QUICK CUCUMBER AND RED-ONION PICKLED SALAD
- Place sliced onion and cucumbers in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with rice-wine vinegar. Toss to combine, and transfer to refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, scatter dill over salad, and toss well.
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, red onion, sugar, and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g
CUCUMBER PICKLE SALAD
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 2 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the onion and red wine vinegar in a small pot, bring to a simmer and simmer for about 3 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange the cucumber rounds in pinwheels in a single layer on a serving platter. Refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pickle juice, garlic powder, dill and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, season the cucumbers with salt and pepper. Spoon the dressing all over the cucumbers. Top with the diced pickle and pickled red onion. Serve cold.
CUCUMBER AND RED ONION SALAD
This cucumber and onion salad is one of the first recipes I came up with myself. It's a great salad for picnics or potlucks. I always come home with an empty bowl! -Brynn Steckman, Westerville, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, about 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 151mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PICKLED CUCUMBERS AND RED ONION
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield about 3 to 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, finely slice the cucumbers and red onion. Put in a mixing bowl with the dill sprigs and a pinch of salt while you prepare the pickling solution.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine white vinegar, sugar, allspice and salt. Stir well until the liquid is simmering and the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour pickling liquid over red onion and cucumbers and stir to ensure everything is evenly coated. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap (press the plastic wrap down onto the cucumbers so there is no air) and refrigerate. Chill for at least 4 hours to cool completely before serving.
PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD WITH RED ONIONS AND FETA
Provided by Kelsey Nixon
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the cucumbers and onions in a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper. In a small glass measuring cup, whisk together the rice vinegar and sugar. Pour over the cucumbers and onions and toss to combine. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Top with the feta cheese and fresh dill just before serving.
SUNDAY AFTERNOON TEA QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER AND ONION
This should be called Mum's quick pickled cucumber and onion, as this is what she made EVERY Sunday afternoon for tea-time! We always had this alongside fresh bread and butter, boiled eggs, cold cuts of meat, fruit cake, scones, sometimes a tin of red salmon and always a pot of tea! Wonderful memories, and an easy and tasty pickle for tea-time food. This is also wonderful with picnic food, smoked salmon or an assorted cheese board.
Provided by French Tart
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Use a fork to run through the surface of the cucumber, vertically downwards, to obtain a fluted pattern when sliced.
- Cut cucumber into thin slices and put into a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and mix well. Leave the cucumber for 10 minutes to absorb the salt then rinse with cold water. Drain off excess liquid in a colander. Return cucumber to the large bowl and add the sliced onions.
- Combine sugar and vinegar together. Add to cucumber and onion slices and mix well.
- Decant into a plastic container, and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours before serving.
- Garnish with mint or parsley.
- Keeps in the fridge for a week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 62.9, Fat 0.1, Sodium 389.4, Carbohydrate 15.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 13.9, Protein 0.4
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH PICKLED RED ONIONS
This light and crunchy salad makes a cooling accompaniment to spicy dishes
Provided by John Torode
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Pour 100ml water into a saucepan. Add the sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Put the onion into a bowl, then pour over the hot liquid and leave for 5 mins. Add the cucumber and set aside to steep and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28 calories, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "quick cucumber and red onion pickled salad recipes"
PICKLED CUCUMBER AND RED ONION SALAD - SAVOR WITH …
Reviews 2Category Side DishCuisine American, AsianTotal Time 11 mins
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, water, fish sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the cucumber and onion slices to the vinegar mixture and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
10 BEST QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS RECIPES
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH QUICK PICKLED ONION | HEALTHY …
Cuisine American,CanadianCategory Dinner,Lunch,AppetizersServings 8Total Time 15 mins
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper; stir in onion. Let stand until onion turns bright red and softens slightly, 15 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
QUICK-PICKLE CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS RECIPE | SOUTHERN …
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 1
PICKLED CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
EASY CUCUMBER, ONION, & DILL SALAD - TASTES LIKE A NEW PICKLE!
PICKLED CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS BEST RECIPES
QUICK CUCUMBER AND RED-ONION PICKLED SALAD RECIPE
EASIEST WAY TO MAKE QUICK CUCUMBER-TOMATO SALAD
CUCUMBER TOMATO AND ONION SALAD BEST RECIPES
PICKLED CUCUMBER - A QUICK AND EASY RECIPE! | GREEDY GOURMET
QUICK CUCUMBER AND RED-ONION PICKLED SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE
ONION SALAD RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
SIRKE WAALE PYAAZ / QUICK PICKLED ONION SALAD | RECIPE | VEGGIE …
QUICK-PICKLED CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CUCUMBER VINAIGRETTE RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUICK CUCUMBER AND RED-ONION PICKLED SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
EASY PICKLED CUCUMBER & RED ONION SALAD9.8K views-05:31
Easy Cucumber Salad447K views-07:48
#1 summer salad/ marinated cucumbers, onions, tomatoes168K views-17:23
Cucumber Salad | Betty Crocker Recipe3.2K views-01:01
🥒 Cucumber and Vinegar (Quick Pickles) | Marinated Cucumbers Onion & Vinegar Recipe78K views-05:11
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cucumber and onion salad?Step 1 Place sliced onion and cucumbers in a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with rice-wine vinegar. Toss to combine, and transfer to refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes. Advertisement Step 2
How do you make pickled cucumbers?Watch how to make this recipe. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, finely slice the cucumbers and red onion. Put in a mixing bowl with the dill sprigs and a pinch of salt while you prepare the pickling solution. In a small pot over medium heat, combine white vinegar, sugar, allspice and salt.
How do you make cucumber and Dill salad?Directions 1 Using a mandoline or sharp knife, finely slice the cucumbers and red onion. Put in a mixing bowl with the dill sprigs... 2 In a small pot over medium heat, combine white vinegar, sugar, allspice and salt. Stir well until the liquid is... More ...
How to make cucumber and rice vinegar salad?Instructions Checklist Step 1 In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, red onion, sugar, and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Advertisement Advertisement Reviews(1)