ROAST SALMON WITH PEAS, POTATOES & BACON
A brilliant all-in-one dish that's perfect for a Friday night fish supper or summer roast
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip the potatoes into a large shallow roasting tin and toss with 1 tsp olive oil and some seasoning. Roast for 20 mins until just starting to colour, then scatter over the lardons and return to the oven for 10 mins to crisp up.
- Remove the tin from the oven, push the potatoes and bacon to the sides and lay the salmon in the middle. Brush with remaining oil, season, then return to the oven and cook for 20 mins more until the salmon is just cooked through. Meanwhile, cook the peas in boiling water for 2 mins and drain.
- When the fish is cooked, lift it to a serving dish. Stir the peas and spring onions through the potatoes, drizzle with a splash of vinegar, stir through the mint and season to taste. Spoon around the salmon and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 548 calories, Fat 29 grams fat, SaturatedFat 7 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 48 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
CRISPY SALMON WITH SWEET POTATOES AND RADICCHIO SALAD
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the smashed sweet potatoes: Heat cream and butter in a medium saucepan until melted together. Add sweet potatoes and gently simmer, covered, stirring frequently, until potatoes are super tender, about 30 minutes. Add maple syrup and mash with a potato masher until smooth and uniform. Season to taste with plenty of salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- For the salmon: Heat olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper all over. Lay in pan, skin-side down, and let cook, undisturbed, until skin is very crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Gently flip the salmon and add butter, thyme and garlic and cook until salmon is desired temperature, 3 to 4 minutes for medium.
- For radicchio: Zest orange, then cut away the pith with a knife and cut the segments free into a bowl, reserving any juice. Whisk together the orange juice, zest, Dijon, vinegar and shallot in a small bowl until combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Combine radicchio and watercress in a large bowl, then drizzle with vinaigrette, toss and season to taste.
- Divide sweet potatoes among four plates, then top each with a crispy salmon fillet. Add a handful of salad on the side of each, then top salad with orange segments and drizzle the salmon with the butter sauce from the pan.
SLOW-ROASTED SALMON WITH POTATOES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the leeks in a roasting pan with 1/3 cup olive oil; season with salt. Roast until slightly golden, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon in another shallow pan and rub with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- When the leeks are done, reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees F. Season the salmon with salt, place over the leeks and brush with the oil in the pan. Roast until firm, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Pulse the shallot in a food processor until minced. Add the butter, chives, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice, and salt to taste and pulse until combined.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and top with half of the herb butter; top the potatoes with the rest. Slice the salmon, season with salt and serve with the leeks and potatoes.
CITRUSY ROASTED SALMON AND POTATOES
Citrus-dressed salmon roasted over potatoes is a quick, flavorful one-pan meal that is perfect for any night of the week. Skin-on Yukon Golds are thinly sliced, fanned out and generously drizzled with a citrus sauce to serve as the base for the meal. The salmon is placed directly on top of the potatoes after they're briefly roasted, the fish is drizzled with more sauce, then everything roasts together until the salmon is tender and the potatoes are perfectly cooked through and irresistibly tangy. Feel free to swap out the cilantro for any fresh herb you prefer, such as dill or parsley.
Provided by Naz Deravian
Categories brunch, dinner, lunch, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Set a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, clementine or mandarin juice, lime juice, cilantro, shallot and garlic; set aside citrus sauce.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice them into ¼-inch-thick rounds. In a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet (or similar oven-safe pan), fan out the potato rounds, overlapping them a little, to cover the surface of the skillet. Season well with salt (about 1 to 1½ teaspoons) and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle on a few red-pepper flakes. Stir the oil and citrus juice mixture to combine again, and spoon half of the sauce over the potatoes. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, season the salmon well with salt (about 1½ teaspoons) and pepper to taste and place the salmon on top of the potatoes, skin side down. Sprinkle with a few more red-pepper flakes. Spoon the rest of the citrus sauce over the salmon and top the fish with the citrus slices. Place the skillet back in the oven and roast until the salmon is cooked through to your liking, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
CREAMY SALMON, LEEK & POTATO TRAYBAKE
Nestle leeks, potato and capers around salmon fillets to make this easy traybake for two. It's great as an midweek meal, or for a more romantic occasion
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Dinner, Fish Course, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 8 mins. Drain and leave to steam-dry in a colander for a few minutes. Toss the potatoes with ½ of the oil and plenty of seasoning in a baking tray. Put in the oven for 20 mins, tossing halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and fry for 5 mins, or until beginning to soften. Stir through the garlic for 1 min, then add the cream, capers and 75ml hot water, then bring to the boil. Stir through the chives.
- Heat the grill to high. Pour the creamy leek mixture over the potatoes, then sit the salmon fillets on top. Grill for 7-8 mins, or until just cooked through. Serve topped with extra chives and capers and a salad on the side, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714 calories, Fat 52 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
More about "salmon and bacon shallot jam with loaded crispy potatoes recipes"
CRASH HOT POTATOES WITH SMOKED SALMON RECIPE - SIMPLY …
BACON-WRAPPED SALMON RECIPE | PALEO LEAP
ONE-PAN SALMON AND POTATOES (QUICK & EASY!) - AVERIE …
BEST SHALLOT JAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY SHALLOT …
RECIPE: SHEET PAN CRISPY SALMON AND POTATOES | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GARLIC BUTTER BAKED SALMON - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (49)Total Time 35 minsCategory DinnerPublished Mar 14, 2018
SALMON AND BACON SHALLOT JAM RECIPE - HOME CHEF
Total Time 45 minsCalories 790 per serving
SALMON AND BACON SHALLOT JAM - HOME CHEF
File Size 3MB
SALMON EN CROUTE WITH BACON PLUM JAM AND POMME FRITES
SALMON WITH ROASTED TOMATOES AND SHALLOTS - EATINGWELL
RECIPES - SALMON WITH SCALLIONS AND BACON - APPLEGATE
10 BEST SALMON WITH BACON BAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SALMON AND BACON SHALLOT JAM WITH LOADED CRISPY …
SHALLOT BACON JAM | CONDIMENT | SWEET AND SAVORY
SMASHED CRISPY POTATOES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SALMON WITH BACON, SWEETCORN AND CRUSHED POTATOES - DELICIOUS.
SHEET PAN SALMON WITH POTATOES AND BROCCOLINI RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
SALMON AND BACON SHALLOT JAM WITH LOADED CRISPY POTATOES
You'll also love