RICO'S LECHON PORK CUBAN STYLE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 30
- For the pork marinade: Rinse the pork with warm water and place on a half-sheet pan preferably 1 to 2 inches deep. Carefully stab 8 to 10 slits with the tip of a chef's knife in different areas of the meat. (Note: If you are using a pork shoulder instead, cut under the thick cap of fat using a fillet knife, cutting while pulling the fat out of the way to one side, revealing the meat; do not remove the layer of fat, just detach it to make way for stabbing slits with your knife.) Using your hands, fill all the slits with garlic cloves, pressing them down into each slit. Add salt and pepper and spread evenly. Pour lemon and lime juices over the pork. Add the achiote, coriander and oregano. Using your hands, massage and spread evenly. Pour the olive oil and spread evenly. Let the pork rest at room temperature for 2 hours.
- For the blending ingredients: Add the onions, basil, olives, olive oil, green onions, green peppers, lemon, red pepper, yellow pepper and 2 quarts water to a blender. Blend until thick. Set aside.
- For the mojo marinade: Stir together the achiote, lemon and lime juices, olive oil, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and orange slices in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Transfer the pork to a deeper roasting pan, preferably 4 inches deep. Add the blending mixture by pouring it evenly over the pork. Now pour the mojo marinate evenly over the pork. Add water, making sure to pour on the sides of the pan and not on top of the pork, and fill at least two-thirds of the way. Cover the pork with foil, sealing tight, and place in the oven. Roast 3 1/2 hours, then remove the foil and turn the oven up to 425 degrees F. Continue to roast for an additional hour.
- Serve hot with your favorite rice and beans.
CUBAN LECHON ASADO (ROASTED FRESH HAM)
This is a great recipe found in Steve Raichlen's cookbook 'Miami Spice'. The pork roast is wonderful. Easy to make. VERY flavourful. Leftovers are great in wraps!
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- The day before you plan to serve this dish, trim the excess fat off the pork leg; make shallow slits all over the pork, using the tip of a knife; mash the garlic, salt, oregano, cumin, pepper, bay leaf and olive oil to a paste in a mortar; rub this mixture all over the roast, forcing it into the slits; combine the sour orange juice, sherry, and onions in a small bowl; place the roast in a large, heavy plastic bag; add the sour OJ mixture, making sure that the whole roast gets covered with the mixture; refrigerate and marinate the roast in the bag overnight, turning occasionally during the time.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the roast, and pat dry, reserving the marinade; place it in a lightly oiled, nonreactive, heavy roasting pan; cook the roast for 1 hour, turning once or twice to brown it on all sides.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees; pour the marinade and onions over the pork; tent the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil; (tear off a piece that is 1 1/2 times the width of your pan; fold it in half and crease the top; open it up, and place over the pan like a tent, tightly crimping edges to seal) continue roasting the pork, basting from time to time with the pan juices, until almost cooked, about 1 hour; add a little water or sherry if the pan dries out.
- Uncover the roast and continue cooking until the internal temp reads*at least* 150 degrees F on a meat thermometer, about 30 minutes more; (most Cubans like the meat well done, so after sitting, it should be up to 180 degrees--it's safer, also).
- Let the roast stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Note: this is traditionally served with black bean soup and white rice, and fried, sweet plantains; for dessert, serve a rich flan and you're set!
ROAST PORK CUBAN STYLE (LECHON ASADO)
Barbara and Kevin brought this for dinner to Family Promise with black beans, rice and plantains (baked) YUM!!! I had to have the recipe. It come from Three Guys From Miami, who have published cookbooks and are well known. There were other roast pork recipes here, but NOT this one. It is SOOOOOO good. You can cook this in the oven, on the grill, on the stove or in the crockpot.
Provided by Ambervim
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 20-24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mash the garlic, salt, and peppercorns together with a mortar and pestle.
- Add dried oregano, onion, and the sour orange to make a mash - mix thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan until hot, but NOT deep frying hot! We're looking for something in the neighborhood of 220 degrees F. Remove the saucepan from the heat source. Carefully add the mash to the hot oil and whisk gently. Let cool.
- Pierce the pork as many times as you can with a sharp knife or fork.
- Pour garlic mixture (save a little for roasting) over pork, cover and let sit in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or preferably overnight.
- To roast in the oven, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the pork, fattest side up, in an open roasting pan. Place pan in oven and reduce temperature to 225 degrees F. Spoon extra marinade over the roast occasionally as it cooks. When to temp, immediately cover with foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. The roast will continue to cook after you remove it from the heat.
- Use a covered grill, such as the Webber kettle or a covered gas grill. Bank the coals to each side, leaving an empty space beneath your ham. If using a gas grill, use front and rear burners only. The idea is to cook with indirect heat. You want a low heat.
- Spoon extra marinade over the roast occasionally as it cooks. If not using a gas grill, add charcoal to the sides as needed to maintain roasting temperature. When to temp, immediately cover with foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. The roast will continue to cook after you remove it from the heat.
- STOVETOP OR CROCKPOT.
- Place ham in a large Dutch oven, or a covered stock pan. Add about one cup of marinade to the pan. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to low, cover and cook until completely done. Add additional marinade as needed to keep at least one inch of liquid in bottom of pan so the roast will not burn.
- All methods internal temp 195F to pull with fork OR 170F to slice. The time of 7 yours is an estimate. Could be less, could be more.
- Servings based on the size of your ham. Allow about 1/4 to 1/2 pound per person, depending on side dishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.8, Fat 40.8, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 96.6, Sodium 322.4, Carbohydrate 3.8, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 1.9, Protein 23.8
More about "cuban grilled pork lechon asado recipes"
CUBAN ROAST PORK (LECHON ASADO) - A SASSY SPOON
4.8/5 (37)Total Time 6 hrs 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 461 per serving
- In a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic cloves, salt, peppercorns, onion, oregano, cumin, and olive oil until you get a paste. Set aside.
- Place the pork shoulder in a roasting pan. Grab the thick pork skin and using a knife, gently separate the skin from the pork enough for it to flap over. Do not cut it off completely.
- Pierce the pork a few times with the knife and pour the mojo marinade over it. Next, rub the garlic paste, evenly, over the pork and then place the skin back down. Cover the entire pork roast with aluminum foil and place in the fridge to marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight. The longer, the better.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the pork from the fridge, allow it to come to room temperature, and pat the skin down with a paper towel before roasting. The dryer the skin, the crispier it will be.
SLOW COOKED CUBAN PORK - LECHON ASADO - DE SU MAMA
MOJO CUBAN ROAST PORK (LECHON ASADO) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
LECHON ASADO - CUBAN ROAST PORK - CAROLINE'S COOKING
ROASTED CUBAN MOJO PORK (LECHON ASADO) - THE FOOD …
LECHON ASADO (CUBAN ROAST PORK) - FOR THE LOVE OF SAZóN
CUBAN LECHON ASADO (CUBAN PORK ROAST) | TRAEGER GRILLS
4.8/5 (5)Phone (800) 872-3437Category Pork
- Prepare the pork the night before you plan to cook. This recipe requires overnight marinating time. With a thin sharp knife, make slits all over the surface of the pork through the skin, about 1/4-inch deep.
- With the flat of a heavy knife on a cutting board, mash the garlic, salt, oregano, cumin, and pepper. Alternatively, use a small food processor or a mortar and pestle.
- Season the pork. Rub the paste all over the outside of the meat, using the handle of a teaspoon or your fingers to get the paste into the slits.
- In a large sturdy resealable plastic bag, add the pork, orange juice, lime juice, sherry, if using, and the onions. Seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 300°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes. 300 ˚F / 149 ˚C.
- In a large roasting pan or Dutch oven, pour in the pork marinade. Spread the onions evenly on the bottom and place the pork on top. Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Insert the probe into the thickest part of the roast, avoiding the bone and any large pockets of fat if possible. Cover the pan tightly with a lid or heavy-duty foil.
- Remove the pan from the grill, and let the meat rest for 20 minutes before slicing or pulling. Spoon the onions and juices over the pork before serving.
TOP 42 ROAST PORK CUBAN STYLE LECHON ASADO RECIPES
SLOW COOKER LECHóN ASADA (CUBAN MOJO ROAST PORK) | KITCHN
CUBAN-STYLE ROAST PORK SHOULDER WITH MOJO RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
TOP 44 LECHON ASADO RECIPE OVEN RECIPES
TOP 48 LECHON ASADO RECIPE OVEN RECIPES
CUBAN MOJO PORK (LECHON ASADO) - EATFOODLICIOUS.COM
RECIPE: LECHóN ASADO (CUBAN-STYLE ROAST PORK) | KITCHN
TOP 46 LECHON ASADO ROAST PORK CUBAN COOK RECIPES
LECHóN ASADO (CUBAN ROAST PORK) - THE AMERICAN CUBAN TABLE
CUBAN ROAST PORK (LECHON ASADO) - COOK2EATWELL
LECHON ASADO - CUBAN ROAST PORK - RECIPE – SOUL DE CUBA CAFE
LECHON ASADO (CUBAN CHRISTMAS EVE “PIG”) - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
TOP 43 CUBAN PORK ROAST RECIPE OVEN RECIPES
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK (LECHON ASADO) - VIKALINKA
TOP 44 LECHON ASADO ROAST PORK CUBAN COOK RECIPES
TOP 43 ROAST PORK CUBAN STYLE LECHON ASADO RECIPES
ROAST PORK – LECHóN ASADO – COOKING IN CUBAN
TOP 40 LECHON ASADO PUERTO RICAN RECIPE RECIPES
CUBAN ROAST PORK (LECHóN ASADO - SIMPLE, EASY-TO-MAKE …
You'll also love