VEGAN PECAN PIE
This vegan pecan pie is flavored with coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk, while tapioca flour takes on the role of thickener, replacing eggs.
Provided by Petra Paredez
Yield Makes one 9-inch (23-cm) pie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk so that the starch is evenly dispersed, then whisk in the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup and whisk thoroughly, followed by the almond milk and vanilla.
- Place the pie dish with bottom crust on a baking sheet. Pour in the filling, making sure to scrape the entire contents from the sides of the bowl into the pie. Sprinkle the pecans over the top or arrange the nuts in concentric circles if you'd like an especially elegant presentation. Bake the pie for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake for 40 minutes more. The filling should be thick and bubbling at the edges.
- Transfer the pie to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature before serving. The pie will keep for up to 1 week at room temperature.
VEGAN PECAN PIE
Enjoy this magnificent vegan version of pecan pie. With all the flavours of the classic American dessert, it's a crowdpleasing treat for all
Provided by Ailsa Brown
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Roll the pastry out slightly on its baking parchment so it fits a 23cm tart tin. Flip over into the tin using the parchment to help you, then remove the parchment and press the pastry into the base and up the side of the tin. Trim the excess slightly, but leave some overhanging. Slide the tin onto a baking sheet.
- Scrunch up the used sheet of parchment and use it to line the pastry case, then fill with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 15-20 mins, then remove the beans or rice and the parchment, and bake for another 5-10 mins until the pastry is sandy to the touch and golden. Cut away the excess pastry with a serrated knife.
- Melt the maple syrup, brown sugar and baking block together in a saucepan over a medium heat. Whisk in the cornflour until fully incorporated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Tip the tofu, rum (if using), vanilla and a large pinch of salt into a blender and blitz until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the maple syrup mixture and blend again to combine, then pour into a bowl and stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case and decorate the top with the whole pecans. Bake for 25 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Bake for 30 mins more until the top is set and dark golden brown. Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting into slices to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529 calories, Fat 37 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 41 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 25 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.38 milligram of sodium
VEGAN PECAN PIE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Poke the pie crust all over with the tines of a fork and pre-bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven to a rack. In a medium saucepan combine either the water and sugar mixture OR the maple syrup with the second 3/4 c. water. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Add the salt and the dissolved cornstarch, whisking vigorously. Stir and cook over high heat just until the mixture thickens and is clear. Remove from heat and stir in the margarine and vanilla-stir til the margarine is melted. The mixture will still be fairly liquid. Pour this into the pre-baked pie shell. Arrange the pecan halves on top, pressing them down into the mixture a little. Place the pie in the middle of the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. Bake 30 minutes. The filling will still be "jiggly"-don't worry; it will set as it cools. Cool on a rack for about 1 and 1/2 hours, then refrigerate until thoroughly cooled and set. Serve with vanilla non-dairy "ice cream" such as Tofutti, Soy Delicious or Soy Dream. Crust Directions: Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Mix together until a ball forms. Cut in half for top and bottom. Roll out first between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Put in pan. add filling of your choice. Roll out top and add and finish. Put in oven for 8 min. Then, Turn oven down to 250 degrees for 1 hour. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
BRYANNA'S VEGAN PECAN PIE
From Byranna Grogan's recipes. I do need to note this will NOT taste like non Vegan pecan pie. If you are seeking that taste the only way to get it is to make a non Vegan pie.
Provided by That is Dr House to
Yield 9 inch pie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- NOTE: Use the white beet sugar/cane sugar AND the brown sugar/sucanat. it is NOT an OR. Use both white sugar and brown sugar.
- If you wish to try the maple syrup version of this I suggest googling Bryanna Grogan and Pecan pie. Do not sub arrowroot or kuzu.
- Mix the cornstarch with the 4 1/2 T water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Bake your crust for 3 minutes. Remove to rack.
- Combine water and sugars. Boil for 5 minutes. Add salt and dissolved cornstarch and whisk rapidly.
- Stir and cook over high heat until just thickened and clear. Remove from heat and add margarine and vanilla. Stir until melted. It will be liquidish.
- Pour into shell. Place pecan halves on top and press down a little into the mix. Place in middle of oven at 350°F Bake 30 minutes. It will be jiggly. It should set as it cools. Cool for at least 1 1/2 hours on rack then refrigerate until completely cooled and set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206, Fat 11.9, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 33.6, Carbohydrate 25.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 18.5, Protein 1.6
People also searched
More about "vegan pecan pie recipes"
VEGAN PECAN PIE - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
5/5 (17)Category Baking, SweetsCuisine AmericanCalories 328 per serving
- Add the salt and chopped coconut oil and cut it into the flour with two knifes. Here is a handy guide to making shortcurst pastry that I follow. Once the mixture is uniform and there are no large lumps left (to check, shake the bowl lightly, they will come to the surface), rub the small bits of oil into the flour with your fingers until there are no lumps left. Yes, I know, it does take some time! Finally trickle in cold water and mix it into the flour mixture with a cutlery knife.
- Add the water very gradually as too much will make the pastry tough. To check if more water is needed, grab a handful of mixed dough with your hands, if it is very dry, add a tiny bit more water, mix it in and check again.
- Once the dough is the right consistency, form it into a flattened ball quickly - handle the dough as little as possible, wrap it in cling film and chill for 60 minutes.
THE BEST VEGAN PECAN PIE RECIPE | JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
Ratings 10Category Dessert, DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove and let cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Place the vegan butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for at least 45 seconds. Remove and whisk the cornstarch in until it’s completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, add all the pie ingredients except the pecans. Whisk together well until all incorporated.
VEGAN PECAN PIE - LOVING IT VEGAN
5/5 (20)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Baking, DessertCalories 621 per serving
VEGAN PECAN PIE RECIPE | EASY VEGAN THANKSGIVING RECIPE
VEGAN PECAN PIE (GLUTEN FREE THANKSGIVING DESSERT RECIPE)
GLUTEN-FREE PECAN PIE (VEGAN RECIPE) - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
THIS PALEO, VEGAN PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE IS SURPRISINGLY LOW IN SUGAR
VEGAN PECAN PIE (NO CORN SYRUP!) - WOW, IT'S VEGGIE?!
PECAN PIE RECIPES - 2 RECIPES | NIFTYRECIPE.COM
PECAN PIE BARS (VEGAN + GF) - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
VEGAN PECAN PIE FROM THE CHEF AT MILLENNIUM RESTAURANT
VEGAN PECAN PIE - SIMPLE GREEN RECIPES
VEGAN PECAN PIE - SCHOOL NIGHT VEGAN
VEGAN PECAN PIE FROM PIE FOR EVERYONE: RECIPES AND STORIES FROM …
6 BEST VEGAN PECAN PIE RECIPES FOR YOUR KIDS IN 2022
VEGAN PECAN PIE - EASY AS COOKIES
VEGAN PECAN PIE (WITH NO CORN SYRUP!) - DETOXINISTA
THE BEST VEGAN PECAN PIE RECIPE - NAMELY MARLY
VEGAN THANKSGIVING DINNER 2022 (MENU + RECIPES)
VEGAN PECAN PIE - TWO SPOONS
Vegan Pecan Pie Recipe | Easy Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe | Homemade Vegan Pie | The Edgy Veg52K views-05:09
MINI PECAN PIE | no bake, vegan recipe147K views-09:59
Vegan Pecan Pie | Easy Holiday Recipe | ARICA SKY28K views-08:03
Pecan Pie Energy Bites - Easy, Vegan, Gluten-Free and Tastes Like Pie! - Food Wishes120K views-07:20
Gluten-Free, Vegan Pecan Pie | Favorite Healthy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe9.2K views-13:19
Vegan Pecan Pie | No corn syrup!3.5K views-02:24
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make a vegan chocolate pecan pie?You can add about 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips to make a vegan chocolate pecan pie! A lot of Thanksgiving day pies, even when they’re vegetarian, are made with eggs and we vegans choose not to cook with eggs. What I’ve learned since going vegan is how unnecessary eggs are for so many recipes. It’s even easier to cook without eggs.
How do you make a pecan pie with pecans?Add the maple syrup mixture and blend again to combine, then pour into a bowl and stir in the chopped pecans. Pour the filling into the pastry case and decorate the top with the whole pecans. Bake for 25 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
Can you make pecan pie without eggs?A recipe for pecan pie without eggs was the most popular answer. I have to admit…I agree. Pecan pies have always been one of my favorites but my goal was to make a pecan pie vegan and easy to make, too. Is Pecan Pie Vegan? A typical pecan pie is not vegan because the filling is made with eggs, and oftentimes, the crust will be made with lard.
What is vegan pea pie made of?This Vegan Pecan Pie is the perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas and Holiday dessert that is gluten free, dairy-free, plant-based and corn syrup free! In a food processor, add the flour, salt, sugar, and butter and pulse until it reaches pea-like pieces.