I make this tasty butter during the growing season and often freeze for later use. When veggies are sauteed in the herb-butter, the basil tastes as fresh as if it just came out of the garden. -Emily Chaney, Penobscot, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place basil in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add remaining ingredients; process until blended., Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap; shape into a log. Refrigerate up to one week or wrap securely and freeze for longer storage. Unwrap and slice to use with seafood, poultry, vegetables, pasta and bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 58mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
Try this sweet-and-peppery butter on broiled or grilled white fish, on grilled steak or chicken, on corn on the cob or boiled potatoes, or with boiled green beans or peas.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a small bowl, combine butter and fresh basil; season generously with coarse salt and ground pepper. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to an 11-by-10-inch piece of parchment or waxed paper. Roll into a cylinder, about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter; twist ends to seal. Refrigerate until very firm, about 2 hours. To serve, unwrap and slice crosswise.
- Place garlic, basil, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the garlic is in small bits. Add the butter, and process just to mix together. Spoon into container, and refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 55 calories, Carbohydrate 0.2 g, Cholesterol 16.3 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 43.7 mg
Flavoured butters are great to have to hand, make a batch and keep them in the freezer for meat and fish dishes
Provided by Mary Cadogan
Categories Dinner, Side dish, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Take 100g of butter out of the fridge for an hour to soften. Flavour is key, so use good-quality semi-salted or unsalted butter. Beat the butter with a wooden spoon until it is soft and creamy, then beat in any of the flavourings you fancy. See each below.
- Tip the flavoured butter onto a square of baking parchment or cling film, roll it around the butter to form a sausage shape, then twist the ends to seal. The butter is now ready to be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer.
More about "simple basil butter recipes"
25 BEST BASIL RECIPES | WAYS TO USE UP …
EASY FLAVORED BUTTER RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
20 MINUTE GARLIC BASIL BROWN BUTTER PASTA. - HALF …
BASIL BUTTER (GARLIC HERB BUTTER)
BASIL BUTTER SALMON IN FOIL - NO SPOON NECESSARY
BASIL PESTO BUTTER - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
5 EASY WAYS TO USE BASIL - TRADITIONAL COOKING …
10-MINUTE HOMEMADE BASIL BUTTER • THE BOJON GOURMET
5/5 (2)Category Appetizer, Compound Butter, Dip, SauceCuisine AmericanTotal Time 10 mins
20 EASY RECIPES TO MAKE FOR EASTER BRUNCH - ALWAYS USE BUTTER
PâTE SUCRéE RECIPE (FRENCH SWEET SHORTCRUST PASTRY)
EASY PRESS IN THE PAN PIE CRUST RECIPE :: SOUTHERN SAVERS
HOMEMADE MARINARA SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
EVERYDAY HERB BUTTER ORZO PASTA - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
HOMEMADE HERB BUTTER - THREE EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPE IDEAS
EASY STRAWBERRY BASIL MUFFINS WITH WHIPPED STRAWBERRY BUTTER …
YOU’LL NEVER BUY BUTTER FROM THE STORE AGAIN AFTER YOU’VE MADE IT ...
VEGAN RECIPES ON INSTAGRAM: "WHICH ONE WOULD YOU EAT? 1 OR 2?
7 RECIPES THAT START WITH A JAR OF PESTO SAUCE - SOUTHERN LIVING
STRAWBERRY BASIL FOOL | EASY NO-BAKE DESSERT | CLINTON KELLY
BASIL PASTA WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - JULIA'S ALBUM
PARMESAN-BASIL BUTTER RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
GRILLED SALMON WITH BASIL BUTTER RECIPE - KITCHEN SWAGGER
GARLIC BUTTER PIZZA ROLLS - GARLIC BUTTER PIZZA DOUGH ROLLS
CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND HASSELBACK GARLIC BREAD | RACHAEL …
HOW TO MEAL PREP BUTTER CHICKEN | EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPE
24 FRESH BASIL RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PAGE NOT FOUND • INSTAGRAM
11 EASY BUTTER BOARD RECIPES: A TASTY ALTERNATIVE TO CHARCUTERIE
2-INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - KITCHEN SWAGGER
QUICK AND EASY LEMON BASIL PASTA | JULIE BLANNER
You'll also love