowls with egg. Top each with a circle of pastry, draping the crust over the rim. Brush the tops of the pastry with the egg wash and bake until golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
DRUMSTICKS EN CROUTE
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and mix well. Rub the chicken evenly with the spice mixture and place on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, unfold the filo, stacking the layers so the ends are aligned, and cut into 6-inch wide strips the length of the dough. Cover with a damp towel until ready to use.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, make a small slit in the leg and add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of the mustard. Working with 1 sheet of filo at a time, lightly brush with butter, top with another sheet, and lightly brush with butter again. Repeat so there are 3 to 4 layers of filo evenly stacked on top of one another. Roll 1 leg inside the stacked and brushed filo, leaving the bone end of the drumstick exposed. Brush lightly with butter and repeat with remaining filo and drumsticks.
- Return to the oven and bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
PHEASANT WITH CRANBERRY HONEY
Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Render bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pheasant parts and sear on all sides, then add red wine and onions. Sprinkle cracked pepper, bay leaves, tarragon, salt and mint over pheasant parts. Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Cook until tender and juices run clear (no longer pink), about 25 minutes. Remove pheasant carefully to a utility platter, cover and set aside to keep warm. Transfer liquids from pot to a heat resistant glass container (such as a 2 or 3 cup measuring vessel) and allow the layer of fat to rise to the top. Spoon or pour off most of the fat and return the rest of the juices, herbs, bacon and onions to the pot over medium heat. Add cranberries to the sauce and cook until the berries pop to make a rustic sauce. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and whisk in honey and sour cream.
- Arrange pheasant on serving dish, spoon sauce over, and garnish with mint.
STUFFED BREAST OF PHEASANT EN CROUTE
Make and share this Stuffed Breast of Pheasant En Croute recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Gingerbear
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season breast with salt and pepper.
- Sear well in a pan with butter and let cool.
- Mix Brie, shallots, garlic, tomato, onion, mushrooms and sage.
- Season to taste.
- Stuff ¼ of cheese mixture under the skin of each cooled breast.
- Wrap each with a slice of bacon.
- Wrap with puff pastry.
- Brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
FILET DE BOEUF EN CROUTE
(Filet Mignon in Puff Pastry) I prefer not to eat out on Valentine's Day, hate fighting the crowds, the noise, the usually bad service because the restaurant is jam packed, the expense...could I have a little cheese with my "whine"? LOL! Here's what I made for the main course last year, and it was to DIE for. Almost too pretty to eat....almost! Enjoy!!! *Prep-time does not include chilling time.
Provided by Wildflour
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Trim any fat from the steaks, sprinkle with pepper, spread tops of each with 1 Tbl butter.
- In shallow roasting pan, bake in pre-heated oven, buttered side up, at 425º for 10 minutes.
- Place in fridge til cold.
- Roll out puff pastry a little and cut in half.
- Spread steaks with garlic, top with cheese.
- Place cheese side down onto center of pastry squares, fold pastry over, moisten edges and seal well.
- Place seam-side down onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prick top with a fork, cover with plastic wrap, and re-chill for 1 hour.
- Beat egg with oil, and brush pastry with it.
- Bake in center of pre-heated 425º oven for 25 minutes for med-rare.
- Serve with horseradish sauce if desired.
- Serves 2.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1202.6, Fat 98.6, SaturatedFat 39.4, Cholesterol 210.2, Sodium 634.4, Carbohydrate 60.1, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 6, Protein 21.2
More about "pheasant colette en croute recipes"
25 BEST PHEASANT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PHEASANT RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
PHEASANT COLETTE EN CROUTE RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory Main-DishCalories 294 per serving
PUFF PASTRY WRAPPED SALMON - SALMON EN CROûTE RECIPE - HOW …
STUFFED BREAST OF PHEASANT EN CROUTE RECIPE - FOODGURUUSA.COM
BAKED BRIE EN CROûTE WITH HONEY, DRIED CHERRIES, ROSEMARY
BEST PHEASANT PATE RECIPES
PHEASANT PâTé IN CRUST (PâTé DE FAISAN EN CROûTE) RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
PHEASANT RECIPES | PUNCHFORK
10 PHEASANT RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY
PATé EN CROUTE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
PHEASANT COLETTE EN CROUTE | PUNCHFORK
PHEASANT COLETTE EN CROUTE | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
PHEASANT COLETTE EN CROUTE RECIPES
PHEASANT COLETTE EN CROUTE – RECIPES NETWORK
PâTé EN CROûTE — THE CULINARY PRO
The Ultimate Pheasant Cutlets Wrapped in Prosciutto (Saltimbocca) | ROUGH COOKING RECIPE1K views-02:16
Pheasant Hunting and Cooking The Best Bird Meat! A Delicate and Very Tasty Dish837.4K views-08:26
How to Quickly Pluck and Dress Pheasant82.1K views-08:55
Roast Pheasant. How To Cook A Pheasant. Easy Roast Pheasant Recipe #srp #pheasant21.9K views-17:31
How to Make Pan-Roasted Pheasant with Apples and Calvados | Andrew Zimmern1.3K views-05:04
How To Cook Pheasant.Normandy Pheasant.22.2K views-15:07
You'll also love