HERBED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
A friend shared this recipe when I needed a seafood dish for my annual Christmas Eve buffet. The casserole is wonderfully rich and creamy. When it comes to Christmas seafood casserole recipes, this is one of the best. -Donna Schmuland, Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and carrot; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer., Add to cooked rice. Stir in parsley and dill. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish., Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp; simmer, uncovered, 30 seconds. Add scallops; simmer 2-3 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Place seafood in a large bowl; stir in crab., In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in cream and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat. Stir in cream cheese, dill and seasonings until smooth. Stir into seafood mixture., Pour over rice mixture. Toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 calories, Fat 20g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 150mg cholesterol, Sodium 616mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
CREAMY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
Rich and flavorful with shrimp and scallops. Served with rice. This dish will wow your guests when you entertain. From Southern Living.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large pot, place wine, onion, parsley, 1 tbsp of the butter, and the salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add seafood and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, and reserve 2/3 cup of broth.
- Place remaining butter in pan and add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add half and half gradually, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add Swiss and stir until cheese melts.
- Add lemon juice and lemon-pepper seasoning to reserved broth and stir into sauce gradually.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms to pan.
- Place mixture into a large buttered casserole dish.
- Cover with foil or a lid and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter, Parmesan and almonds.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the casserole and bake 10 minutes more.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice.
RICH AND CREAMY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
This rich and creamy seafood casserole is filled to the brim with tons of seafood and a beautiful creamy curry tasting sauce.
Provided by ChrisI
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Salad dressing:.
- Stir first 4 ingredients together well in small saucepan. Mix in part of milk until smooth. Mix in rest of milk and vinegar. Heat and stir until it boils and thickens. Once cooled keep in container. Store in refrigerator. Makes 1 and 1/4 cups or 275 ml.
- Cook scallops in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and add to seafood in casserole dish. Remove tails from shrimp ring and add to dish.
- If mushrooms are dried, cover with water and soak for 10 minutes then drain.
- Mix flour and salt and stir in milk. Add 1/2 cup of Salad Dressing, curry, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes, pepper, grated cheese and mushrooms. Let mixture boil and thicken.
- Add mixture to seafood, stir and cover with breadcrumbs. Bake in oven at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.3, Fat 9.2, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 142.6, Sodium 1116.5, Carbohydrate 38.4, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 3, Protein 43.9
CREAMY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
I love this recipe from my mother. It's easy and delicious. Even better: You can make it the night before. If you're out of buttery crackers, try topping it with french-fried onions or crushed potato chips-they'll give it a different kind of crunch. -Mary Brown, Whitman, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place fish and shrimp in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Combine soup and milk; pour over seafood. Combine the cracker crumbs, cheese, paprika and butter; sprinkle over top., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 607mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
A family favorite, this rice casserole is filled with plenty of seafood and veggies. It's hearty, homey and so easy to make. -Nancy Billups, Princeton, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°., In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, celery, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and pimientos. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, milk, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; stir into seafood mixture. Stir in rice., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the dry bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 40-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 585 calories, Fat 34g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 209mg cholesterol, Sodium 1045mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
CREAMY SEAFOOD STEW
A low-fat seafood stew that tastes anything but, and all ready in 30 minutes too
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and celery until soft but not coloured, about 10 mins. Throw in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the wine and simmer on a high heat until most has disappeared.
- Pour in the stock and cornflour mix and simmer for 5-10 mins, stirring often until thickened. Season, then add the seafood and most of the dill. Simmer for a few mins until piping hot, then stir in the crème fraîche.
- Meanwhile, cook the garlic bread following pack instructions. Divide the stew into warm bowls and scatter with the remaining dill. Serve with garlic bread for dipping into the stew.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 11 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 2.22 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "rich and creamy seafood casserole recipes"
CREAMY SEAFOOD NEWBURG RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SEAFOOD GRATIN PASTA BAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND CRABMEAT
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
HEALTHY FISH & SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SIMPLE SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
AN EASY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
SEAFOOD PASTA BAKE > CALL ME PMC
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE - DISHES & DUST BUNNIES
10 EXTRA-CREAMY CASSEROLE RECIPES | KITCHN
SHERRY CREAM SAUCE LEMON CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
CREAMY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
27 RECIPES THAT BEGIN WITH A CAN OF CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
CHEFS SHARE FAVORITE SOUL FOOD RECIPES TO KICK OFF FOR BLACK HISTORY ...
EASY CHEESY POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
13 BEST RECIPES WITH TOMATO SOUP - INSANELY GOOD
CREAMY SEAFOOD PASTA BAKE- A FAMILY HOLIDAY TRADITION - IT'S …
10 EASY TURKEY MEATBALL DINNER RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE
11 SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR TONIGHT'S DINNER - TASTE …
Seafood Coastal Casserole Recipe3.8K views-04:50
Seafood Casserole As Made By Betsy's Gammy • Tasty126.2K views-03:30
EASY Crab Casserole Recipe Cooking with Shotgun Red22.6K views-08:47
Shrimp, Scallop and Fish Gratin with Leek Confit64.9K views-06:24
Lobster and Shrimp casserole7.7K views-02:40
You'll also love