TURKEY PATTY MELT
Here is a wonderful sandwich that I came across on the food network.com website.... We love fixing sandwiches in the summer and eating them with a small salad for lunch..... I hope you enjoy this as well....
Provided by gertc96
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, season with some salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Put in a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and add another tablespoon of oil.
- Season the turkey patties with salt and pepper, and cook in the remaining oil until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. Wipe out the pan.
- Divide the onions among 4 bread slices, and top with a slice of cheese, a patty, another slice of cheese, and a slice of bread.
- Spread the top and bottom of the sandwiches with some butter.
- Heat the cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the sandwiches, in batches if needed, turning once, until lightly browned and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side.
- Halve the sandwiches and serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.
TURKEY PATTY MELT
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, season with some salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 7 minutes. Put in a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and add another tablespoon of oil. Season the turkey patties with salt and pepper, and cook in the remaining oil until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. Wipe out the pan.
- Divide the onions among 4 bread slices, and top with a slice of cheese, a patty, another slice of cheese, and a slice of bread. Spread the top and bottom of the sandwiches with some butter. Heat the cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook the sandwiches, in batches if needed, turning once, until lightly browned and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes per side. Halve the sandwiches and serve with cranberry sauce, if desired.
DOUBLE DECKER TURKEY PATTY MELT
I like this burger because it's tasty and somewhat spicy but is also lighter because it's made with turkey. While I love all kinds of burgers, two thinner patties sandwiched on bread is a favorite of mine. I like biting through all the layers. If you want something smaller, make 8 individual, single-layer burgers instead.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For the spicy mayonnaise: Whisk together the mayonnaise and pickle juice in a small bowl. Add the sriracha, a little at a time, adding more to your taste.
- For the pickle mix: Stir together the chopped pickles and grainy mustard. Set aside.
- For the burgers: Put the meat in a large bowl and spread it all over the bottom and a little up the sides. This will help distribute the seasoning evenly throughout the meat. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Test the seasoning by taking a tiny piece of the meat mixture and forming it into a patty. Set a small skillet over medium heat, add a touch of oil and sear the patty on each side. Let cool slightly and taste. If it needs more salt and pepper, add it to the raw mixture. Repeat the test as needed.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal patties (3 ounces each) and roll each into a ball. Place the balls on a clean surface and use the palm of your hand to gently flatten to 3/4-inch thick and 2 to 3 inches in diameter. Alternatively, use a round cookie cutter to mold the burgers into uniform "rounds" by pressing the meat into the mold and making the burgers one by one. Make an indent in the middle of each patty (as the meat cooks the center of the patty will puff up; this will keep the thickness even).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat and add just enough canola oil to coat the bottom. When the oil begins to smoke lightly, add the burgers in a single layer with space in between each, cooking in batches if needed. Press the patties down with a metal spatula so they are fairly thin and cook, undisturbed, until the edges brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip using a metal spatula and place a slice of cheese on top of each to melt as the burgers finish cooking. Cook to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Place the bun halves on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until light brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Place a dollop of spicy mayonnaise on the bottom halves but don't spread it around. Top with the hamburgers followed by pickle mix, more spicy mayo, and another hamburger. Finish with more pickle mix, spicy mayo and the top buns. Serve immediately.
TURKEY PATTY MELT
A big ole pile of Jeff'sButter-Garlic Oven Fries with Herbs is an easy and tasty accompaniment to the patty melt.
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the turkey patties: In a large bowl, combine the turkey, ricotta, sage, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Divide into 4 equal patties and press them into 1/4-inch-thin rounds.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the canola oil and sear the patties on the first side until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through.
- For the sandwich build: Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each piece of bread, then a turkey burger, followed by about 1/4 cup Caramelized Onions. Place the top piece of bread on and then butter each side of the sandwich.
- Griddle each side over medium heat until golden, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. If you have a metal bowl, cover the sandwiches so they steam a bit and the cheese will melt faster. Serve with good ol' yellow mustard if you like and a big pile of oven fries.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil, let the butter mel,t and then add in the onions and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then cover the pot and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Let the onions sweat, steam and soften for 10 to 15 minutes. Uncover the pan and let the onions cook for about an hour, checking on the onions frequently and stirring.
- Once the onions are fully caramelized, and a deep golden color, add the sherry and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the thyme, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
TURKEY BURGER PATTY MELTS
Provided by Guy Fieri Bio & Top Recipes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, add the panko, milk, egg, sage, thyme and salt and pepper. Combine and let sit for a few minutes. Add in the turkey and combine well. Form into oblong patties (same size as the rye bread) Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, in a large saute pan, heat 1/4 cup of the butter and 1 Tablespoon canola oil. Add onions and saute 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely caramelized. Set aside, but keep warm.
- In the same pan as the onions sauteed, add 3 tablespoons canola oil and the mushrooms and saute 6-8 minutes over medium high heat until softened. Set aside, but keep warm.
- Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet to medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon canola oil and spread evenly. Add in the turkey burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Butter the rye bread and add to the pan, place the gruyere on bread, then place the turkey burgers on the cheese, pile with onions and the other piece of rye, repeat for all four burgers. After 2 to 3 minutes, turn sandwich over carefully and brown on other side. Remove to cutting board and cut on the diagonal. Serve with mustard and hot cherry peppers.
GRILLED TURKEY PATTY MELT
Make and share this Grilled Turkey Patty Melt recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Kana K.
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For the Burgers:.
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into patties on a plate.
- Cover with cling wrap and refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
- (this will keep the burgers from breaking apart on the grill).
- Grill onions for relish first:.
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush onions on both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and thyme in a medium bowl. Whisk in 1/4 cup of olive oil until emulsified. Add the onions and stir until combined.
- Let stand at room temperature until ready to use.
- Grilling turkey burgers:.
- With grill on high brush burgers with olive oil.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-well doneness (the burger will continue to cook when placed back on the grill in the next step).
- Turn grill down to medium.
- Place the bread on a flat surface.
- Top each slice with a slice of cheese and a few tablespoons of Grilled Onion Relish. Place a burger on top and then top the burger with the remaining slice of bread. Brush the top of the bread with the oil and place the burgers carefully on the grill, oiled side down, and press down slightly on the sandwich with a metal spatula.
- Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, then brush the top slice of bread with oil, flip over, press the top with the spatula and cook until that side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.1, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 156.1, Sodium 1603.6, Carbohydrate 39.7, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 4.5, Protein 54.2
TURKEY PATTY MELTS
Enjoy these turkey sandwiches topped with patty and sprinkled with cheese that are ready in 30 minutes - perfect for a dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove vegetables from skillet; keep warm.
- Mix turkey, chili sauce and garlic powder. Shape mixture into 4 patties, each 5 inches in diameter. Cook patties in skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until turkey is no longer pink in center.
- Top each patty with about 1/4 cup of the vegetables; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise on each slice toast. Top each with patty.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Sandwich, Sodium 520 mg
People also searched
More about "turkey patty melt recipes"
TURKEY PATTY MELT RECIPE (JUST 6 INGREDIENTS!) - MY …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 755 per serving
- Prepare caramelized onions: thinly slice onions in half moon shapes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small pan over medium heat. When butter sizzles, add onions to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or longer. If they start burning or turning black, turn down the heat.
- Meanwhile, prep burgers: divide meat into 4 patties. Lightly form into patty shape, making an indent with fingers in the middle of the burger. Salt and pepper both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, more if needed. *Note, this is the amount for all 4 burgers!
- Cook burgers: heat remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in grill pan over medium heat. When it sizzles, add burgers and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side. (Or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.) When burgers are done cooking, top with slice of swiss cheese.
OPEN-FACED TURKEY PATTY MELT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TURKEY PATTY MELTS - GREATIST
TURKEY BURGER PATTY MELT RECIPE | THE LEAF
TURKEY PATTY MELT RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST TURKEY BURGER PATTY MELTS RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
TURKEY PATTY MELT RECIPE - KUDOS KITCHEN BY RENEE
TURKEY PATTY MELT SANDWICH - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
TURKEY PATTY MELT – RECIPES NETWORK
TURKEY MELT BEST RECIPES
EASY PATTY MELT RECIPE WITH GROUND TURKEY - THE ANTHONY …
TURKEY PATTY MELT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TURKEY PATTY MELT RECIPE - NATIONAL TURKEY FEDERATION
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #poultry #turkey #dietary #sandwiches #meat
Turkey Burger Patty Melt Recipe935 views-10:01
Wild Turkey Melt - Killin' it in the Kitchen1.3K views-02:03
Pimento Cheese Patty Melt Recipe16K views-06:23
Making The Whataburger Patty Melt At Home | But Better2M views-12:39
Turkey Burger - Patty Melt Sandwich382 views-08:02
Classic Turkey Melt3.2K views-07:22
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a Turkey patty melt?This turkey patty melt sandwich is a healthier version of the diner classic and is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner the whole family will love! Heat butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes, until very tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
How long to cook Turkey patties in a skillet?Wipe out the skillet and add another tablespoon of oil. Season the turkey patties with salt and pepper, and cook in the remaining oil until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet.
What is the best way to make ground turkey burgers?Combine ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture into 4 even parts and make large, thin patties (you want to try and get them about the size of your bread). Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt the butter.
How long do you cook turkey burgers on a griddle?Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet to medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon canola oil and spread evenly. Add in the turkey burgers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side.