OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM
The intense raspberry flavor of this jam makes it a longtime favorite. Warming the sugar beforehand keeps the jam boiling evenly and ensures success.
Provided by Eleanor Topp
Categories Condiment/Spread Fruit Breakfast Brunch Raspberry Summer Edible Gift Boil Fat Free Kidney Friendly Vegan Vegetarian Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 cups (1 L)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- 1. Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
- 2. Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
- 4. Ladle into sterilized jars and process as directed for Shorter Time Processing Procedure .
- Tip: To make a small boiling-water canner, tie several screw bands together with string or use a small round cake rack in the bottom of a large covered Dutch oven. Be sure the pan is high enough for 2 inches (5 cm) of water to cover the jars when they are sitting on the rack.
RASPBERRY JAM WITHOUT PECTIN
This is another 'lucky' situation when things turn for better. While making my raspberry jam, I totally forgot to add pectin. The result: exactly the same that if I did add some. Easier, simpler, and less risky than adding pectin to it.
Provided by Francine Lizotte Club Foody
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well. Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Seal and transfer jars into a boiling water bath. Make sure jars are covered with at least 1 inch of water; let sit for 5 minutes. Lift jars and let them cool in a draft-free place without touching, 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sugar 14.7 g
People also searched
More about "old fashioned raspberry jam recipes"
OLD-FASHIONED NO PECTIN RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE • THE …
4.4/5 (55)Category Preserving FoodCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Start by sanitizing jars and washing lids and rings. Then, place all of your half pint jars in a water bath canner and fill it with water. Turn the heat to high and allow the water to start simmering while you prepare the jam.
- A trick to help sugar dissolve more easily in jam is to warm your sugar. Preheat your oven to 250°F. Place all 6 cups of sugar into a baking dish. Throw it into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- While your sugar is warming, place 9 cups of raspberries into a large 5 quart stockpot. Heat them up, mashing them with a potato masher or something similar while they heat. Once they reach a boil, allow them to boil hard for 1 full minute, stirring constantly.
- Once they've boiled for a full minute, add the warmed sugar to the raspberries. You'll want to boil this fruit sugar mixture for about 5 minutes, here's a trick to tell when the mixture is ready.
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - MUMMY IS COOKING
Category CondimentEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - NO PECTIN (3 INGREDIENTS)
SPICY SWEET RASPBERRY PEPPER JAM | OLD FASHIONED …
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY FREEZER JAM - INSPIRATIONAL …
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | THE BEST OLD FASHIONED JAM
NO FAIL RASPBERRY JAM - BEST OLD FASHIONED JAM RECIPE - PINTEREST
SIMPLE RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE RECIPE IN RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - RECIPE CIRCUS
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - NO PECTIN RECIPE
BREAKFAST LEMON, RASPBERRY & CREAM CHEESE OATMEAL CAKES
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
SIMPLE RECIPES OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY BLUEBERRY JAM - SEED TO PANTRY
TOP 41 OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM RECIPES
OLD-WORLD RASPBERRY BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
DELICIOUS RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE (WITHOUT PECTIN) - RURAL SPROUT
How To Make Old Fashioned Raspberry Jam Without Pectin (For All Berries)13K views-05:38
The Easiest Way to Make Homemade Raspberry jam from Scratch.- No Pectin or Artificial Flavorings.1.2K views-00:49
Old Fashioned Strawberry Jam | No Pectin | EASY Canning Recipe542 views-06:18
Old Fashioned Raspberry Buns8.2K views-09:37
Old Fashion Blackberry Jam Cake Recipe * HAUSWIRT MIXER REVIEW170K views-39:53
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make raspberries Jam?Directions Step 1 Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well. Bring... Step 2 Remove pot from heat and pour jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Seal and transfer...
How do you make sure jelly with raspberries?Step 1: Combine raspberries and sugar a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Step 2: In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Step 3: Stir Sure-Jell into boiling water until completely dissolved. Step 4: Pour this into the raspberry mixture.
How do you thicken raspberry jam with lemon juice?Over low heat, bring the raspberries and sugar to a boil. Then add the right amount of lemon juice. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the jam begins to thicken. To test this, spoon out a small amount and place it on a cold plate to chill quickly.
How do you store raspberry jam in a jar?Store properly sealed jars in a cool, dark place. This old fashioned raspberry jam recipe is easy to make with just two ingredients and no pectin. Its sweet, intense flavor is sure to be a favorite. Start by sanitizing jars and washing lids and rings. Then, place all of your half pint jars in a water bath canner and fill it with water.