SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
A splash of sherry enhances this hearty, easy-to-make black bean soup. For a milder flavor, remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno before dicing. -Tia Musser, Hudson, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Stir in the beans, broth, tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Add sherry and cilantro; cook 5 minutes longer., Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Place half of soup in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to the pan and heat through. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons sour cream and 1 teaspoon cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 556mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- For the soup: Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, onions, garlic and jalapeno and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the black beans, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and broth and simmer for 25 minutes so all the flavors can marry together.
- Blend half of the soup, using either a blender or an immersion blender, leaving some whole beans for texture.
- For the sour cream: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Taste for seasoning and plate topped with cumin lime sour cream and sliced green onions.
QUICK SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Heat a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion in vegetable oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, carrots, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash 1 1/2 to 2 cups of beans in a small bowl. Stir whole and mashed beans into the broth. Add corn. Cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve soup over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.6 calories, Carbohydrate 50.3 g, Cholesterol 4.5 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 13.6 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1507.5 mg, Sugar 5 g
INSTANT POT® SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP (VEGAN)
You don't have to soak beans when using an electric pressure cooker. Adjust the spices to your liking in this healthier, easy-to-make black bean soup that freezes well.
Provided by bd.weld
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Add onion and yellow pepper; cook and stir until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and chipotle powder. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, beans, and chile peppers. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 40 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 25 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Use a stick blender to blend beans until thick and creamy. Season with garlic salt. Serve with pico de gallo, red bell pepper slices, and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280.2 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 10.8 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 870.2 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
- In a medium saucepan, cover beans with cold water by 2 inches. Add one quarter each of onions and jalapenos and bring to a boil over high. Reduce to a rapid simmer; cook until beans are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer 1 1/2 cups bean mixture to an airtight container. Let cool, then refrigerate, and save for Mushroom and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole.
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and remaining onions; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft and golden brown, 10 minutes. Stir in remaining jalapenos, cumin, beans and their cooking liquid, and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until beans are soft, 20 minutes (if necessary, add up to 1 cup water to keep beans covered).
- Transfer 2 cups soup to a blender and add cornstarch. Puree until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Return to pot. Cook, stirring, until soup thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, top with avocado, diced onion, cilantro, yogurt, and tortilla strips if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 20 g, Protein 20 g
SPICY SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Drain black beans, and rinse.
- Combine beans, jalapenos, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Reduce heat to Low, and continue cooking for 2 hours, or until you are ready to eat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.4 calories, Carbohydrate 49.7 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 12.2 g, Protein 17.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 1012.3 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
Easy, spicy, and healthy. This will fill you up, and warm you up as well. Serve it with fresh lime wedges for a citrus kick. You could also serve it over brown rice.
Provided by aerobicon
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a 3 quart sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally until tender. This takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and spices, cook for about a minute.
- Stir in beans, broth, and can of tomatoes (including liquid from tomatoes). Add a pinch of salt, if you'd like.
- Heat to high heat until soup is boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/3 of mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. You can do more or less, depending on how thick you want the soup or how many whole beans you want in it. Combine pureed mixture with rest of soup and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.5, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 240, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 16.2, Sugar 5.4, Protein 15.1
People also searched
More about "spicy black bean soup recipes"
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
4.9/5 (534)Calories 342 per servingCategory Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions, celery and carrot and a light sprinkle of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetable are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the beans and broth and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, until the broth is flavorful and the beans are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer about 4 cups of the soup to a stand blender, securely fasten the lid, and blend until smooth (never fill your blender past the maximum fill line, and beware the steam that escapes from the top of the blender, it’s very hot). Or, use an immersion blender to blend a portion of the soup.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot, stir in the cilantro, vinegar/lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP FROM SCRATCH - PANNING THE GLOBE
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
Cuisine Tex-MexCategory LunchServings 8Total Time 50 mins
MEXICAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE | XX PHOTOZ SITE
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP | RECIPES | WW USA - WEIGHT WATCHERS
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - RECIPES.SPARKPEOPLE.COM
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - TASTINGTABLE.COM
QUICK + EASY SLOW-COOKER RECIPES AND MEAL IDEAS - PILLSBURY.COM
VEGAN SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP [VEGAN!] - MIDWEST FOODIE
SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP - HAPPY HEALTHY MAMA
TRY THIS BLACK-EYED PEA RECIPE BECAUSE 'WE NEED ALL THE LUCK WE …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #soups-stews #beans #low-fat #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #spicy #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #black-beans #healthy-2 #low-in-something #taste-mood
Spicy Black Bean Soup - Lynn's Recipes4.1K views-03:22
Spicy Black Bean Soup - Everyday Food with Sarah Carey38K views-04:58
Spicy Black Bean Soup w/ Poached Eggs (with The Domestic Geek) | Better Than Takeout | Food Network12K views-02:44
Easy One Pot Spicy Black Bean and Corn Soup930 views-05:20
Spicy Black Bean Soup ~ Microwave-Friendly!760 views-08:08
Spicy Chorizo & Black Bean Soup | KCTS 9 Cooks: Kitchen Classics606 views-11:11
You'll also love