PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broccoli, onion, carrots, celery, bouillon and water; simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. , In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to vegetable mixture with the ham; simmer 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese just until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281 calories, Fat 18g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 853mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the pepper and onions in butter or margarine until tender.
- Add remaining vegetables, water, bouillon, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring soup to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in the parsley. Just before serving, stir in the cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 341.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 55.3 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 16.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 927.1 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
GARDEN VEGETABLE CHOWDER
- Melt butter in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add corn, yams, celery, zucchini, carrot, onion, thyme and bay leaves. Sauté until vegetables are light brown, about 10 minutes. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer soup until vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves from soup. Puree 2 1/2 cups soup with vegetables in blender until smooth. Return puree to remaining soup. Add spinach and simmer until wilted, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
RICH VEGETABLE CHOWDER
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir flour, basil, pepper, and salt into butter and pour in chicken broth. Cook and stir broth mixture until thickened and boiling, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir potato, carrot, and green onions into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are mostly tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir half-and-half and corn into broth mixture; cook and stir until chowder is heated through, about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.2 calories, Carbohydrate 27.9 g, Cholesterol 50.2 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 205.8 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
SPRING VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: olive oil, riced cauliflower, leek, garlic, kosher salt, vegetable stock, non-dairy milk, asparagus, english pea, lemon, fresh basil, medium red potato, cold water, fresh lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the riced cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2 minutes, until the leeks just begin to soften.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and 2 cups (480 ml) of non-dairy milk. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely broken down and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus, peas, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2 minutes, until the vegetables are bright green with some crunch. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and basil. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 1 inch (1 ¼ cm). Season with 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the pot with the cauliflower from the heat. Blend with an immersion blender until completely smooth and creamy. Add up to 1 cup (240 ml) non-dairy milk or water if needed to thin to your desired consistency.
- Stir in the reserved asparagus, peas, potatoes, and the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh basil, a drizzle of olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 755 calories, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fat 51 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 15 grams
People also searched
More about "priscillas vegetable chowder recipes"
54 SOUP RECIPES IDEAS | SOUP RECIPES, RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES
VEGAN CHICKPEA VEGETABLE CHOWDER - RUNNING ON REAL FOOD
VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE (STEP BY STEP + VIDEO) - WHISKAFFAIR
VEGETABLE CHOWDER | DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER
15 COMFORTING AND CREAMY CHOWDERS TO ... - ONE GREEN PLANET
EASY VEGETABLE CHOWDER - ANDREA BUCKETT
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER - SIDE DISH RECIPES
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME ...
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER | LORI PATTERSON | COPY ME THAT
PRISCILLA’S VEGETABLE CHOWDER | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD ...
PRISCILLA’S VEGETABLE CHOWDER | RECIPE | SOUP RECIPES ...
PRISCILLA’S VEGETABLE CHOWDER - VISUALIZATION WOMAN
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN CHOWDER SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
EASY VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HEARTY VEGETABLE CHOWDER | COOK'S COUNTRY - QUICK RECIPES
HEARTY VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE | CREAMY VEGETABLE SOUP
70 RECIPES THAT USE LEFTOVER HAM - MSN.COM
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
PRISCILLA'S VEGETABLE CHOWDER | BARBCARP | COPY ME THAT
EASY VEGETABLE CHOWDER - CHEESE AND CHICKPEAS
PRISCILLA’S VEGETABLE CHOWDER | RECIPE | RECIPES, SOUP AND ...
PIKE PLACE CHOWDER COPYCAT RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPE PRISCILLAS VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE - YOUTUBE
VEGETABLE CHOWDER - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
THICK AND CHEESY VEGETABLE CHOWDER - 12 TOMATOES
HEARTY VEGETABLE CHOWDER - CURIOSITY & COLLECTANEA
68 WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - SOUPS N STEWS IDEAS | SOUPS AND ...
VEGETABLE CHOWDER RECIPE
PRISCILLA'S ZUCCHINI BAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is vegetable chowder?This hearty vegetable chowder is packed with veggies! It's a creamy vegetable soup similar to potato soup, and can easily be adapted to plant based diets and made to be gluten free and dairy free. This is my favorite winter soup!
What is vegan chickpea vegetable chowder?This delicious vegan chickpea vegetable chowder is easy to make in 30 minutes for a healthy, comforting bowl of soup featuring simple ingredients like carrots, celery and potato. The secret to this soup is pureed chickpeas! Along with potatoes, they add the perfect texture to this chowder. Here are a few more reasons you’ll love this recipe:
How to make vegetable chowder in an Instant Pot?Stir the brown rice flour into the chowder. Continue to mix the soup for 2-3 minutes until the chowder reaches the desired thickness. Turn off the Instant Pot and allow the vegetables chowder to cool for 10 minutes, then mix in the Greek yogurt and cheddar cheese. before serving. Heat the oil in a stock pot over high heat on the stove.
How to make beef and barley chowder?Directions. Combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan. Bring soup to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in the parsley. Just before serving, stir in the cheese until melted. See how to make creamy chowder with scallops, potatoes, and bacon. A hearty beef and barley soup loaded with plenty of vegetables.