STICKY BBQ CHICKEN SKEWERS
This sticky BBQ marinade is one of the best, in my opinion. Best served with boiled rice with peas incorperated. I hope you enjoy them!
Provided by Lydia C
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Place all the SAUCE ingrediants into a pan. Bring to a boil and stir every 20 or so seconds until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to partially cool other wise the chicken will start to cook.
- Cut chicken up into kebab-sized pieces and put into a bowl with the sauce. Leave for 30 minutes at least to marinade.
- Thread chicken onto wooden (or metal) skewers with pepper into between each piece.
- Line the base of a grill pan with foil, grill for 10 to 12 minutes turning every 4-5 minutes. Brush sauce on the skewers with a pastry brush every time you turn them, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- If you are having the suggested side, boil rice until cooked through, (if you don't add too much water, the rice should soak up the water nicely) add the peas and stir until they are cooked. Drain rice.
- Serve the skewers with the rice and enjoy! Don't forget to let me know what you think!
STICKY CHICKEN & CHORIZO SKEWERS
Pair the winning combo of chicken and chorizo with a sticky garlic, honey and thyme glaze. Serve on skewers in homemade flatbreads
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Dinner, Lunch
Yield Serves 8 (with 16 flatbreads)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, thyme, paprika, garlic and 2 tbsp honey with plenty of black pepper. Pour ¾ of the marinade over the chicken and chorizo, reserving the rest to glaze the skewers later. Marinate for at least 2 hrs or overnight. Whisk the leftover 1 tbsp honey into the reserved marinade.
- To make the flatbreads, mix the flour, olive oil, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add 700ml water and knead to a rough dough. Tip onto a floured work surface and knead for 10 mins until smooth and elastic. Transfer to an oiled bowl and cover. Leave to double in size, about 1 hr.
- Knock the dough back and divide into 16 small balls about 140g each. Roll each out on a floured work surface until a few millimetres thick and about 20cm wide. Heat a dry frying pan on a medium high heat and cook the dough for 3-4 mins until golden underneath and large bubbles start forming. Flip and cook for 1-2 mins more until lightly golden. You can keep the flatbreads warm in a low oven or on the barbecue, wrapped in foil.
- Thread the chicken, chorizo and peppers onto eight large or 16 small metal skewers. Season with salt. Light a barbecue, let the flames die down and the coals turn ashy white, or heat the grill to medium high. Grill the skewers for 8-10 mins, turning every few mins until the chicken is cooked through. Use the remaining marinade to glaze the meat when turning.
- With a fork, slide the meat and peppers off the skewers on to the flatbreads. Serve sides separately for guests to assemble their own kebabs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 26 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
STICKY GARLIC CHICKEN SKEWERS
- Soak 12 bamboo skewers, each 10 inches long, in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the garlic, honey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce, and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss in the chicken and stir until well combined, transfer to a nonmetallic dish, cover and marinate for 20 or 30 minutes or overnight.
- Prepare the outdoor grill or preheat the broiler to high.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers.
- Cook over the hot coals of an outdoor grill for 5 to 6 minutes or arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 6 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally until well browned and cooked through.
People also searched
More about "sticky bbq chicken skewers recipes"
BARBECUE CHICKEN SKEWERS (THE BEST) - RICARDO
4/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Dishes
- In a glass dish, combine the buttermilk and spices. Add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. Cook in the microwave oven for 1 minute or until the sauce starts boiling. Set aside.
GRILLED STICKY SWEET CHICKEN SKEWERS - SIMPLY SCRATCH
4.6/5 (16)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Mains & EntreesCalories 356 per serving
STICKY-SWEET GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS - KIKKOMAN HOME COOKS
Servings 6-8Total Time 2 hrs 37 mins
BBQ STICKY CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE)
STICKY CHICKEN SKEWERS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
STICKY CHICKEN SKEWERS | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
GRILLED STICKY CHICKEN SKEWERS - MY RECIPE MAGIC
GRILLED STICKY CHICKEN SKEWERS - WHENEVER I MAKE THESE ...
CHICKEN SKEWERS – THE STICKY KITCHEN
STICKY GARLIC CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BBQ & GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS AND KABOB RECIPES
STICKY BOURBON CHICKEN SKEWERS - PERCOLATE KITCHEN
STICKY CHICKEN SKEWERS (PALEO, WHOLE30 AND KETO OPTIONS)
GRILLED STICKY CHICKEN KABOBS ON A STICK | IT IS A KEEPER
JAPANESE CHICKEN SKEWER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BEST STICKY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - DELISH.COM
GRILLED STICKY CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STICKY BBQ CHICKEN SKEWERS WITH PINEAPPLE - KRUMPLI
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken skewers on the grill?If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the grill. Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan. Add onions and saute until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
What is the best marinade to cook chicken skewers?Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, thyme, paprika, garlic and 2 tbsp honey with plenty of black pepper. Pour ¾ of the marinade over the chicken and chorizo, reserving the rest to glaze the skewers later.
How to cook chicken kebabs on the grill?You will be king or queen of the grill due to it's tangy Asian flavors and succulent chicken. If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the grill. Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan. Add onions and saute until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
Are sticky Bourbon chicken skewers addictive?Sticky Bourbon Chicken Skewers (Easy Party Appetizer!) These sticky bourbon chicken skewers are not only an easy party appetizer, they’re incredibly additive. You can’t stop after eating just one!