SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE AND MINI RAINBOW PEPPERS
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Add peppers, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, granulated garlic, salt and pepper to a large skillet and toss to coat. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and saute the peppers until they start to get slightly tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Nestle in the sausages amongst the peppers and lower the heat to low, then cover and gently simmer until the sausages are about 145 degrees F, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the sausage from the skillet and grill until charred and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Place back in the skillet with the mini sweet peppers and serve.
SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE ROUNDS RECIPE
Provided by HeatherS
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Place all ingredients in CROCK-POT® slow cooker; toss to coat completely. Cook on HIGH 3 hours or until richly glazed. 2. Serve with decorative cocktail picks. Makes 3 cups
SUNNY'S SWEET AND SPICY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 8 patties
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, fennel seed, paprika, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Break the beef into chunks and add to a large bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the top then with your hand gently mix the beef until the seasoning is evenly distributed. Divide the mixture into 8 even portions and roll gently into balls. Place back in the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the sausage from the refrigerator and one by one place each ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a meat pounder, flatten out the sausage balls into 1/8-inch thick patties.
- In a large saute pan or griddle over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and cook the sausage patties in batches. Sear on one side until caramelized and golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes, then flip to cook just a minute more on the other side.
SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE RAGU NACHOS WITH PICKLED ONIONS
Provided by Anne Burrell
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- For the ragu: Put the garlic, celery, onions and fennel in a food processor and puree to a coarse paste.
- Coat a wide, deep pan with olive oil. Add the pureed veggies, season with salt and bring to medium-high heat. Cook the veggies until all the liquid has evaporated and they begin to stick to the pan - you want to brown the crap out of these guys until crud starts to form on the bottom of the pan. Stir occasionally to scrape up the brown bits, and then let the crud form again. Be patient here and don't rush it, this is where the big flavor develops; it will take up to 30 minutes.
- When the lovely brown crud has formed and been scraped down a couple of times, add the tomato paste, stirring to combine. Let it start to brown a little and continue stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. There's not much liquid at this point to keep things from burning, so be careful and move fast. Add the wine, stir to combine and scrape up any remaining brown bits. Cook until about half the wine has evaporated, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add both the spicy and sweet sausage and, using a spoon to break it up, cook until the meat is brown (this is where another round of big brown flavors is formed, so take your time), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add enough water to the pan to cover the meat by about 1/2-inch. Stir to combine well, and then add the bay leaves and thyme bundle. Taste, season with salt and taste again; it's by no means done, but it should taste good. Bring the sauce to a boil (BTB) and reduce to a simmer (RTS). Continue cooking, checking occasionally, for 3 hours, tasting, seasoning and adding more water as needed.
- For the pickled onions: In a medium bowl, combine the red wine vinegar with 1/2 cup cold tap water. Stir in the sugar, salt and hot sauce.
- Add the sliced onions and let sit for at least 1 hour. To assemble: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. On a large platter, spread out a layer of tortilla chips. Spoon a layer of the ragu over the chips. Cover with a layer of Parmigianino and fontina cheeses. Place in the oven until the cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle a layer of arugula over the top and finish with a large dollop of mascarpone cheese. A gooey cheesy treat. Delish.
This main dish is a nice change of pace from traditional sweet-and-sour meatballs. It's much quicker to make, too. For variety, I like to substitute a different kind of sausage, like spicy Italian.-Nova MacIsaac, Souris, Prince Edward Island
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until a thermometer reads 160° drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-size pieces; set aside. , Combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, vinegar and ketchup; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pineapple and sausage; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET & SPICY SAUSAGE ROUNDS
This is a quick and easy, slow cooker, appetizer. A different option is to serve over rice for an entree.
Provided by Judy W
Categories Meat Appetizers
Number Of Ingredients 5
- 1. Place all ingredients into slow cooker; toss to coat completely. Cook on high for 3 hours or until richly glazed. Serve with cocktail picks for appetizers.
SPICY SAUSAGE PATTIES
Jazz up any breakfast with these subtly spiced sausage patties. They're sure to perk up your taste buds and get your motor running! Plus, they only take 20 minutes to make! Athena M. Russell - Florence, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Crumble pork into a large bowl. Sprinkle with seasonings; mix well. Shape into four 3-in. patties., In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 339mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 16g protein.
More about "sweet and spicy sausage rounds recipes"
SLOW COOKER RECIPE: SWEET AND SPICY BBQ SAUSAGE
4.5/5 (14)Total Time 4 hrs 5 minsCategory AppetizersCalories 226 per serving
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 5-6 hours. Increase heat to high the last 30 minutes. (or cook on high 3-4 hours)
SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE RAGU | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Coat the bottom of a wide, deep pan with olive oil, add the puréed veggies, season with salt and cook over medium-high heat until all the liquid has evaporated and the veggies begin to stick to the pan—you want to brown the crap out of these guys until crud starts to form on the bottom of the pan
SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE AND FARFALLE - A 20 MINUTE …
Reviews 7Servings 4Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Course
RECIPES THAT START WITH SPICY HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE
OUR FAVORITE SWEET AND SPICY DINNER RECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY CROCK POT KIELBASA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET & SPICY SAUSAGE ROUNDS - CROCK POT APPETIZER - YOUTUBE
SWEET & SPICY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE RECIPE - THE SPICE HOUSE
EASY BREAKFAST TOSTADAS (TOSTADOS RECIPE) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SPICY SAUSAGE PASTA - SUPERGOLDEN BAKES
CREAMY SAUSAGE ORZO RECIPE
OUR GUIDE TO DIFFERENT TYPES OF SPICY PORK SAUSAGE
SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE ROUNDS RECIPE - PINTEREST
SWEET SAUSAGE BITES RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
SWEET AND SPICY SAUSAGE ROUNDS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
27 SWEET & SAVORY CORONATION RECIPES - CORONATION DAY FOOD …
15 BEST KEBAB RECIPES - BBQ AND SKEWER RECIPES - THE PIONEER …
SWEET AND SPICY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE - THE HEALTHY EPICUREAN
HOW VIENNA SAUSAGE DIFFERS IN KOREA AND THE US - TASTING TABLE
CROCKPOT SWEET AND SPICY KIELBASA BITES
You'll also love