TRUFFLE RISOTTO (LIDIA BASTIANICH)
Make and share this Truffle Risotto (Lidia Bastianich) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the water in a pot almost to boil; cover and keep it very hot on the stove, near the risotto pan.
- Add olive oil, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Stir well as the onion starts to heat and soften; stir frequently and cook until it is wilted and just starting to color, 8 minutes or so.
- Pour in the rice all at once, increase the heat, and stir the rice and onions continuously, toasting the grains (but not browning them), until they make a clicking sound as you turn them in the pan, 2 minutes or more.
- Pour in the wine, and keep stirring for another couple of minutes, all around the pan, until the moisture has evaporated and the rice is dry.
- Immediately ladle in 2 cups of the almost simmering water, enough to cover the rice, and decrease the heat.
- Cook, stirring steadily, until the water is almost totally absorbed, 4-6 minutes.
- Quickly ladle in more water to cover the rice, add another 1/2 teaspoon salt, and keep stirring, as the rice swells and releases its starches and a thick creamy suspension starts to form.
- Again, when the water is almost completely absorbed--and you can see the bottom of the saucepan as you stir--ladle in another cup or so of water.
- Remember how much water you add; after incorporating 6 cups (or a bit more) over a period of 15-19 minutes, taste the rice for texture and seasoning--add more salt and/or incorporate more hot water if needed.
- When the risotto is perfectly cooked--at once al dente and creamy--turn off the heat.
- Without delay, drop the butter pieces into the saucepan and stir vigorously to mount--or amalgamate--the risotto with butter.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup cheese.
- For each serving, spoon a mound of risotto into a warm pasta bowl, and immediately shave paper-thin flakes of truffle over the top.
- Serve right away, as the heat releases the aroma of truffle into the air, and dish up the next portion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.1, Fat 23.2, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 36.6, Sodium 569.5, Carbohydrate 60, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 2.7, Protein 6.8
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sweat for 3 minutes until vegetables are translucent and aromatic. Add rice and lightly toast in oil for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add liquid 1/3rd at a time stirring until each additional 1/3rd is absorbed. Once all liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and stir in Parmesan, parsley, and butter.
- Divide into 6 servings and top with shaved truffles.
LYDIA BASTIANICH'S CREAMY MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by Lonnie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Bring the stock to a bare simmer in a medium saucepan. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or large straight-sided skillet, and sauté the onion and shallots until golden. Add the mushrooms, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside. To the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and the rice. Cook and stir to coat the rice with oil, until toasted but not colored, about 3 minutes. Pour in the wine, and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. 2. Add ½ cup of the hot stock and the salt. (This step varies from Lidia's prep with me, where she salted each ingredient separately.) Cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue to add hot stock in small batches (just enough to moisten the rice completely), stirring constantly to help absorb the liquid, until the rice mixture is creamy and al dente. With the last addition of the stock, return the mushrooms to the pot, and stir and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the risotto from the heat, beat in the butter and then the cheese, season with pepper to taste, and serve immediately. 3. Porcini is the ideal mushroom for this recipe, but any mushroom or mixture of mushrooms will yield a delicious risotto.
RISOTTO WITH SPINACH (LIDIA BASTIANICH)
Make and share this Risotto With Spinach (Lidia Bastianich) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse and dry the spinach; slice the leaves, a handful at a time, into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Heat the water in a large pot almost to the boil.
- Cover, and keep it very hot on the stove, near the risotto pan.
- In a heavy 10-inch saucepan, add the olive oil, onions, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set it over medium heat, and stir well.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the onions are wilted and starting to color.
- Pour in the rice all at once, increase the heat, and stir continuously for about 2 minutes, until the rice grains are toasted (not browned) and make a clicking sound in the pan.
- Pour in the wine, and keep stirring, all around the pan, until it has evaporated and the rice is dry.
- Ladle in 2 cups of hot water, enough to cover the rice; cook for a minute or two, stirring, then pile the shredded spinach on top of the rice, and stir steadily as the spinach wilts and the rice gradually absorbs almost all of the moisture, 5 minutes or more.
- When you can see the bottom of the saucepan as you stir, ladle in more water to cover the rice, and stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, as the risotto develops its creamy suspension.
- Again, when the liquid is almost completely absorbed, ladle in another cup or so of water.
- After the risotto has cooked for 15-20 minutes and incorporated 6 cups of water, taste; add more salt or more hot water as needed.
- When done al dente and creamy, turn off the heat.
- Drop in the butter pieces, stir vigorously, then beat in about 1/2 cup of grated cheese, and grind black pepper generously on top.
- Serve immediately in warm pasta bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.5, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 515.5, Carbohydrate 34.5, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 2.9, Protein 4.2
RISOTTO WITH TRUFFLE AND PARMESAN
I created this recipe because there is nothing quite like creamy, savory rice. It is so delicious and filling, it can be a meal in itself! You do need to tend to the stove for 30 minutes for stirring, but it is definitely worth the effort. I used regular milk (not cream) and it was absolutely heavenly and creamy! Serve as soon as possible (as it turns like glue if held too long!)
Provided by blondie5for5
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat chicken broth in a stockpot over medium-low heat until warmed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan; cook and stir onion in the melted butter-oil mixture until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add rice to onion mixture and stir to coat; cook and stir rice mixture until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour wine into rice mixture; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add 1 ladle of hot chicken broth to rice mixture, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed. Continue adding 1 ladle of broth at a time until rice is tender but firm to the bite, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons butter, truffle oil, Parmesan cheese, and milk into risotto until fully incorporated; season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 498.1 calories, Carbohydrate 60.5 g, Cholesterol 33.8 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 1126.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
People also searched
More about "truffle risotto lidia bastianich recipes"
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S RISOTTO ALLA MILANESE RECIPE - TODAY
3.8/5 (7)Category Entrées
- 1. Warm the stock in a medium saucepan over low heat. Put the saffron in a small bowl and ladle 1/2 cup hot stock over it. Heat a shallow Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and shallots, and cook, stirring, until tender and almost golden, about 8 minutes. Add the rice and toss to coat in the oil. Cook until the edges of the rice are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour in the wine. Cook and stir until absorbed. Ladle in enough stock just to cover the rice. Adjust the heat so the risotto is simmering, and cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 3. Continue to add hot stock in small batches (just enough to moisten the rice completely) and cook until each successive batch has been absorbed, stirring constantly, until the rice mixture is creamy but still al dente, about 18 minutes total. Add the saffron and soaking liquid about 10 minutes after you start simmering the rice. Season with salt. Stir in the marrow, if using. Off heat, beat in the butter in teaspoon-size pieces, a few at a time until incorporated, add the grated cheese and mix until creamy, and serve immediately in shallow bowls.
TRUFFLE TIPS FROM LIDIA BASTIANICH - THEDAILYMEAL.COM
LIDIA'S ITALY: RECIPES: TRUFFLE RISOTTO | LIDIA'S RECIPES, RECIPES ...
LIDIA BASTIANICH COOKING RISOTTO TO SUPPORT THE DUOMO DI MILANO
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S BREAKFAST RISOTTO || CARA DI FALCO || CARA'S CUCINA ...
TRUFFLE RISOTTO | COOKING RECIPES, RECIPES, LIDIA'S RECIPES
TRUFFLE RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPE: LIDIA BASTIANICH'S TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
BREAKFAST RISOTTO - LIDIA - LIDIA BASTIANICH
RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS - LIDIA BASTIANICH
RISOTTO BASICS - LIDIA BASTIANICH
LIDIA BASTIANICH | CHEFS | PBS FOOD
LIDIA BASTIANICH - YOUTUBE
RISOTTO MILANESE - LIDIA BASTIANICH
RECIPE: LIDIA BASTIANICH’S STUFFED PEPPERS - BEST RECIPES EVER
LIDIA BASTIANICH’S BASIC RISOTTO AND THE SHRIMP AND LEEK VARIATION
LIDIA BASTIANICH RISOTTO CON PORCINI | LONG ISLAND WEEKLY
GARLIC RISOTTO - LIDIA - LIDIA BASTIANICH
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S BREAKFAST RISOTTO — CARADIFALCO.COM
TRUFFLE RISOTTO - DELALLO
A RISOTTO MASTERCLASS WITH LIDIA BASTIANICH - HOW TO - YOUTUBE
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S FAVORITE COMFORT-FOOD RECIPES - TODAY
LIDIA'S MASTER CLASS: RISOTTO BASICS - YOUTUBE
LIDIA BASTIANICH - RISOTTO | LIDIA BASTIANICH, PICKLED VEGETABLES ...
LIDIA BRINGS HOME HER SECRETS TO MAKING PERFECT RISOTTO - INQUIRER
RECIPE: LIDIA BASTIANICH’S TAGLIATELLE WITH PORCINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
ARBORIO RICE RECIPES RISOTTO LIDIA - THERESCIPES.INFO
LIDIA BASTIANICH REMEMBERS COOKING RISOTTO FOR JULIA - PBS FOOD
PASTA & RISOTTO WITH LIDIA BASTIANICH | SEASON 1 EPISODE 4 | JULIA ...
LIDIA BASTIANICH COOKS FOR POPE FRANCIS | PBS FOOD
LIDIA BASTIANICH | CHEF DU JOUR | FOOD NETWORK
GARLIC RISOTTO - LIDIA | RECIPES, LIDIA'S RECIPES, COOKING
190 LATEST LIDIA BASTIANICH IDEAS | LIDIA BASTIANICH, ITALIAN RECIPES ...
MUSHROOM RISOTTO RECIPE LIDIA BASTIANICH - DIELLE GARCIA
Risotto with Mushrooms Recipe - Lidia’s Kitchen Series40K views-07:43
Lidia's Master Class: Risotto Basics22K views-00:24
Fried Risotto Recipe - Lidia’s Kitchen Series50K views-07:54
Barley, Kale and Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe - Lidia’s Kitchen Series359K views-06:41
Clam & Scallion Risotto Recipe - Lidia's Kitchen Series289K views-14:57
Creamy Risotto with Wild Mushrooms (Wild Rice Risotto) by Lidia Bastianich66K views-08:15
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook risotto with cheese?Stir in half the grated cheese, taste the risotto, and add salt, if necessary, and pepper. Always ladle risotto into warm, shallow bowls and serve immediately after finishing. Either top separately. heat. Add 2 cloves garlic, sliced, and shake the pan until the garlic is lightly browned.
What is risotto milanese?Risotto Milanese is a sacred risotto in Milan, and, as much as chefs generally like to change and create, with this recipe Italian chefs usually stick to tradition. It can be served by itself or with ossobuco.
What is the texture of a risotto?(The texture of a properly cooked risotto is creamy, with each grain of rice separate and al dente. To achieve that, you are actually coaxing the starch gently out of the grains of rice.
What to do with leftover risotto?In a large bowl, combine the leftover risotto with the zucchini, grated cheese, egg, parsley, and 2 tablespoons chives. Form into six 1-inch-thick patties, and let them chill for 30 minutes. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate, and press the patties into the crumbs to coat.