TUNA RISOTTO FROM THE PANTRY
It's amazing how close you can get to the flavor of a Venetian seafood risotto using ingredients in your pantry.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Drain the tuna over a bowl. Stir the tuna water into the chicken or vegetable stock. Taste and add more salt as needed for a well-seasoned stock. Break up the tuna in a bowl, and add to it 1 of the garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the parsley. Set aside.
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a saucepan and turn the heat to low.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a large nonstick frying pan or wide saucepan and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes, and add the remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, for about a minute, until the garlic is fragrant, and stir in the anchovies and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until the tomatoes have cooked down and the mixture is fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until the grains of rice are separate and well coated with the tomato mixture, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. The wine should bubble, but not too quickly. You want some of the flavor to cook into the rice before it evaporates. When the wine has just about evaporated, rub the saffron between your fingertips and stir in, along with a ladleful or two of the simmering stock, enough to just cover the rice. The stock should bubble slowly. Cook, stirring often and vigorously, until it is just about absorbed. Add another ladleful of the stock and continue to cook in this fashion, not too fast and not too slowly, adding more stock when the rice is almost dry, for 20 to 25 minutes. Taste a bit of the rice. It should taste chewy but not hard in the middle. Definitely not soft like steamed rice. If it is still hard in the middle, you need to keep adding stock and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Taste and adjust salt.
- When the rice is cooked al dente, stir in the tuna mixture and peas and add another ladleful or two of stock and several twists of the peppermill. Stir for a couple of minutes, taste and adjust seasonings. The mixture should be creamy. Add a little more stock if it is not. Spoon onto plates or wide soup bowls and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 463, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 1181 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
TUNA STEAK WITH RISOTTO
Make and share this Tuna Steak With Risotto recipe from Food.com.
Provided by abigler_06
Yield 4 tuna steaks, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Add rice to onion mixture and coat rice with mix.
- On a lower heat, add ½ cup broth and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Stir constantly and add another ½ cup of broth.
- Repeat with ½ cup broth, ½ cup water until rice is tender but not mushy. It should be done slowly, and not all liquid needs to be used.
- Stir in cheese.
- Baste tuna in Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak.
- On high heat, add oil or spray to a saute pan and wait for it to heat.
- Sear the tuna on each side for only 1-2 minutes. Tuna steaks should be eaten with pink in the middle and should not be over cooked.
- Serve with lemon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.4, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 4.8, Cholesterol 24.2, Sodium 576.9, Carbohydrate 18.7, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 2.5, Protein 8.6
BAKED RISOTTO WITH TUNA
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Place a large (about 12-cup) ovenproof dish over medium heat, about 1 minute. Add in the olive oil, the onion, garlic and sea salt. Saute until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice to the dish and stir for another minute or until the rice is lightly coated in oil and light gold in color.
- Add the stock and the tomatoes to the dish. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Stir in the tuna, zucchini, and season with the black pepper, to taste. Cover the dish, with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake until the rice is tender and cooked through, about 30 minutes. Scatter the parsley over the top of the risotto and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, before serving.
People also searched
More about "tuna steak with risotto recipes"
SPRING RISOTTO WITH SEARED TUNA – CRUNCHY SALTY SWEET
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
AN EASY TUNA RISOTTO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.6/5 (14)Total Time 40 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 281 per serving
TUNA RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
SEARED TUNA ON SPICY RISOTTO - BEST RECIPES UK
RECIPE: HARISSA TUNA WITH POMEGRANATE AND CUCUMBER SALSA
STEAK AND RISOTTO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TUNA STEAK RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
TUNA STEAKS, TOMATO RISOTTO WITH BROCCOLI | CHEF READER
STEAK RISOTTO RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SEARED TUNA STEAK WITH SPICY RISOTTO | WORLD CUISINE RECIPES
TUNA STEAKS WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
ROAST TOMATO AND SPRING ONION RISOTTO RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS WITH RISOTTO – EASY COOKING
RISOTTO AND TUNA STEAK RECIPES (5) - SUPERCOOK
PERFECT TUNA STEAK RECIPE – A COUPLE COOKS
17 BEST TUNA STEAK RECIPES FOR FISH LOVERS - INSANELY GOOD
SEARED TUNA STEAK WITH SPICY RISOTTO - GLOBAL WORLD RECIPES
How to Cook Tuna Steak | Jamie Oliver5.5M views-04:53
How to make Tuna Risotto1.7K views-02:38
Cooking With Val: Blackened Seared Tuna with Mushroom Risotto!2.6K views-13:08
Cheater's Tuna Risotto | One Pot Chef22K views-03:22
How to make Risotto Recipe - Italian Rice68K views-13:16
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tuna steak on the stove?Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the tuna steak and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned on the outside but still rare the inside. The tuna will continue cooking while sitting.
Where can I buy tuna risotto?You can find this product online and in some large grocery stores. The tuna is very mild and has the most wonderful texture. As with all risotto, the amount of liquid you add depends on how firm or liquid you like your risotto, as well as the age and dryness of the rice.
What is the best way to cook Tuna fillets?Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and then 6 tablespoons of the oil. Coat the tuna with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill or broil the tuna for 4 minutes.
How do you cook tuna and rice together?Taste and adjust salt. When the rice is cooked al dente, stir in the tuna mixture and peas and add another ladleful or two of stock and several twists of the peppermill. Stir for a couple of minutes, taste and adjust seasonings.