BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE
Note: These recipes have been adapted from "Lobster Rolls and Blueberry Pie" by Rebecca Charles of Pearl Oyster Bar and Deborah DiClementi. Text copyright 2003 by Rebecca Charles. Reprinted by permission of Regan Books.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and cold butter. Pulse until the mixture is the consistency of sand. Add the water while pulsing until the mixture comes together; being sure not to overwork it. (To mix the dough by hand, combine the flour, salt, and butter in a large bowl. Add the cold water and work by hand until the mixture comes together.) Remove the dough from the food processor or bowl on a lightly floured work surface. Shape it into disk about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out.
- To make the crumble: Combine the flour and sugar in a food processor until thoroughly combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture forms a crumble, being sure not to over mix. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Using the back of a spoon, crush about 20 percent of the blueberries so the juice mixes with the cornstarch and thickens the filling.
- To make the pie: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch pie tin; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. Place in pie tin, trim, and crimp the edges. Use a fork to poke holes around the sides and bottom of the crust. Chill until firm, about 20 minutes. Cover with a piece of parchment paper and fill it with dried beans. Bake until the crimped edges are firm, about 10 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and beans, and bake until the bottom is firm, about 10 minutes. Fill the crust with the berry mixture, spreading evenly, and top with the crumble. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake until the filling starts to bubble, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Remove, and cool on a wire rack.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Make the dough: Pulse the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, vinegar, salt and about one-third of the butter in a food processor until the butter is incorporated. Add the remaining butter and pulse until it is in pea-size pieces. Add 2 tablespoons ice water and pulse until the dough just comes together. Pinch a small piece of dough: If it doesn't hold together, add up to 2 more tablespoons ice water, pulsing, 1 tablespoon at a time. Turn the dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap and press into a ball. Pat into a 1/2-inch-thick disk and wrap tightly. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface or between 2 pieces of lightly floured parchment paper. (If the dough becomes soft, refrigerate until firm.) Center the dough in a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhang under itself and crimp the edges; refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly pierce the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork, then line with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 20 minutes, then remove the parchment and weights and continue baking until lightly golden, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Bring 3 cups blueberries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the lemon zest to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, crushing the berries slightly with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Discard the lemon zest. Transfer the blueberry mixture to a bowl; stir in the remaining 3 cups berries and 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the lemon juice, whole-wheat flour, nutmeg and salt. Let cool completely.
- Make the topping: Combine the nuts, brown sugar, whole-wheat flour, butter and salt. Squeeze the mixture into clumps with your hands and scatter on a baking sheet. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Pour the blueberry filling into the crust and top with the frozen crumb topping. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes. (If the topping browns too quickly, cover it with foil.) Transfer the pie to a rack and let cool overnight, or at least 4 hours, so the filling sets.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
Treating yourself to this indulgent dessert won't give you the blues later on! Even with a fabulous fruit filling and crumb topping, this light recipe keeps fat and calories to a minimum. Serve the pie warm, advises our Test Kitchen staff...and expect plenty of compliments!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup flour, water and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt and remaining flour; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add flour mixture, tossing with a fork until moistened. , On a piece of plastic wrap, press dough into a 4-in. circle. Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap; roll into 12-in. circle. Freeze for 10 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute; remove plastic wrap. , Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2-in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. , Place blueberries in crust. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, flour, vanilla and lemon zest; spread over blueberries. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; sprinkle over yogurt mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE SLAB PIE
Traditional blueberry pie gets a tasty twist in this slab pie recipe that's topped with a cinnamon-y crumble.
Provided by By Annalise Sandberg
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place both pie crusts in half-sheet pan, overlapping slightly. Fit into pan, pressing into corners. Trim edges to about 1/2 inch overhanging sides of pan, then fold over and tuck into pan.
- In large bowl, toss Filling ingredients. Dump into crust.
- In small bowl, mix Topping ingredients with fork. Use fingers to form olive-sized chunks of topping. Scatter over top of filling.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden and blueberry filling is bubbling. Cool slightly. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 260 mg, Sugar 20 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "blueberry crumble pie recipes"
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (31)Category PieCuisine AmericanTotal Time 7 hrs
- In a large bowl, blueberries, granulated sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and zest together until thoroughly combined. It will be pretty flour-y. That’s ok. Place filling in the refrigerator until needed in step 4.
- On a floured work surface, roll out one of the discs of chilled dough (you can freeze the 2nd for later use, see note). Turn the dough about a quarter turn after every few rolls until you have a circle 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers, making sure it is smooth. Spoon the cold filling into the crust and discard the leftover juices in the bottom of the bowl, if any. Flute or crimp the edges of the crust. Place pie in the refrigerator until needed in the next step.
HOW TO MAKE A BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE (QUICK
5/5 (8)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 390 per serving
- Wash and pat dry the blueberries, then pour into the graham cracker crust, recipe here. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, lemon rind, and vanilla. Pour over the blueberries in pan. Then in a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, granulated sugar, and butter until combined. Spread the topping over the sour cream mix.
- Bake the blueberry crumble until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown and set nicely approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Let the pie cool a little before digging in! Top with ice cream or homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.2/5 (46)Servings 8
- Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, butter, and salt in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal with some pea-size pieces remaining. Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Pulse until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, use the heel of your hand to smear each portion of dough twice in a forward motion to distribute butter. Gather all 4 dough pieces into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour. DO AHEAD Dough can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 13" round. Transfer to pie dish, gently pressing dough onto bottom and up sides of dish. Fold overhang under and crimp edges decoratively. Pierce bottom of crust in several places with a fork, then chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place on a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°. Line crust with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until crust is set, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and pie weights. Bake until crust is pale golden, about 12 minutes longer. Transfer crust to a wire rack; let cool.
- Whisk 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently to coat and evenly distribute. Let filling stand, tossing occasionally, until berries release their juices, 20-30 minutes.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
- For the filling, in a large bowl, combine blueberries, granulated sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with the crust and dock the surface gently with a fork to keep the crust from puffing up during baking
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
LEMON BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
RIDICULOUSLY EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - INSPIRED TASTE
EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - SIMPLY WHISKED
BEST BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE WITH SPICED OAT CRUMBLE - ZESTFUL KITCHEN
BLUEBERRY BARS RECIPE - WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING - CHOCOLATE …
FROM-SCRATCH BLUEBERRY PIE FILLING RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
OUR BEST PIE RECIPES - RECIPES FROM NYT COOKING
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY …
BLUEBERRY SLAB PIE WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING - CRAZY FOR CRUST
28 BEST CRUMBL COOKIE FLAVORS RANKED (2023) - PARADE
BEST BLUEBERRY PIE - THE EPOCH TIMES
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE | A FARMGIRL'S DABBLES
SUMMER COMFORT IN A BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE, LITTLE COYOTE ON BON …
EASY SLAB PIE RECIPES THAT WILL FEED A CROWD - SOUTHERN LIVING
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE—QUICK, EASY, AND DELICIOUS - 101 COOKING …
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - PUREWOW
BLUEBERRY PIE BOMBS RECIPE: EXPLODING WITH FLAVOR
17 BEST FRUIT PIES - EASY FRUIT PIE RECIPES - THE PIONEER WOMAN
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE CREAM PIE - I WASH YOU DRY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #pies-and-tarts #desserts #pies #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-in-something
How To Make Blueberry Crumble Pie1.8K views-07:04
Blueberry Crumble Pie is one of the best and easiest pies, ever!4.7K views-01:30
Fresh Blueberry Crumb Pie Recipe73.4K views-02:55
The BEST Blueberry Pie920.4K views-11:57
How To Make The Ultimate Blueberry Pie Recipe + Flaky Crust588.7K views-06:10
How to Make Homemade Blueberry Pie - Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe with Lattice Crust855.6K views-05:02
You'll also love