BEST TOMATO PIE
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch pan or glass pie plate; fold excess dough under and press to form a thick edge. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over the bottom. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drain tomato wedges in a colander or on paper towels. Arrange tomato wedges in the pie shell. Sprinkle basil and garlic on top.
- Combine remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Spread evenly over tomatoes; do not spread onto crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden and bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Cover edges with a ring of foil to keep from overcooking if needed. Garnish pie with whole basil leaves and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415 calories, Carbohydrate 34 g, Cholesterol 31.5 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 790.5 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
This Southern tomato pie recipe is a summer must-have! Use sunny tomatoes that are firm, but not too ripe, so the results are delicious rather than too juicy. -Lois Morgan, Edisto Beach, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight., Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice., Bake until bottom is lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until light brown, 5-10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack., In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, green onions and seasonings. Arrange one-third of the tomatoes in crust; spread with one-third of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers twice. Bake 25 minutes. Top with bacon; bake until filling is bubbly, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396 calories, Fat 32g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 49mg cholesterol, Sodium 466mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 15 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pinch the edges of the tart shells and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the thyme, dill, salt, pepper, basil, tomatoes and rosemary, and toss until combined.
- In another large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and green onions. Mix to combine well.
- Scoop and divide the tomato mixture evenly among the tart shells and top with the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the top with coarse ground black pepper and bake until the tops are golden brown, 20 minutes.
TOMATO PIE I
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In alternating layers, fill pastry shell with tomatoes, basil, scallions, bacon, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix cheese with mayonnaise. Spread mixture over top of pie. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil from top of pie and bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21.9 g, Cholesterol 56.8 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 778.2 mg, Sugar 5 g
EASY TOMATO PIE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Roll the pie crust into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the crust to a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Trim the edges so the crust hangs over the pie pan by 1/2 inch. Tuck the edges of the crust under to be even with edge of the pie pan and press all around with the tines of a fork. Place the crust in the refrigerator for 1 hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Using your fingers, push out as many of the watery tomato seeds as you can. Lay the slices flat on a paper towel-lined sheet tray and sprinkle all over with the salt. Let drain for 30 minutes, then pat very dry.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- While the tomatoes are draining, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, whole egg, egg yolk and hot sauce, if using. Stir in the Cheddar, blue cheese, parsley, dill, black pepper and scallions.
- Sprinkle the cornmeal over the bottom of the crust. Pat the tomato slices dry once again, then place a third of the tomatoes in the bottom of the pie crust, overlapping them slightly to fit. Top with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat with another layer of tomatoes and another layer of mayonnaise mixture. Place the remaining tomatoes on top, pressing the last layer gently into the mayonnaise mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and wrap just the edges of the crust with foil to avoid burning. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Bake until the mayonnaise mixture is puffed and golden brown and the center is no longer wobbly, about 30 minutes more. Let cool for 1 1/2 hours.
- Top with additional herbs, if desired, then slice and serve.
- Combine the flour, shortening, butter and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, gradually work it all together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the egg with a fork and add it to the mixture along with the vinegar. Add 5 tablespoons cold water. Stir until it comes together, adding another tablespoon or two of water if it needs the moisture.
- Form the mixture into 2 balls and wrap them in individual plastic bags. If using immediately, chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator before rolling out. If freezing, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before you are ready to use them.
FRESH TOMATO PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the pastry shell for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- Slice onion and place in the bottom of pastry shell. Slice tomatoes and arrange over onions. Add black pepper to taste.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella, parmesan and mayonnaise. Spread this mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Once cooked, garnish with fresh herbs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 14.5 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 305.6 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
EASY TOMATO PIE
This succulent, savory pie is loaded with tomatoes, Swiss cheese and cottage cheese, all accented with basil, parsley and onion flakes. You can enjoy this pie year round: use canned tomatoes and dried basil in the winter, but be sure to treat yourself to fresh in the summer!
Provided by sal
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, basil, parsley, onion flakes and cottage cheese. Spread tomatoes evenly across bottom of pastry shell, then sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until set in center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.7 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 75.5 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 710.5 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
Make and share this Tomato Pie recipe from Food.com.
Provided by seahorse73
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blind bake the pie crust, so it is not soggy.
- Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in 1 layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes or longer, if you don't the pie will fall apart.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil and onion in pie shell.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together.
- Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- To serve: cut into slices and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.9, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 34.5, Sodium 359.3, Carbohydrate 18.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 3.7, Protein 11.4
RUSTIC TOMATO PIE
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. , Place half of the tomatoes and half of the onions in crust. Combine mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, basil, salt and pepper; spread over tomatoes. Top with remaining onions and tomatoes. Fold crust edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving an 8-in. opening in the center. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese. Bake on a lower oven rack until until crust is golden and filling is bubbly, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 409mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE
Tomato slices are juicy and mix in well with the creamy/cheesy "custard" in this Southern-inspired tomato pie. The blind baking method helps keep the crust nice and crunchy on the bottom.
Provided by Jasmine
Categories Savory Pies
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Fit pie crust inside a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into the bottom and up the sides of the plate. Fold crust edges under; crimp as desired. Place a piece of parchment paper over crust in pie plate, leaving a 3-inch overhang. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove parchment paper and pie weights. Continue baking until crust is light golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices; arrange tomato slices in a single layer on paper towels. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt; let stand for 20 minutes. Pat tomato slices dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and cream cheese until combined and smooth. Fold in 1 1/4 cups Cheddar cheese, egg, flour, garlic, cayenne, black pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined.
- Spread half of the Cheddar mixture in the pie crust. Layer with 1/3 of the tomato slices in slightly overlapping circles. Repeat procedure with remaining Cheddar mixture and another third of tomato slices. Top with remaining tomato slices in slightly overlapping circles. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake pie in the preheated oven until filling is set and lightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes, tenting crust with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if needed. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with thinly sliced basil before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 377.4 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 65.2 mg, Fat 31.1 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 733.8 mg
More about "tomato pie recipes"
SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE RECIPE (TRULY THE BEST!) - OH SWEET …
TOMATO PIE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
THE BEST TOMATO PIE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST TOMATO PIE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PAULA DEEN: BAKED TOMATO PIE RECIPE - SERVES 10
OUR BEST TOMATO PIE RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY TOMATO PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE TOMATO PIE - THE …
5/5 (4)Total Time 3 hrsServings 6-8
- Tuck the edges of the crust under to be even with edge of the pie pan and press all around with the tines of a fork.
LEEK AND TOMATO PIE BEST RECIPES
ROASTED TOMATO PIE | RECIPEFUEL | RECIPES, MEAL PLANS, DIET AND …
HEIRLOOM TOMATO GALETTE - SKINNYTASTE
CAPRESE SUMMER TOMATO PIE
OLD-FASHIONED TOMATO PIE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
EASY SOUTHERN TOMATO PIE | RECIPE | RECIPES, TOMATO PIE, FOOD
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED TOMATO PIE WITH A CHEESY CRUST
TOMATO PIE RECIPE (NO SOGGY CRUST) » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
8 SOUTHERN TOMATO RECIPES THAT GO BEYOND FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #savory-pies #main-dish #side-dishes #vegetables #american #oven #dietary #one-dish-meal #tomatoes #taste-mood #savory #equipment
Tomato Pie Recipe1.5K views-08:12
Tomato Pie Recipe196 views-02:42
Tomato Pie Recipe2.7K views-19:51
Tomato Pie Recipe308 views-12:07
Tomato Pie Recipe2.7K views-15:12
You'll also love