SPAGHETTI PIE I
- Cook spaghetti in water with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon oil until tender but still firm. Drain. Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Mix and shape into a crust in a greased 10-inch pie plate or springform pan.
- Spread cottage cheese over crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is thoroughly browned. Mix in tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and garlic powder. Spread mixture over cottage cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 524.5 calories, Carbohydrate 31.9 g, Cholesterol 144.5 mg, Fat 30.9 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 29.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 1587.3 mg, Sugar 7 g
A classic Italian combination is remade into a creamy, family-pleasing spaghetti pie. This recipe was given to me several years ago. My family never grows tired of it. - Ellen Thompson, Springfield, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente; drain., In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings and sugar., In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, melted butter and Parmesan cheese until blended. Add spaghetti and toss to coat. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese onto bottom; top with beef mixture. , Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 690mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PENNY'S LEFTOVER SPAGHETTI PIE
Leftover sauce and spaghetti? No problem! Nobody complains about leftovers in my house. This will not last! I use the pre-shredded Italian cheese mix from the grocery for an easy prep.
Provided by Penny Stettinius
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish with olive oil.
- Toss the pasta with 2 beaten aggs and the 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the pasta in the casserole evenly.
- Spread the sauce evenly on top of the noodles.
- Top with the Parmesan and sprinkle with the dried herbs.
- Place the casserole on a baking sheet if it's in danger of bubbling over the top.
- Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until the dish is hot and bubbling and Parmesan is slightly browning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a bowl and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Combine the eggs and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add mixture to the spaghetti and mix.
- Place the spaghetti mixture into a greased deep-dish pie plate and spread to make a "pie crust".
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the ground turkey, salt, garlic and onion powder for 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the meat and stir to combine.
- In a bowl stir the Ricotta cheese, the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs to combine.
- Spread the Ricotta/Parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta, then layer the marinara mixture and finally, top with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Place dish on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into wedges and serve.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 36
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and spaghetti and stir to combine. Return to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain spaghetti in colander. Return to the pot and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish with the remaining olive oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the spaghetti, pasta sauce, bell pepper, garlic, Essence, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and mozzarella and toss to mix well. If desired, also add chopped black olives and mushrooms, and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Transfer the spaghetti mixture to the prepared dish and pour the egg mixture over the top. Arrange the sliced pepperoni in an even layer over the top, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown on top, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a medium, heavy pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, salt, basil, oregano and black pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and squeeze to break into small pieces. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and sugar to the pot and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally with a heavy wooden spoon.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
VINNY'S SPAGHETTI PIE - SARA'S SECRETS
I saw this being made on Sara's Secrets. I have made some modifications to the pie as I thought the pie was bit dry without the extra toppings. I make extra spaghetti so I have leftovers to make this pie.
Provided by bmcnichol
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk together the milk, Parmesan, salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a little olive oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the leftover spaghetti; pour egg mixture over top, and cook, without stirring, until the bottom is browned, about 5 minutes.
- To flip the pie, set a plate the size of the skillet on top. Invert the skillet so the pie falls on to the plate. Invert the pie onto another plate, cooked-side up. Return the skillet to the medium-high heat, add a little more oil, and slip in the pie. Continue cooking until the bottom is browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Add spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese to pie and cover with lid. Heat until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pie to a plate, cut into wedges, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.6, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 221.3, Sodium 471.9, Carbohydrate 19.8, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.8, Protein 13
People also searched
More about "vinnys spaghetti pie recipes"
EASY SPAGHETTI PIE - RECIPE GIRL
GAIL SIMMONS' EPIC SPAGHETTI PIE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
SPAGHETTI PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
MINNIE’S SKINNY SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - 3 BOYS AND A DOG
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE CASSEROLE RECIPE - JULIE'S EATS
SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS RECIPE FROM VINNY …
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS PANTRY | EASY PASTA …
CARNATION® | SPAGHETTI PIE
JON & VINNY'S SPAGHETTI POMODORO - LEO EDIT
LEFTOVER SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SPAGHETTI PIE (FAMILY FAVORITE!) - GONNA WANT SECONDS
BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE | LIL' LUNA
SPAGHETTI PIE | WEELICIOUS
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE (1974) - CLICK AMERICANA
VINNY’S SPECIALTIES | VINNY'S ITALIAN GRILL
SPAGHETTI PIE - GINNY'S RECIPES & TIPS
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - BALANCING MOTHERHOOD
EASY SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SPAGHETTI PIE WITHOUT RICOTTA - KIMVERSATIONS
EASY SPAGHETTI PIE - EASYDINNERRECIPES.COM
VINNY’S SPAGHETTI PIE – RECIPES NETWORK
VINNY’S GRAVY – RECIPES NETWORK
VINNY'S SPAGHETTI PIE | RECIPE | CRANBERRY MERINGUE PIE, LEMON …
TERRONI'S SPAGHETTI AL LIMONE - LEO EDIT
DAD'S BUCATINI PIE RECIPE - VINNY DOTOLO
RECIPE FOR GRANDMA VINNY'S SAUCE - HINDS JERSEY FARM
SPAGHETTI PIE - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
VINNY'S SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
EASY HOMEMADE BAKED SPAGHETTI PIE - MY 3 LITTLE KITTENS
VINNY'S PIZZA DOUGH - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SPAGHETTI PIE | THE DINNER BELL
SPAGHETTI PIE : RECIPES
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE WITH TOMATO MEAT FILLING AND RICOTTA
34 JON AND VINNY RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, FOOD, PETIT TROIS - PINTEREST
SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPE: CHEESY BAKED SPAGHETTI - UNO CASA
MARK AND VINNY’S SPAGHETTI - UBER EATS
VINNYS SPAGHETTI PIE RECIPES
5 Pro Chefs Make Their 5-Ingredient Pasta Recipes | Test Kitchen Talks | Bon Appétit884K views-18:59
Love & Best Dishes: Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe42K views-09:52
How To Make THE BEST Baked Spaghetti | Easy & Cheesy Spaghetti Recipe #MrMakeItHappen787K views-08:24
Rigatoni Pie | Food Network21K views-00:41
Our 5 Favorite Pasta Recipes from Ina Garten | Barefoot Contessa | Food Network1.4M views-19:55
You'll also love