ASIAN-STYLE POACHED CHICKEN
Use the flavorful shredded chicken in soups, sandwiches and salads. You can freeze the chicken stock in airtight containers for up to 3 months. Thaw it to use in anything from flavored soup bases to fragrant noodle dishes. It's also perfect for poaching chicken breasts in for extra-tasty salads, sandwiches and rolls.
Provided by Donna Hay
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the green onion, brown onion, chiles, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken, breast-side down. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and allow to cool slightly. Shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones, and set aside.
- Strain the stock into a large heatproof bowl, discarding the solids. Allow to cool. Skim any excess fat from the surface.
CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN & RICE
A healthy Asian-inspired dish ideal for an easy dinner. Use the leftovers to make our cold chicken noodle salad for the next day.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Put the sliced ginger, the garlic, peppercorns and half the soy in a large pan with the chicken legs. Add enough water to cover, and season with a little salt. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low simmer, put on the lid and poach for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and add the sesame oil and spring onions. Soften for 1 min, then remove from the heat and stir in the grated ginger and remaining soy sauce to make a relish.
- When the chicken is ready, remove from the pan, set aside 4 of the legs and chill for tomorrow. Add the pak choi to the poaching liquid and cook for 3-4 mins. Strain the poaching liquid to remove the ginger, garlic and peppercorns, reserving the liquid. Pull the skin from the remaining 4 chicken legs and discard. Tear the meat into thick pieces. Serve in bowls with rice, the pak choi, a ladle of the hot chicken broth, the spring onion relish and extra soy sauce, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
More about "asian style poached chicken recipes"
CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN IN 2 STYLES - THE EASIEST WAY TO …
Reviews 1Category Main CourseCuisine ChineseTotal Time 35 mins
- Fill cold water in a pot, put in 2 pieces of chicken thighs and 2-3 ginger slices, and 2 stalks of scallion.
- After turning off the heat, do not take off the lid, let the chicken thighs sit in the soup for two more minutes.
- Prepare a bowl of iced water, take the chicken thighs out of the pot. Give them a cold bath in the ice water for 20 -40 minutes, until completely cool.
CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH STAR ANISE RECIPE
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, the 5 scallions, the smashed ginger, the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, star anise, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the sherry and chicken and bring back to a simmer over moderately low heat, covered. Turn the chicken and simmer, covered, until the chicken is just done, about 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken, carrots, and star anise to large shallow bowls. Strain the broth and add the minced ginger and 2 tablespoons of the chopped scallion. Ladle the broth over the chicken and top with the remaining chopped scallion.
ASIAN-STYLE POACHED CHICKEN SALAD - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
Cuisine HealthyTotal Time 15 minsCategory Curries, Asian-StyleCalories 251 per serving
- 1 Place chicken in a large non-stick pan with water, lime leaves, lemon, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Heat until boiling then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, turning chicken once after about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and leave chicken to stand (in the liquid) until cool enough to handle.
- 2 Lift cooled chicken from poaching liquid (reserve about 3 tablespoons of liquid) and shred finely. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the liquid.
- 3 Julienne unpeeled apple then place in a large bowl and add lime or lemon juice. Toss together to prevent browning. Add vegetables, herbs and chicken. Toss gently to combine.
- 4 To make dressing, place ingredients in a small screw-topped jar and shake to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently again. Garnish with nuts then serve immediately.
CANTONESE POACHED CHICKEN (BAI QIE JI) - THE WOKS OF LIFE
4.9/5 (43)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Chicken And PoultryCalories 301 per serving
CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN (白斩鸡) - SOUPER DIARIES
POACHED CHICKEN IN AN ASIAN-STYLE BROTH - TASTY LIGHT …
CHINESE-STYLE POACHED CHICKEN - FOOD24
ASIAN STYLE POACHED CHICKEN RECIPE - VIDEO DAILYMOTION
POACHED CHICKEN – JUICY, GUARANTEED! | RECIPETIN EATS
CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN | DONNA HAY
ASIAN-STYLE POACHED WHOLE CHICKEN | HEALTHY RECIPE | WW AUSTRALIA
ASIAN POACHED CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WHITE CUT CHICKEN|CHINESE POACHED CHICKEN - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
23 WEEKEND EGGS DISHES FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO COOK IN 2023
SCALLION CHICKEN RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
25 BEST ASIAN CHICKEN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
POACHED “WHITE CUT” CHICKEN | THE SPLENDID TABLE
EASY TENDER POACHED CHICKEN - COOKING WITH LEI
CHINESE STYLE POACHED CHICKEN - A WOMAN COOKS IN ASHEVILLE
AIR FRYER POACHED EGG RECIPE - ET FOOD VOYAGE
POACHED ASIAN CHICKEN | SLOW COOKER CENTRAL
WHEN IS CHINESE NEW YEAR 2023? - THE WOKS OF LIFE
ASIAN-STYLE CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES
You'll also love