Smooth and with the fragrant flavor of sweet cherries, this homemade cherry bounce makes a wonderful holiday gift. For an additional treat, the drained cherries are delicious over vanilla ice cream. -Matt Warren, Mequon, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5-1/4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place cherries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Strain juice through a cheesecloth-lined colander; divide cherries among six 1-pint jars., Return juice to saucepan; add sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely., Stir in rum and brandy; pour syrup into bottles over cherries. Cover and let stand for at least 1 month, stirring every week. Store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TO MAKE AN EXCELLENT CHERRY BOUNCE
- 1. Pit the cherries, cut them in half, and put them in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, carefully mash the fruit to extract as much juice as possible. Strain the juice through a large fine-mesh strainer, pressing the fruit with a sturdy spoon. (You should have about 8 cups.) Reserve the mashed cherries in the freezer or refrigerator for later use. If using jarred cherries, drain the fruit and set the juice aside before halving and mashing the cherries. Add any pressed juice to the reserved jarred juice.
- 2. In a lidded 1-gallon glass jar, combine the juice with the brandy and sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cover with the lid, and set aside in the refrigerator for 24 hours, occasionally stirring or carefully shaking the jar.
- 3. Bring 2 cups of the juice to a simmer over medium heat. Taste the sweetened juice and add more sugar, if desired. Stir in the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and nutmeg. Then cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool to room temperature. Strain, and discard the spices.
- 4. Stir the spiced juice back into the 1-gallon glass jar with the reserved sweetened juice. Cover loosely with the lid, and set aside for at least 2 weeks before serving, occasionally shaking the jar with care.
- 5. Serve at room temperature in small cordial or wine glasses. Store the remaining cherry bounce in the refrigerator.
Legend has it that the cherry bounce, a drink popular in the southern United States, was one of George Washington's favorite tipples. It was originally made with brandy, but you can also use bourbon, vodka, dark rum, or (as here) white rum, which lets the fruit's natural color shine through. The cherry-infused spirit needs to sit for at least a week and up to one month before being chilled and served ice-cold.
Provided by Anna Kovel
Yield Makes 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, pierce 2 to 3 holes in each fresh cherry, then place in a large crock or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Pour in rum and stir to combine, pressing lightly on cherries to release some juices. Cover jar and let stand in a cool, dark place at least 1 week and up to 1 month.
- Strain mixture, discarding solids; pour liquid into a resealable jar or bottle. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 6 months. Serve chilled, over ice, with frozen cherries.
DOOR COUNTY CHERRY BOUNCE
A fun way to make your own cherry-infused liquor dessert drink. Tart cherries are the real 'star' of this recipe. Warning: The cherries are very strong after a few months, so eat responsibly. Serve over ice with Sierra Mist® or Sprite® to cut liquor strength.
Provided by Crockpot Kerry
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put cherries in a clean, 1-quart glass jar; add sugar. Fill the rest of the jar with vodka. Place lid on jar and shake.
- Store jar in a cool, dark area for 1 to 4 months, shaking jar occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101.1 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 0.2 mg, Sugar 10.8 g
CHERRY BOUNCE -- A CORDIAL
Make and share this Cherry Bounce -- A Cordial recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the cherries in a 1 quart glass container, being careful not to crush the fruit.
- Add the sugar and the lemon peel.
- Fill the container with the bourbon.
- Seal the lid and gently shake the jar, or move it around the counter to distribute the alcohol and sugar evenly.
- The sugar will continue to dissolve over time.
- Place the cordial in a cool, dark place for 2 months to allow the liquor to be infused with the flavor.
- Jump start the process by placing the container on a sunny windowsill for the 1st two weeks.
- The fluctuating temperatures of the daytime sun and the cool evenings will speed the flavor infusion.
More about "to make an excellent cherry bounce recipes"
CHERRY BOUNCE | SOUTH MOUNTAIN DISTILLING CO.
BLACK CHERRY BOUNCE: A HOMEMADE COUGH SYRUP AND CORDIAL
CHERRY BOUNCE OLD FASHIONED - EDIBLE DOOR
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY BOUNCE - HISTORIC LONDON TOWN
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE AND FREE COOKING TIPS | RECIPE UPDATE
TO MAKE AN EXCELLENT CHERRY BOUNCE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHERRY BOUNCE: A COCKTAIL FOR NORTH CAROLINA - GARDEN & GUN
CHERRY BOUNCE - REBECCA WOOD
IT'S TIME TO MAKE CHERRY BOUNCE - JUST SHORT OF CRAZY
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHERRY BOUNCE MOONSHINE? (SOLVED)
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY BOUNCE MOONSHINE? (PERFECT ANSWER)
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE - BUNSEN BURNER BAKERY
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE FOR GEORGE WASHINGTON’S CHERRY BOUNCE
MARTHA WASHINGTON’S “EXCELLENT CHERRY BOUNCE” | CHERRY BOUNCE …
TO MAKE AN EXCELLENT CHERRY BOUNCE
HOMEMADE CHERRY BOUNCE - IMBIBE MAGAZINE
CHERRY BOUNCE | FEAST + WEST
CHERRY BOUNCE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHERRY BOUNCE · GEORGE WASHINGTON'S MOUNT VERNON
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE – AN EASY HOMEMADE CORDIAL RECIPE
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE - KING ORCHARDS
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SMOKED CHERRY BOUNCE WILL MAKE YOUR SUMMER WEIRD RECIPE
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE - HOCKADAY ORCHARDS
SMOKED CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE - KAT KINSMAN | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY BOUNCE - OHIO MAGAZINE
CHERRY BOUNCE – WOODVILLE
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DOOR COUNTY CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE
WHEN CHERRIES ARE RIPE, MAKE CHERRY BOUNCE | FOOD & WINE
OUR OHIO RECIPE: CLASSIC CHERRY BOUNCE - OFBF.ORG
TO MAKE AN EXCELLENT CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE EPICURIOUS COM
CHERRY BOUNCE RECIPE MARTHA WASHINGTON
TO MAKE AN EXCELLENT CHERRY BOUNCE COCKTAIL - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
PIN ON **DELISH RECIPES**
CHERRY BOUNCE - THE WASHINGTON POST
Campfire Cocktails! - Excellent Cherry Bounce From The 1700's185K views-07:56
What to do with all those cherries? Cherry Bounce!2.2K views-04:58
What is a Cherry Bounce?4.1K views-02:24
How to Make Cherry Bounce - Homemade Liqueur3.3K views-08:25
Its time to start your Cherry Bounce!1.3K views-02:56
Cherry Bounce Moonshine|2 Recipes7.6K views-04:50
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Cherry Bounce with vodka?Add a 1/2 cup of sugar and then fill the jar with vodka. Shake until sugar dissolves and then store in a cool, dark place for 5-6 month, shaking occasionally. If you start now the Cherry Bounce will be ready just in time for the holidays.
What's in a cherry bounce?An infusion of fresh cherries, sugar and spirit (typically brandy, whiskey or rum), cherry bounce offers a delicious taste of summer. And cocktail consultant Todd Appel has just the recipe.
How to make Cherry moonshine with cherries?Instructions. 1 Place cherries and sugar in the jar and mix. 2 Add bourbon and stir together. 3 Seal the jar. Place in a dark warm place. Stir daily until sugar is dissolved. Allow to sit for 3 months. 1 Why is it called Cherry Bounce? 2 How long does it take for moonshine cherries to kick in? 3 How long does cherry moonshine last?
Can you make cherry bounce in advance?Keep fresh cherries preserved in whiskey (or other alcohol) for a wonderful year-round treat – this homemade cherry bounce recipe is excellent for drinking (or baking! ) and can be made in advance. It’s no secret that cherries are one of my favorite fruits.