LAYERED STRAWBERRY-LIME GELATIN RING
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese and mix on low until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Put the lime gelatin in a medium heatsafe bowl, pour in 1 cup boiling water and gently stir until completely dissolved. Add the gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture and stir until combined. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a mixing bowl to remove any lumps.
- Spray a 10-cup fluted bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour the lime gelatin mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spoon to push the pineapple and cherries into the mixture and distribute them throughout. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- After about 1 1/2 hours, put 2 cups cold water in a medium heatsafe bowl. Add the strawberry gelatin and let bloom for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Dampen a baking sheet with a little water and set aside. Fill a bowl larger than the bundt pan with warm water (make sure it's not too hot). Dip the bundt pan into the water in 5-second intervals (don't hold it in there too long) to loosen the lime gelatin from the pan. This may need to be repeated a few times until you see it start to loosen from the sides and center. Once loosened, place the baking sheet on top of the bundt pan and flip to invert the lime gelatin onto the baking sheet. Lift the bundt pan off the gelatin and rotate it slightly, then place it back over the gelatin so the fluted ridges of the bundt pan and the molded gelatin do NOT line up (the strawberry gelatin layer will fill the spaces).
- Flip the bundt pan and baking sheet back right-side up so the lime gelatin is back in the pan but slightly off center. Pour in the cooled strawberry gelatin mixture; the lime gelatin should float in the strawberry liquid. Using your fingers, realign the lime gelatin with the proper grooves of the pan. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Dip the bundt pan into a bowl of warm water (following the method above), being careful not to hold it in there too long. Place a serving dish on top of the bundt pan and flip to invert the gelatin ring onto the dish.
STRAWBERRY GELATIN DESSERT
"I love desserts and strawberries, so I try to combine the two whenever possible," says Virginia Myers of Altamont, Illinois. "This light fluffy gelatin treat goes over well whenever I serve it."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack., Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; let stand for 20 minutes. In another bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain berries, reserving the juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Stir berries and juice mixture into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set., Meanwhile, combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping, then gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243 calories, Fat 7g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 150mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
FRESH HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JELLO
Jell-O always seems a bit like magic to me. Add water to the brightly colored, sugary powder and in no time it's solid and giggles like a good belly laugh. The problem is, the stuff in the box tastes like congealed, watered-down kool-aid. There is no actual fruit involved, just artificial color and flavor. But, it is so easy and fun to create a fresh fruit version. There is really nothing better, and more summery, than the taste of fresh strawberries. Take those gorgeous strawberries, puree them and add just enough gelatin to set the fruit in a fancy mold. Knowing how to work with unflavored gelatin properly means you can set a liquid, without having it bounce like a rubber ball. You want to use just enough to keep its shape, but still have a smooth, luscious feel. It's fun, all-natural and a festive treat for your summer picnics.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a saucepan cook the strawberries and 1 cup sugar over medium-low heat. If you are using fresh strawberries you may need to add 2 tablespoons of water. Cook until the fruit is softened. Frozen and VERY ripe fruit will cook faster.
- Use a regular or immersion hand blender to puree the fruit. Strain the seeds and return to the pot. Using a chinoise strainer will make the job go much faster.
- In a small bowl, pour the 3 packets of gelatin over 1/2 cup of water, making sure no dry powder remains. Let the gelatin sit until it "blooms" and absorbs all the water.
- Heat the strained puree to a simmer, turn off the heat and add the bloomed gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is melted and evenly distributed in the puree.
- Choose a mold that fits at least 5 cups. I used a silicone mold, such as the Lekue Imperial Monarch Mold.
- Fill the mold with 3/4 of the puree. Set the mold in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until a skin is formed on the top.
- Pour half the remaining puree into a bowl. Whip the heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and add it to the puree in the bowl.
- Gently fold the cream into the puree.
- Add the cream/puree mixture to the mold, refrigerate for about 15 minutes, or until it has set slightly. Add the remaining strawberry puree to the top. Set in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or until well set.
- To un-mold the jello: fill a large vessel with hot water.
- Dip the jello into the hot water, being careful not to get water over the lip of the mold. You may need to use a knife to carefully separate the edge of the mold from the jello. Let the mold sit in the water for 15 to 30 seconds. Set the jello on a platter.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use a thin bladed knife dipped in hot water to cut the jello.
This brightly flavored jelly would make a delicious layer in a birthday cake. Pour it into the cake pan you're using for the cake and let it set.
Yield makes one 9x12-inch pan
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Run a 9 x 12-inch rimmed baking sheet under cold water and shake off the excess. Line the damp pan neatly with plastic wrap. (The water will help the plastic stick to the pan.)
- Cut enough of the strawberries into tiny dice to measure 1/4 cup.
- Put the remaining strawberries in a food processor and process to a very smooth puree. Strain and measure out 2 cups.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the puree into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Let sit for at least 1 minute.
- Pour the water into a saucepan and whisk in the agar. Add 1/2 cup of the strawberry puree and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the puree with the gelatin and whisk for at least 1 minute to dissolve the gelatin. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining 1 cup puree, the sugar, the Triple Sec, and the diced strawberries. Taste for sugar and stir in more if needed.
- Skim any froth. Pour into the baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set. To serve, turn out onto a cutting board and cut into small squares. Or use a whisk to break the gelée up into irregular shapes.
FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE I
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar and corn starch; make sure to blend corn starch in completely. Add boiling water, and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mix, and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries in baked pie shells; position berries with points facing up. Pour cooled gel mixture over strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166.9 calories, Carbohydrate 31.6 g, Fat 4.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 104.3 mg, Sugar 21.7 g
LIGHT STRAWBERRY GELATIN PIE
There's plenty of sweet berry flavor in this refreshing dessert. Made with sugar-free gelatin and a graham cracker crust, the summery pie is easy to fix and attractive enough to serve to guests. I sometimes substitute fresh peaches and peach gelatin. -D. Smith, Feasterville-Trevose, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. , Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm., Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 125mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "strawberry gelatins recipes"
NATURALLY FLAVORED HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY GELATIN RECIPE
Reviews 27Category GelatinCuisine DessertTotal Time 5 hrs 18 mins
- Strain puree through a medium or fine mesh strainer into a bowl. This should yield about 1 cup of puree.
FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE WITH JELLO - MOM FOODIE
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY GELATIN - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
EASY STRAWBERRY GELATIN DESSERT | MYDELICIOUSMEALS.COM
BRITISH STRAWBERRY JELLY (GELATIN) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MYO HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY GELATIN (JELLO) | COPYCAT JELLO GELATIN …
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THESE STRAWBERRY SALAD RECIPES TASTE LIKE SUMMER—AND ARE A …
20 BEST 4TH OF JULY RECIPES - EASY FOURTH OF JULY RECIPES
KETO SUGAR FREE JELLO RECIPE - WHOLESOME YUM
STRAWBERRY GUMMY BEARS | ROYAL
10 BEST STRAWBERRY GLAZE WITH GELATIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
36 OLD-SCHOOL JELL-O RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST STRAWBERRY MOUSSE WITH GELATIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST STRAWBERRY GLAZE WITH GELATIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JELLO RECIPE (MADE WITH REAL FRUIT)
STRAWBERRY PIE (BEST RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
285 EASY AND TASTY STRAWBERRY GELATIN RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
STRAWBERRY MOUSSE RECIPE BEST EVER (WITH GELATIN) - VEENA AZMANOV
10 BEST STRAWBERRY JAM GELATIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love