SPICED BREAD PUDDING
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place the cinnamon, nutmeg, dried orange peel, cloves, peppercorns, and ginger into 3 cups of half-and-half in a microwavable container and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Check the temperature of the mixture and microwave in 30 second increments until it reaches 180 degrees F. Cover and steep 15 minutes.
- Place the eggs and yolks in a blender with an 8-cup carafe. Blend on the lowest speed for 30 seconds. Raise the speed to quarter power and slowly add the sugars and blend until thickened slightly, about 1 minute. Add the remaining 2 cups half-and-half. With the machine still running, pour in the spiced half-and-half through a small hand strainer and add the rum. Use immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 72 hours.
- Preheat the oven on the lowest (or warm) setting.
- Cut a 7-inch round disk off the top of the boule using a long bread knife or serrated slicer. Tear the disk into pieces and scatter in a large roasting pan. Cut all the way around the inside of the boule just inside the outer wall. Cut downward and across the interior of the bread, first in one direction, then 90 degrees to it to create a grid, the way you would cube mango flesh to remove it from the skin. Remove the plugs of bread and tear into hunks about the size of an egg. Add to the roasting pan and bake until bread is dry, 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the fruit over the bread, pour in the custard, and press the bread to submerge all the pieces. Cover and soak for 2 hours at room temperature or for up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour the melted butter into a spray bottle and spritz the inside of the bread shell. Be sure to cover the bottom with a thin layer to prevent the custard from soaking through. Place the bread shell in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and place in the oven to toast the interior for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bread shell from the oven and transfer the soaked bread mixture into the shell. Bake until the bread pudding souffles and reaches an internal temperature of 165 to 170 degrees F, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove and cool 30 minutes before slicing or scooping and serving.
BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
Although this dish is a great way to use up old bread, it can also be made with fresh bread. Serve it with a scoop of mango ice cream.From the book "Lucinda's Authentic Jamaican Kitchen," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Wiley).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch ovenproof baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the raisins and rum and set aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread. In a blender or food processor, blend the crusts into bread crumbs. Set aside 3 tablespoons and reserve the rest for another use. Cube the bread and put the pieces into a large bowl. Pour the milk and coconut milk over the bread. Set aside to saturate completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour it over the bread along with the raisins and rum. Stir the mixture until well blended. Pour it into the baking dish and sprinkle the 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs over the top. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, butter, and rum. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil gently until thickened, about 10 minutes. Pour a little over each portion when serving.
RUM-RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED RUM SAUCE
This recipe sums up everything great about the holidays! Treat yourself and your guests to this delicious indulgence!
Provided by skat5762
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Soak raisins in just enough rum to cover them for at least one hour, or overnight- drain before using.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl to blend.
- Add milk, sugar, cream,vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk to blend well.
- Stir in bread and raisins.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pudding uncovered until puffed and golden, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly (pudding will fall).
- Serve warm with Spiced Rum Sauce.
- --------SPICEDRUM SAUCE --------.
- Stir brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, rum, and cinnamon and bring to simmer.
- Simmer until sauce thickens and is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving).
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL RUM SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Tear brioche into 1-inch pieces and place in prepared dish.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, custard dessert mix, rum, eggs, and nutmeg. Whisk until well blended. Stir in nuts and raisins, if using. Pour over brioche; press down lightly on brioche to submerge into custard. Let stand for 10 minutes, or until brioche absorbs custard slightly. Bake for 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bread pudding puffs. Serve warm with Caramel Rum Sauce.
- Combine caramel sauce, cream, and rum in medium glass bowl. Heat in microwave for 45 seconds. Whisk to blend. Drizzle over bread pudding.
PANETTONE BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED ORANGE SAUCE
This is a delicious variation on a classic made with the light and heavenly Italian Christmas bread. Panettone is similar to brioche but studded with raisins and candied orange and lemon peel. A luscious sauce made with orange liqueur, makes this dish perfect for the holidays. Serve as a dessert or a sweet and decadent breakfast.
Provided by Lizzie Mac
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Arrange the panettone bread cubes to fit compactly into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Do not compress too tightly; set aside any leftover bread cubes.
- Whisk together 3 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes light yellow in color. Pour in the cream, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon orange liqueur; whisk to combine. Stir in 1 pinch salt, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, lemon zest, and orange zest. Pour this mixture over the panettone cubes in the casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove the bread from the refrigerator, uncover, and dot the top of the bread pudding with 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Set casserole dish into a shallow pan that is 2 to 3 inches larger in diameter than the casserole dish. Set these pans onto the center rack of the preheated oven. Pour hot water into the outside pan, until it reaches a depth of 1 inch around the casserole dish, creating a water bath.
- Bake the pudding in the water bath until it is fully set and a knife inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. The water bath will help the pudding to cook evenly and maintain a light texture. Carefully remove the pudding from the water bath and cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, make the sauce by melting 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup orange liqueur, 3 tablespoons water, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir and heat over medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved and the liquid is heated through. Remove from heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk 1 egg until well beaten. While whisking the egg, slowly pour 2 tablespoons of the hot mixture into the bowl with the egg. Then, while whisking mixture vigorously, slowly pour the warmed egg mixture back into the sauce.
- Place the saucepan back over low heat, gently stirring the sauce and raising the temperature slowly to medium. Continue to stir until the sauce almost reaches a simmer, reducing the heat as necessary if the mixture threatens to boil. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over the bread pudding and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 971.6 calories, Carbohydrate 97.1 g, Cholesterol 302.5 mg, Fat 61.7 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 35 g, Sodium 416.9 mg, Sugar 76.1 g
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix together the sugar and cornstarch, and stir into the butter. Pour in milk, and cook stirring frequently until the mixture begins to boil. Continue cooking until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in rum. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Cholesterol 8.1 mg, Fat 2.8 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 26.5 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
Make and share this Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Boomette
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Position the oven rack at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Butter an 8 in (20 cm) diameter soufflé mould that has an 8 cups (2 litres) volume and sprinkle with sugar.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, the egg yolks, brown sugar, the rum and vanilla. Add the bread and raisins. Let the mixture impregnate for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until there is a formation of firm peaks.
- Using a spatula, little by little incorporate the meringue to the bread mixture while folding carefully. Pour into the mould.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the center is firm and slightly humid.
- Serve immediately. Decorate with pecans and coat with the sauce.
- Rum Sauce :.
- In a sauce pan, mix the brown sugar and flour.
- Add the cream, milk, rum and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Let it become lukewarm while whisking a few times.
More about "bread pudding with spiced rum sauce recipes"
HOT BUTTERED RUM BREAD PUDDING - SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (2)Total Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Whisk together half-and-half, milk, granulated sugar, eggs, melted butter, cinnamon, pepper, 2 teaspoons of the vanilla, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large bowl. Add bread and raisins; stir to combine. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake until golden and set, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine rum, brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. Drizzle 1/2 cup sauce over bread pudding. Serve with remaining sauce.
BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE | LOUISIANA KITCHEN
BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED RUM SAUCE – THE TINY FAIRY
EGGNOG BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED RUM CARAMEL …
BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED RUM SAUCE | THE COZY APRON
Reviews 4Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350° degrees, and lightly butter 8 ramekins (or lightly butter a 12 x 9½ x 2 baking dish).
- Next, in another large bowl, whisk the eggs together with the rest of the ingredients up to and including the nutmeg, and pour this custard mixture over the cubed challah bread; add in the raisins, and mix gently with your hands to incorporate the custard and the raisins with the cubed bread, and allow the mixture to sit for about 10-12 minutes (the mixture will seem a bit “loose”, but this is fine).
- Spoon/ladle the bread pudding mixture into the prepared ramekins (or baking dish), and place onto a baking sheet to bake the bread puddings for about 45 minutes (or about 50-55 minutes if using a baking dish).
DESSERTS - BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED RUM SAUCE RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory Desserts, Breakfast, DessertServings 6Total Time 1 hr
KRISPY KREME BREAD PUDDING | THE CAGLE DIARIES
20 DELICIOUS BREAD PUDDING RECIPES TO USE UP LEFTOVER BREAD
BREAD PUDDING WITH CONDENSED MILK - KICKASS BAKER
TOP 40 DIFFERENT BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
TOP 43 FLAVORED BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
A TASTE OF NEW ORLEANS: CREOLE BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
TOP 49 PONDEROSA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE RECIPES
TOP 42 RUM RAISIN PUDDING RECIPE RECIPES
RUM, CARAMEL, AND BANANA BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
BREAD PUDDING | FOOD AND DRINK
SALTY'S EGGNOG BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EXPLORE SEATTLE SOUTHSIDE
RUM RAISIN BREAD PUDDING - BROMA BAKERY
TOP 41 FLAVORED BREAD PUDDING RECIPES
MAKE PANETTONE BREAD PUDDING FOR YOUR VALENTINE
TOP 50 HARD SAUCE RECIPES WITH RUM - DMAX.YOURAMYS.COM
RUM RAISIN BREAD PUDDING WITH SPICED RUM SAUCE RECIPES
You'll also love