Ensure that you don'tlose a drop of juice by nestling your shellfish in salt. Fill a shallow ovenproof servingdish with coarse salt or sea salt, and place oysters in it as you shuck them. This willprevent them from tipping as you fill theirshells and while you move them in and out ofthe oven. The salt also provides an attractive crystalline backdrop that retains heat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread salt in a shallow baking dish. Nestle oysters in their bottom shells in the salt.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, mustard, parsley, and butter; season with pepper. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon mixture on each oyster; top with bacon pieces.
- Bake until oysters curl and topping browns, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
EMERIL'S GULFCOAST FISHHOUSE RESTAURANT BAKED OYSTERS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 first course servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl combine the butter with the garlic, shallots, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. Stir to blend thoroughly, and then transfer to the refrigerator while you prepare the oysters.
- Set the oven to the broil setting or preheated to 500 degrees F. Position the top oven rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Season the oysters with salt and pepper. Divide the oysters evenly between 6 individual gratin dishes just large enough to hold the oysters in 1 layer. Shallow gratin dishes approximately 4 by 6 by 1-inch that have a volume capacity of about 8 ounces work well. Sprinkle the crabmeat evenly over the oysters in the ramekins. Using a small spoon, place dabs of the compound butter over the tops of the dishes, dividing the entire amount of butter evenly among the 6 dishes. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, grated cheese and olive oil. Sprinkle evenly over the oysters and transfer the gratin dishes to a large baking sheet and place in the oven. Broil until the crumbs are golden brown and the oysters are just cooked through and curled around the edges.
- While the oysters are baking, in a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and the olive oil. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the oysters from the oven and sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the tops of the oysters in the dishes. Return to the oven and bake until the crumbs are golden brown and the oysters are just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Remove the oysters from the oven, garnish with the remaining Parmesan and parsley, and serve immediately, with lemon wedges for guests to use according to taste.
BAKED PARMESAN OYSTERS
Garlic and parmesan coat these rich jewels of the sea. Serve them as a first course to an elegant feast or enjoy them as a main course on a bed of pasta and wilted spinach
Provided by Annacia
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven 375°F Oil a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic.
- In another bowl, combine crackers and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip oysters into oil mixture then coat with crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange in baking dish. Sprinkle with sherry and any remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes to brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.5, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 57.8, Sodium 183.8, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.7, Protein 11.6
BAKED OYSTERS BROWNEFELLER
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-low heat. Increase the heat slightly and add the onion, celery, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; sweat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the artichoke hearts, bread crumbs, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, and oregano. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the 4 cups rock salt on a sheet pan with sides and spread evenly. Set oysters atop the salt and divide the bread crumb mixture evenly among them. Place in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Bread crumbs should be lightly browned. Serve immediately.
My husband and I are oyster farmers, and this classic Oysters Rockefeller dish always delights our guests. It's deliciously simple! -Beth Walton, Eastham, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese, lemon juice and pepper. Spread kosher salt into 2 ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Shuck oysters, reserving oyster and its liquid in bottom shell. Lightly press oyster shells down into the salt, using salt to keep oysters level. Top each with 2-1/2 tsp. spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 450° until oysters are plump, 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 133mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 6g protein.
More about "oysters recipes baked"
EASY BUTTER AND HERB BAKED OYSTERS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
4.1/5 (60)Total Time 42 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 456 per serving
10 BEST BAKED OYSTERS WITHOUT SHELL RECIPES | YUMMLY
OYSTER RECIPES | RAW & COOKED OYSTERS | SIMPLY OYSTERS
BAKED OYSTER RECIPES & BROILED OYSTER RECIPES - OYSTER …
15 BEST OYSTER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Grilled Oysters. If you don't have an expert shucking hand, tossing oysters on the grill will make it easier. They won't open as much as mussels or clams do, but the top shell loosens in the heat.
- Oysters Kilpatrick. Top shucked oysters with bacon, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and butter for a sophisticated starter or light meal. Go for fresh, locally caught oysters if possible, since the dish is only as good as the base.
- Butter and Herb Baked Oysters. A buttery breadcrumb topping gives baked oysters a nice richness, while fresh lemon juice adds zing. Add chopped parsley, thyme, marjoram, or your favorite fresh herb blend to customize the flavor.
- Crispy Fried Oysters. With a crisp and crunchy cornmeal batter, fried oysters make the perfect seafood snack, salad topper, or po'boy filling. We've also included a recipe for homemade tartar sauce for dipping, but the jarred version works if you don't have time.
- Drago's Grilled Oysters. If you can't get to Drago's in New Orleans, make their famous charbroiled oysters at home with this recipe straight from the owner.
- Crispy Southern Fried Oysters. With just a few ingredients and only about 15 minutes of cook time, these Southern-fried oysters make a quick and satisfying meal.
- Seafood Gumbo with Oysters. Oysters, shrimp, along with crab meat and claws give this classic gumbo a ton of seafood flavor. Lots of veggies round this hearty Louisiana-style stew that really sticks to your ribs.
- Cornbread and Oyster Dressing. Many Southern Thanksgiving dinners just wouldn't be complete without oyster dressing or stuffing. But this fragrant and satisfying side tastes great any time of year, either with turkey or as an accompaniment to main dishes such as pork or chicken.
- Sauteed Oysters with Wine and Herbs. Tarragon, dry white wine, and butter add an earthy note to briny oysters, perfect for a dinner party or special meal for two.
- Slow Cooker Oyster Stew. Use your slow cooker to make this easy, set-it-and-forget-it oyster stew that uses just a few simple ingredients. Add chopped chives or green onions for a pretty and flavorful garnish, or sub in some half-and-half for an even creamier broth.
HOW LONG TO BAKE OYSTERS? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
THREE-CHEESE BAKED OYSTERS RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
10 BEST BAKED OYSTERS CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED OYSTERS PARMESAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY BAKED OYSTERS - AMYCASEYCOOKS
‘TIS THE SEASON ... FOR OYSTERS ON THE HOLIDAY TABLE – DAILY PRESS
FIRE BAKED OYSTERS - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
BAKED OYSTERS - CANADA'S FOOD ISLAND
BAKED OYSTER RECIPES NO SHELL RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPE: BAKED OYSTERS | VANCOUVER SUN
BAKED OYSTER RECIPES WITHOUT SHELLS : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
BAKED OYSTERS RECIPE - KITCHEN SWAGGER
You'll also love