POTATO AND TOMATO PIE
Despite it's title there is no pastry in this dish. When we lived in Portugal we had this often, sometimes on it's own and at other times with pork chops or chicken. It's a wonderful blend of two of Portugal's favorite vegetables. Tonight we will have this with baked salmon.
Provided by Brian Holley
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- RED PEPPER SAUCE.
- Mix together the salt and peppers, allow to stand for 1 day.
- Heat a grill, Wash the peppers, drain and pat dry.
- Place the peppers on a baking tray skin side uppermost and place it under the grill, grill till the skin is charred.
- Allow to cool and remove the skins.
- In a blender puree the peppers with the garlic and olive oil.
- Peel and slice the potatoes, when just done drain them.
- Oil a shallow baking dish Spread a thin layer of pepper paste on the bottom of the dish. Now add the potatoes, spread the rest of the pepper paste over the potatoes.
- Top the potatoes with the sliced tomatoes.
- Chop together the parsley, garlic and chillies, mix with the oil and lemon juice. Spread the oil mix over the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535.8, Fat 24.9, SaturatedFat 3.5, Sodium 1790.2, Carbohydrate 73.7, Fiber 12.6, Sugar 13.1, Protein 10.3
SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE
Tomato slices are juicy and mix in well with the creamy/cheesy "custard" in this Southern-inspired tomato pie. The blind baking method helps keep the crust nice and crunchy on the bottom.
Provided by Jasmine
Categories Savory Pies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fit pie crust inside a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Fold crust edges under; crimp as desired. Place a piece of parchment paper over crust in pie plate, leaving a 3-inch overhang. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove parchment paper and pie weights. Continue baking until crust is light golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices; arrange tomato slices in a single layer on paper towels. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt; let stand for 20 minutes. Pat tomato slices dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and cream cheese until combined and smooth. Fold in 1 1/4 cups Cheddar cheese, egg, flour, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined.
- Spread half of the Cheddar mixture in the pie crust. Layer with 1/3 of the tomato slices in slightly overlapping circles. Repeat procedure with remaining Cheddar mixture and another third of tomato slices. Top with remaining tomato slices in slightly overlapping circles. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until filling is set and lightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes, tenting crust with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if needed. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with thinly sliced basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 31.1 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 733.8 mg
People also searched
More about "potato and tomato pie recipes"
TOMATO AND POTATO PIE RECIPE IN CHEESE SAUCE (1940 STYLE)
Author Arthur RussEstimated Reading Time 10 mins
TOMATO PIE WITH POTATO CRUST RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs
POTATO, TOMATO & EGG PIE IN A PAN RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Servings 6Calories 192 per servingTotal Time 32 mins
ZUCCHINI, TOMATO, POTATO PIE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
TOMATO PIE WITH POTATO CRUST RECIPE, WHATS COOKING …
CHEESE & TOMATO MASHED POTATO PIE: A WARTIME RATION …
POTATO TOMATO PIE RECIPE - DUMMIES
TOMATO, POTATO AND CHEESE PIE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
TOMATO PIE WITH POTATO CRUST RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
TOMATO POTATO PIE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
POTATO AND EGG PIE WITH BACON AND CRèME FRAîCHE - FOOD & WINE
POTATO PIE WITH TOMATO AND FONTINA RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
RACHEL RODDY’S POTATO, ONION AND TOMATO BAKE – RECIPE
CHEESE AND TOMATO POTATO BAKE - EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
IDAHO® POTATO-TOMATO PIE | IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION
TOMATO PIE WITH POTATO CRUST RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
IDAHO® POTATO-TOMATO PIE | IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #potatoes #vegetables #european #portuguese #tomatoes
Instant Pot Tomato Pie1.7K views-01:09
How to Make Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie | Allstar Community Stories | Allrecipes.com12K views-03:16
How to Make Savory Southern Tomato Pie | The Stay At Home Chef50K views-03:30
Potato Top Pie Recipe | Beef & Mashed Potato Pie Recipe245 views-03:11
ASMR | Baking A Southern Tomato Pie (Soft Spoken)42K views-35:18
Vegetable Potato Pie | Veggie Recipes | Vegetable Pie with Mashed Potato Topping378 views-07:32
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to cook a baked potato pie?In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, egg, and onion. Pat potato mixture into prepared pie pan, building up the sides of the crust with lightly floured fingers. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown (after the first 20 minutes brush the crust with vegetable oil to crisp it).
How do you make egg pie with potato slices?Potato and tomato slices sandwich a seasoned egg mixture in a pan. In just 30 minutes your egg pie is ready to serve! Heat oil in 10-inch (25 cm) non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place half of potato slices, in one layer, in hot skillet. Cover and cook until potato slices are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
What is the best way to make a tomato cheese pie?Pat tomato slices dry with paper towels. Whisk together mayonnaise and cream cheese until combined and smooth. Fold in 1 1/4 cups Cheddar cheese, egg, flour, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined. Spread half of the Cheddar mixture in the pie crust.
What's the best way to cook cherry tomatoes and potatoes?Next, add the tomato sauce, tomato puree and about two thirds of the cherry tomatoes (save some back for topping), along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for a few minutes. Thinly slice the potatoes - I didn't bother peeling mine.