KALBI (KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS)
This is the staple of Korean fine dining, but too expensive in the restaurants. It is also simple to make at home, and will leave your guests asking for more. Total time includes marinating time. Traditionally, should be served sliced, rolled in romaine lettuce leaves, along with white rice, lightly browned garlic slices, and gochujang (Korean red pepper paste).
Provided by CC
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, green onions, and sesame oil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the ribs in a large plastic zipper bag. Pour the marinade over the ribs, squeeze out all the air, and refrigerate the bag for 3 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the ribs from the bag, shake off the excess marinade, and discard the marinade. Grill the ribs on the preheated grill until the meat is still pink but not bloody nearest the bone, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1095.7 calories, Carbohydrate 44.9 g, Cholesterol 172.4 mg, Fat 85.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 35.9 g, SaturatedFat 36.2 g, Sodium 2831.1 mg, Sugar 41 g
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (GAL-BI)
This is a easy way to make Korean BBQ. You can also substitute chicken breast or sliced rib-eye for the short ribs. If you use chicken or rib-eye, you must add thinly sliced green onion tops. This can also be broiled in the oven for the same amount of time.
Provided by funinthesun
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour soy sauce, water, and vinegar into a large, non-metallic bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, white sugar, pepper, sesame oil, garlic, and onion until the sugars have dissolved. Submerge the ribs in this marinade, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 7 to 12 hours; the longer, the better.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove ribs from the marinade, shake off excess, and discard the marinade. Cook on preheated grill until the meat is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710 calories, Carbohydrate 23.2 g, Cholesterol 111.9 mg, Fat 55.5 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 22 g, Sodium 2230.6 mg, Sugar 17 g
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (YANGNYEOM GALBI)
Galbi, a popular Korean BBQ dish, has a savory-sweet marinade that caramelizes in a hot skillet or on the grill. NYC chef Hooni Kim uses garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and Asian pear for an authentic rendition of a Korean classic. (Note: This recipe requires overnight marination.)
Provided by Hooni Kim
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Marinade: Peel pear, cut into pieces, and place into food processor (discard the core). Smash garlic cloves; trim root end, remove peel, and add to the food processor. Trim any dry patches off ginger knob; then use a spoon to scrape off the skin. Roughly slice (to about the same size as the garlic) and place in the food processor. Pulse to finely chop, about 20 seconds. Add sugar, mirin, soy sauce, and sake, and pulse several times to finish the marinade. Set aside.
- Short ribs: Cut short rib slices into 2-inch pieces, making sure a bone is in each piece. Pour enough marinade into a baking dish to cover the bottom. Spread the sliced short ribs on the marinade; then pour remaining marinade on top to cover. Cover the surface of the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 12-24 hours.
- Remove marinade from short ribs by draining them in a colander; discard marinade. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil in a thin, even layer. When the skillet is smoking, add short ribs, one piece at a time, in an even layer. (Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding.) Cook undisturbed until brown and caramelized on one side, 2 minutes. Flip over and cook another 1-2 minutes to brown and caramelize. (Note: To cook galbi on a grill, oil the grill grate, preheat to medium-high, and cook for 2 minutes per side.)
- Remove beef to a serving platter. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and beef. Garnish beef with scallions. Serve with white rice or with lettuce leaves to wrap.
KALBI (KOREAN BARBEQUED BEEF SHORT RIBS)
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings as a main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preparation: Sprinkle brown sugar over beef and mix well to evenly coat. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Transfer beef into a large sealable freezer bag (you may need 2). Add marinade, press out excess air from bags, and seal. Turn bag over several times to ensure beef is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade off beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired. Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces, using kitchen shears, for a starter or party nibble.
BBQ SHORT RIBS KOREAN STYLE
Make and share this BBQ Short Ribs Korean Style recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Sharon123
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder until fine. Place the ground sesame seeds in a medium bowl and add the garlic, soy, sherry, honey, sesame oil, water, ginger, scallions, and red chili flakes, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Put the ribs in a large baking dish, pour the marinade over, and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Remove the ribs from the marinade and grill on both sides until golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat of the grill, close the cover, and grill until tender, about 15 minutes longer.
- Remove to a platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy! Good served with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2865.7, Fat 257, SaturatedFat 108.7, Cholesterol 517.1, Sodium 3369.1, Carbohydrate 21.8, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 14.6, Protein 105.6
KOREAN BBQ-INSPIRED SHORT RIBS
These Galbi-inspired Korean short ribs are incredibly easy to make and very tasty. They can be served with sticky white rice and lettuce wraps and pair well with many other Korean BBQ dishes. Great for parties and backyard BBQs!
Provided by ZedFightsGanon
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha hot sauce, and olive oil together in a large bowl; add brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Mix green onions, garlic, black pepper, sesame seeds, ginger, and five-spice powder into vinegar mixture until marinade is evenly combined.
- Place short ribs in a large reseable bag and pour marinade over ribs; coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove ribs from marinade and place on the grill; cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Flip ribs and spoon marinade over second side; cook until meat is no longer pink, 6 to 7 minutes more. Turn grill heat to high and cook ribs for 1 minute more per side. Remove ribs from heat and place on a plate; let rest for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 618.8 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 93.1 mg, Fat 49.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 18.7 g, Sodium 1593.1 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
GALBI (KOREAN-STYLE SHORT RIBS)
This dish, known as galbi, is a fine thing to eat in a restaurant, but it also makes for a wonderful and easy meal at home. If you buy English-style short ribs, which are cut along the bone, you must butterfly the meat into a thin, long strip. If the ribs you buy are flanken-style, in which a band saw is used to cut across the ribs, creating half-inch slices of beef dotted with three little bones, rinse them under cold water before seasoning to remove any bone fragments. It's a good idea to let the ribs marinate for at least two hours to allow the seasoning to penetrate; marinating overnight is even better.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories dinner, easy, main course
Yield About 20 slices, 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Rinse short ribs in cold water, pat dry and place in a wide shallow bowl. In another bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, black pepper and cayenne.
- Put onion, garlic, pear and ginger in the work bowl of a food processor. Grind ingredients to a smooth purée, then add to soy sauce mixture. Add sesame seeds. Thin with ¼ cup water. Pour marinade over short ribs and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Bring to room temperature, drain and discard marinade.
- Cook short ribs on a hot grill or under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until nicely browned but juicy. Pile grilled meat on a platter and serve immediately with lettuce leaves on the side. Accompany with sliced hot peppers, ssamjang and steamed rice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 993, UnsaturatedFat 43 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 85 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 35 grams, SaturatedFat 36 grams, Sodium 894 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams
More about "korean bbq short ribs gal bi recipes"
LA GALBI (KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS) - KOREAN BAPSANG
4.3/5 (252)Category Main CourseCuisine Asian, KoreanTotal Time 20 mins
- Rinse the ribs to wash off bone dust, and drain well. Pound the meat lightly with a meat tenderizer, or stretch it out with your hands. This step helps tenderize the meat, but you can skip it if you want.
- Mix all marinade ingredients well. Marinate the meat for 6 – 8 hours (overnight for best results). The thicker the meat, the longer you’ll want to marinate.
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Grill the short ribs, turning only once, 2 – 3 minutes on each side. It’s best to grill over charcoal or wood charcoal (soot bul), but a gas grill or a grill pan over the stove top works well too. (See note for the oven broiling method.)
GALBI - KOREAN BBQ MARINATED BEEF SHORT RIBS | RECIPETIN …
5/5 (13)Category MainsCuisine Asian, BBQ, KoreanCalories 431 per serving
- Marinade 24 hours: Place beef in a ziplock bag, glass or ceramic container. Pour over Marinade, mix well to coat. Cover and marinade for 24 hours.
- Garnish beef with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. You don't need a sauce for this one - it is literally dripping with flavour! Pictured in post with Kimchi Fried Rice and Ginger Smashed Cucumbers.
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (GALBI) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
7TH KOREAN BBQ - 288 PHOTOS & 248 REVIEWS - YELP
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (GALBI KALBI) RECIPE - YOUTUBE
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS MARINADE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
眞 JIN COOK - AUTHENTIC KOREAN SOUL FOOD - GLENDALE, CA
ANYONE HAVE A GOOD KOREAN BBQ SAUCE RECIPE? | FOOD AND DRINK
KOREAN BBQ BEEF SHORT RIBS (GALBI) | RECIPES | JUDY JOO
KOREAN STYLE BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE A.K.A LA GALBI BBQ L BETTER …
GALBI, TRADITIONAL RECIPE (WANG-GALBI), KOREAN BBQ, MARINATED …
PARK’S BBQ - 3267 PHOTOS & 2041 REVIEWS - YELP
EVERY KOREAN FOOD AT TRADER JOE'S, RANKED WORST TO BEST
KOREAN SHORT RIBS: AN AUTHENTIC GALBI RECIPE - MIRLANDRA'S KITCHEN
GALBI KOREAN BBQ MARINATED BEEF SHORT RIBS | WILKERSON RECIPES
KOREAN BARBECUE SHORT RIBS (LA GALBI) RECIPE - ALL THINGS BARBECUE
KOREAN BBQ RIBS (GALBI) - SMOKED BBQ SOURCE
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (GALBI) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
KOREAN STYLE BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE AKA LA GALBI BBQ RECIPES
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (GAL-BI) RECIPE | KOREAN BBQ, RECIPES, FOOD
TOP 46 HOW TO COOK KOREAN SHORT RIBS RECIPES
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS (GALBI) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GALBI (KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS) - KOREAN BAPSANG
Korean Traditional Galbi BBQ: Grilled Beef Short Ribs (갈비구이)1.4M views-12:22
Korean Style Beef Short Ribs Recipe a.k.a LA GALBI BBQ l Better Than Restaurants333.1K views-11:12
BEST Galbi Korean Beef Short Ribs Recipe245.8K views-09:16
How to Cook LA Galbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs) in a Frying Pan? CiCi Li - Asian Home Cooking Recipes18.3K views-05:53
AUTHENTIC Galbi BBQ Grilled Beef Short Ribs (갈비구이) Korean BBQ MARINADE & How To Cut Galbi Short Ribs76.5K views-28:17
Galbi (Kalbi) Korean Marinated Rib BBQ935.1K views-08:19
You'll also love