MUSSELS IN GARLIC BUTTER
This is a very quick and simple recipe for Mussels. I am not a seafood eater myself but the family do enjoy these.
Provided by Tisme
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cream the butter with the garlic and parsley in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the mussels in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients, bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Detach the lid from the base and place the mussels still sitting in their shells on a baking sheet.
- Dot generously with the garlic butter and grill until the butter has melted.
- Serve the mussles on their own or in the wine broth.
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH LEEKS, GARLIC, THYME, WHITE WINE, AND BUTTER
- Rinse the mussels under cold running water while scrubbing with a vegetable brush. Remove the stringy mussel beards with your thumb and index finger as you wash them. Discard any mussels with broken shells.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, garlic, and thyme and cook until the vegetables cook down to a pulp, about 5 minutes. Add the mussels and give everything a good toss. Add the white wine. Cover and steam over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until the mussels open. Stir occasionally so that all the mussels are in contact with the heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and a drizzle of olive oil to the sauce remaining in the pot and swirl to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE
Simmer Ina Garten's recipe for Mussels in White Wine on the stovetop with garlic, saffron and plum tomatoes for an easy yet elegant meal.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To clean the mussels, put them in a large bowl with 2 quarts of water and the flour and soak for 30 minutes, or until the mussels disgorge any sand. Drain the mussels, then remove the "beard" from each with your fingers. If they're dirty, scrub the mussels with a brush under running water. Discard any mussels whose shells aren't tightly shut.
- In a large non-aluminum stockpot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes; then add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes, or until the shallots are translucent. Add the tomatoes, saffron, parsley, thyme, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels, stir well, then cover the pot, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until all the mussels are opened (discard any that do not open). With the lid on, shake the pot once or twice to be sure the mussels don't burn on the bottom. Pour the mussels and the sauce into a large bowl and serve hot.
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC AND PARSLEY
This is absolutely the simplest way to cook mussels, and perhaps the most satisfying. A big pot of them makes an easy, festive dinner any night of the week.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories easy, quick, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat broiler. Put olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper and let sizzle for 30 seconds without browning. Add the mussels, stir to coat and increase heat to high. Add the wine or water, and put on lid. After 2 minutes, give the mussels a stir, then replace lid and continue cooking until all mussels have opened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Paint cut sides of the baguette pieces with oil and place cut side up under broiler to toast. Rub toasts with the remaining garlic cloves.
- Stir the chopped parsley into the mussels, then ladle mussels and broth into bowls. Serve with the garlic toasts.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 675, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 63 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 1758 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MUSSELS IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
A great recipe for a light mid week meal. Very tasty, healthy and quick to make.
Provided by afronia1
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Scrub the mussels thorougly under cold running water. Discard any that have broken or open shells.
- Melt 40g of the butter in a very large pan over low heat. Add 2tsp of the chopped garlic and all the shallots and cook for 2mins.
- Add the mussels, wine, salt and black pepper. Cover and bring to the boil, shaking occasionally. Cook for around 3 mins or until the mussels open.
- Place the mussels into individual dishes, discarding any mussels that won't open.
- Mix together the remaining butter, garlic and chopped parsley.
- Stir the mixture into the remaining cooking juices and heat through, pour over the mussels and eat immediatley.
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
Make and share this Mussels in White Wine and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
Provided by kyle martin
Yield 4 bowls, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.
- Using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard.
- In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high.
- Cook until all mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in herbs and butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide mussels and broth among four bowls.
- Serve immediately.
More about "mussels with garlic butter recipes"
QUICK AND EASY WHITE WINE GARLIC MUSSELS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.5/5 (104)Total Time 25 minsCategory Easy DinnerCalories 524 per serving
- Add the mussels then cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until they are all open. Discard any mussels that don't open (if using whole mussels)
HOW TO COOK MUSSELS: EASY STEAMED MUSSELS RECIPE WITH …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat the butter in a large stock pot or deep saucepan over medium heat, then add the shallots and garlic. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add the mussels, broth, and wine to the pot and cover with a lid. Cook the mussels for 5 minutes, shaking the pot every few minutes to evenly distribute the heat.
- Remove the lid and check for any unopened mussels; if the majority are still closed, cover with the lid for another 2 minutes, then check again. Once most of the shells are open, discard any that have remained closed.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl (don't forget the cooking liquid!), garnished with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes, and serve with crusty bread or French fries, for French moules frites, on the side to soak up the broth. For proper mussel eating etiquette, place a separate bowl on the table for discarding empty shells.
GARLIC BUTTER MUSSELS - THE CULINARY COMPASS
4.7/5 (14)Total Time 25 minsCategory EntreeCalories 284 per serving
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add in shallot and stir. Let simmer until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and stir. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in white wine to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add in mussels and cover. Let simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- Pour in lemon juice and stir. Let simmer for another minute or two. Remove any mussels that haven't opened.
OVEN-STEAMED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC AND WHITE WINE
MUSSELS IN LEMON GARLIC-BUTTER SAUCE | WITH A BLAST
MUSSELS AND LINGUINE WITH GARLIC BUTTER & WHITE WINE …
GRILLED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - BETTER HOMES
EASY SMOKED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE
HOW TO COOK MUSSELS WITH GARLIC WHITE WINE SAUCE
STEAMED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC AND PARSLEY - LITTLE BROKEN
BAKED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 338 per serving
MUSSELS WITH BASIL, ALMONDS AND BUTTER - COOKIDOO® – THE OFFICIAL ...
MUSSEL LINGUINE - ASC INTERNATIONAL
MUSSELS IN GARLIC WINE BUTTER | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
DELICIOUS SEAFOOD RECIPE: PEI MUSSELS WITH GARLIC MAYO BUTTER …
10 DELICIOUS GARLIC BUTTER RECIPES TO SPICE UP YOUR CLAM DISHES!
10 BEST MUSSELS GARLIC BUTTER RECIPES | YUMMLY
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE GARLIC-BUTTER SAUCE - TASTY KITCHEN
12 UNIQUE SIDES FOR LOBSTER (IDEAS FOR A DECADENT MEAL) - MSN
HOW TO MAKE CRAB BUTTER SAUCE (4-WAYS!) - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
MUSSELS STEAMED WITH LEMON GARLIC BUTTER - MAMA LOVES FOOD
THE 30 BEST PORTUGUESE RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
SEA BASS WITH BASIL-GARLIC BUTTER - FROZEN FISH DIRECT
ROASTED MUSSELS WITH GARLIC-BUTTER CRUMBS | EASY MUSSELS RECIPE
Mussels - in a Lemon Garlic Butter Broth - PoorMansGourmet145.3K views-03:34
How To Make LEMON BUTTER MUSSELS With Garlic251.7K views-07:22
Classic French Mussels Recipe - Moules Marinière with White Wine & Garlic Butter Sauce241.5K views-05:59
Mussels In Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce138.9K views-01:00
Tasty Creamy Garlic Mussels In Lemon butter sauce63.6K views-03:40
Creamy Garlic Mussels in Lemon Butter Sauce46.1K views-07:41
You'll also love