In just under an hour and with only three ingredients, you can make a batch of raspberry jam that's bursting with flavor and color. We found that macerating the berries prior to cooking helps release more of their natural fruit pectin, eliminating the need for any additional thickener. Serve the jam on toast, as part of a cheese board or over yogurt or even ice cream.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Toss the raspberries, sugar and lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan to combine, then mash slightly to release some of the berry juice. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the raspberries to macerate and the sugar to dissolve. Meanwhile, place a small plate in the freezer to chill; this will be used to test the doneness of the jam.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium, stirring frequently. Continue to cook until the jam becomes thick and syrupy, about 25 minutes. To test doneness, place a small amount of the jam onto the chilled plate and freeze for 2 minutes. Drag your finger or spoon through it. If the jam holds its shape and thickness, the jam is done; remove from the heat. If it's runny, continue to cook and test again in 5-minute increments. Once the jam has reached the right consistency, transfer to jars and cool completely before storing, covered tightly. Jam will keep in the refrigerator up to 6 months.
RASPBERRY JAM WITHOUT PECTIN
This is another 'lucky' situation when things turn for better. While making my raspberry jam, I totally forgot to add pectin. The result: exactly the same that if I did add some. Easier, simpler, and less risky than adding pectin to it.
Provided by Francine Lizotte Club Foody
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Canning and Preserving Recipes Jams and Jellies Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well. Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Seal and transfer jars into a boiling water bath. Make sure jars are covered with at least 1 inch of water; let sit for 5 minutes. Lift jars and let them cool in a draft-free place without touching, 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sugar 14.7 g
GRANDMA'S RASPBERRY BARS
Wonderful chewy Christmas cookie bars.
Provided by STACEY BILLER
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Raspberry Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Spread 2/3 of mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread jam over mixture.
- Combine remaining mixture with oats and walnuts; sprinkle over jam layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23.8 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 81.4 mg, Sugar 13.6 g
People also searched
More about "old fashioned raspberry jam recipes"
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY JAM
4.8/5 (11)Total Time 35 minsCategory Brunch, Breakfast, Fruit
OLD-FASHIONED NO PECTIN RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE • THE …
4.4/5 (58)Category Preserving FoodCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Start by sanitizing jars and washing lids and rings. Then, place all of your half pint jars in a water bath canner and fill it with water. Turn the heat to high and allow the water to start simmering while you prepare the jam.
- A trick to help sugar dissolve more easily in jam is to warm your sugar. Preheat your oven to 250°F. Place all 6 cups of sugar into a baking dish. Throw it into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- While your sugar is warming, place 9 cups of raspberries into a large 5 quart stockpot. Heat them up, mashing them with a potato masher or something similar while they heat. Once they reach a boil, allow them to boil hard for 1 full minute, stirring constantly.
- Once they've boiled for a full minute, add the warmed sugar to the raspberries. You'll want to boil this fruit sugar mixture for about 5 minutes, here's a trick to tell when the mixture is ready.
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | THE BEST OLD FASHIONED JAM
Servings 6Total Time 35 minsCategory Canning & Preserving
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - MUMMY IS COOKING
SEEDLESS RASPBERRY JAM - THE TIMELESS BAKER
DELICIOUS RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE (WITHOUT PECTIN)
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - NO PECTIN (3 INGREDIENTS)
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - NO PECTIN RECIPE
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY FREEZER JAM - INSPIRATIONAL MOMMA
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - INCREDIBLE.RECIPES
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY BARS - BIGOVEN.COM
SEEDLESS RASPBERRY JAM - GET THE GOOD STUFF
OLD-WORLD RASPBERRY BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
SPICY SWEET RASPBERRY PEPPER JAM | OLD FASHIONED FAMILIES
THUMBPRINT COOKIES - JO COOKS
THE EASIEST HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE (WITHOUT PECTIN)
RASPBERRY JAM - POMONA'S UNIVERSAL PECTIN - SUGAR FREE NO …
BEST OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATS - DELISH
RASPBERRY JAM BARS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
How To Make Old Fashioned Raspberry Jam Without Pectin (For All Berries)14.2K views-05:38
Raspberry jam without Pectin | Homemade Raspberry Jam75.2K views-05:15
The Easiest Way to Make Homemade Raspberry jam from Scratch.- No Pectin or Artificial Flavorings.1.6K views-00:49
3-Ingredient Raspberry Jam | Easy Jam Recipe | Cake/Macaron Filling | Cheesecake Topping | #Shorts4.8K views-00:51
Old Fashioned Raspberry Buns10K views-09:37
You'll also love