HOTDISH (TATER TOT CASSEROLE)
Hotdish is an easy, one-dish dinner often served in Minnesota at such large gatherings as family reunions, potlucks or church suppers. Don't be turned off by its humble appearance; the combination of cream of mushroom soup, corn, green beans, beef and a delightful crispy potato topping (the more taters, the better!) is universally likeable.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Add the beef to the onions and cook until the meat is brown, stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet to release the yummy brown bits, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the beef and onion mixture from the skillet into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Scatter the green beans and corn evenly on top. Spread the cream of mushroom soup over top and top with frozen potato tots. Bake uncovered for 1 hour; the potato tots should be golden brown. Serve.
EASY TATER TOT® CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a skillet over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes. Spread beef into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, potato nuggets, and Cheddar cheese together in a large bowl until potato nuggets are evenly coated in soup and cheese. Spread potato nugget mixture over beef mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle paprika and parsley flakes over the top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 82.4 mg, Fat 32.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 1077.2 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
QUICK AND EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Crumble hamburger into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle meat with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover the hamburger with tater tots.
- In a bowl, stir together mushroom soup, celery soup and milk. Pour the soup mixture over the potatoes and hamburger and sprinkle with additional garlic powder.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 509 calories, Carbohydrate 46.9 g, Cholesterol 62.3 mg, Fat 29.7 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1384.9 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
TATER TOTS® CASSEROLE
My family loves this casserole. It is easy to prepare and makes enough for two meals. Serve with a crisp salad and fresh pineapple for a complete meal your family will love!
Provided by Kristy
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 13x9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 20 potato nuggets in the casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Season beef mixture with 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, milk, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Smash the warmed potato nuggets in the casserole dish to cover the bottom completely. Spread ground beef mixture over the mashed potato nuggets. Pour soup mixture evenly over the beef layer. Top with remaining potato nuggets and sprinkle 1 cup Cheddar cheese evenly over the nuggets.
- Bake in preheated oven until casserole is bubbly and potatoes golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 439.5 calories, Carbohydrate 34.4 g, Cholesterol 60.6 mg, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 1130.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Line up the tater tots in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, then sprinkle it over the tater tots.
- In a large bowl, mix the milk, half-and-half, seasoned salt, cayenne, eggs, bell peppers, half of both cheeses and some salt and pepper. Pour over the tots and sausage mixture, then top with the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered, for about 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the casserole is cooked through, another 20 to 35 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- Cook beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until beef is well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
- Stir soup, ketchup and Worcestershire into skillet. Spoon beef mixture into 12x8-inch shallow baking dish. Arrange potatoes around edge of casserole.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until potatoes are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.6 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 59.2 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 17.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 848.9 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
TATER TOTS(R) CASSEROLE
Quick and easy casserole everyone will love.
Provided by barryzimm
Categories Tater Tots® Casserole
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Stir cream of mushroom soup into the cooked ground beef; pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer tater tots evenly over the ground beef mixture; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake until tater tots are golden brown and hot, 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.1 calories, Carbohydrate 16.9 g, Cholesterol 65.1 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 700.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
SLOPPY JOE TATER TOTS™ CASSEROLE
Sloppy Joes meet Tater Tots™ in this casserole that's light on prep and loaded with flavor--and sure to be a hit with the entire family.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain, and return to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until boiling.
- Place half of the frozen potatoes in single layer in bottom of baking dish. Pour beef mixture on top. Top with 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese, then the remaining potatoes, then remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned. Top with chopped pickles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Fat 4, Fiber 4 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1240 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 1/2 g
People also searched
More about "tater tot casserole recipes"
30 EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST …
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE - MOM ON TIMEOUT
9 FAMILY-FRIENDLY TATER TOT CASSEROLES - ALLRECIPES
Author Carl HansonPublished 2020-10-21Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
9 BEST SIDE DISHES FOR TATER TOT CASSEROLE - RECIPEMARKER.COM
BEST TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TATER TOT ...
CHICKEN TATER TOT CASSEROLE -- EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL FOR THE FAMILY!
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - ALLRECIPES
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
10 BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE » HOMEMADE HEATHER
SO-EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SLOPPY JOE TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE - MSN.COM
TATER TOT CASSEROLE - CASSEROLE RECIPES
EASY TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE SUBURBAN SIMPLICITY
WORLD'S BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #casseroles #main-dish #beef #vegetables #oven #easy #beginner-cook #potluck #kid-friendly #dietary #one-dish-meal #toddler-friendly #meat #greens #to-go #equipment
Tater Tot Casserole203K views-07:14
Love & Best Dishes: Tater Tot Casserole Recipe92K views-14:44
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole1M views-12:51
The Pioneer Woman Makes a Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole | The Pioneer Woman | Food Network696K views-04:01
Tater Tot Casserole Recipe | Ep. 1329245K views-08:14
Tater Tot Casserole - Cheap and Easy Recipe218K views-11:15
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's in a tater tot casserole?This tater tot casserole is classic comfort food packed with savory ground beef, creamy mushroom soup, and crunchy tater tots. This recipe is incredibly easy to make, budget-friendly, and can feed a hungry crowd in a flash. Want to save this recipe? Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox!
Can you make a tater tot casserole ahead of time?Whether you call it a tater tot casserole or a Minnesota hotdish, this cozy recipe is comfort food at its very best. When it starts to get cold, I love to make this quick and creamy Tater Tot bake. It's a great homey dinner, that's easy to put together. I make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator.
How to cook tater tots with ground beef?Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Stir cream of mushroom soup into the cooked ground beef; pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer tater tots evenly over the ground beef mixture; top with Cheddar cheese.
What state has the Best tater tot casserole?The world's best Tater Tot Casserole recipe became popular in the Midwest states of Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. Sometimes a meal with tator tots and melted cheese just hits the spot! The gourmet Tater Tot Casserole recipe is an incredibly easy dish to make and everyone always loves it.