GARLIC-HERB FRIED PATTY PAN SQUASH
The first time I grew a garden, I harvested summer squash and cooked it with garlic and herbs. This fried patty pan squash recipe is a creative twist. —Kaycee Mason, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Place squash in a large bowl. Mix oil, garlic, salt, oregano, thyme and pepper; drizzle over squash. Toss to coat. Place squash on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58 calories, Fat 3g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 296mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
SPICY SHEET-PAN SAUSAGE AND SQUASH
Like chicken thighs, whose rendered skin leaves behind a puddle of schmaltz for frying vegetables, bread or beans, sausage yields a delicious fat for cooking. Paired with butternut squash and crisped in a hot oven, its spicy fat slicks the sweet squash, while parsley and lemon cut through all the richness. Feel free to switch up the squash for carrots, broccoli, potatoes: Any vegetables that are good roasted will work well in that liquid gold. If the meal seems light, bulk it up by topping with a cup of feta or rinsed canned chickpeas, adding arugula or watercress to the parsley, or serving it all on a bed of kale or mustard greens, like a warm salad.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees and stick a large baking sheet in the oven. Prep the squash and sausage: Cut the squash into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices crosswise in half. Transfer to a large bowl. Score the sausages in a few places on both sides, making sure not to cut all the way through. Transfer to the bowl with the squash, then stir to coat with the olive oil and fat pinches of salt and pepper.
- When the oven comes to temperature, carefully dump the squash and sausage mixture onto the hot baking sheet and spread it out into a single layer. Roast, stirring every so often to coat the squash in the rendered fat, until the squash is tender and sausages are crisp and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. (To add some color, put them under the broiler for a minute or two.) Let cool slightly while you prepare the parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parsley and lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Slice the sausage diagonally in thirds. Serve the sausage and squash on a platter with a pile of parsley on top and sprinkled with an extra squeeze of lemon and flaky salt, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 542, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 886 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
FRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH SPICY HONEY
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt on a plate. Whisk the remaining 1 cup flour, the cornmeal, sage and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Pour the buttermilk into a medium bowl. Dredge the squash slices in the flour, dip in the buttermilk, then coat with the cornmeal mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on a rack set on a baking sheet.
- Heat about 2 inches vegetable oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F. Mix the honey and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Working in batches, fry the squash, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. (Adjust the heat as needed to maintain the oil temperature.) Remove with a slotted spoon and return to the rack to drain. Season with salt. Serve hot or at room temperature with the spicy honey.
More about "spicy pan fried squash recipes"
SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH - A SOUTHERN SOUL
3.5/5 (4)Total Time 34 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish
- In a large bowl, mix together buttermilk and eggs. Add squash and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain squash and dispose of milk mixture. Mix dry ingredients and dredge each squash piece in mixture, shaking off excess.
- In a cast iron skillet or heavy bottom pan, heat oil. Add squash rounds to cooking oil and cook until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack or paper towels on a plate. While still hot, sprinkle with salt and pepper flakes.
DEEP SOUTH DISH: SKILLET SQUASH
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
Category Side DishTotal Time 15 mins
EASY FRIED SQUASH RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
10 FRIED SQUASH RECIPES THAT ARE ABSOLUTELY IRRESISTIBLE
THE SECRET TO THE BEST FRIED SQUASH - SOUTHERN LIVING
FRIED YELLOW SQUASH - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
BEST SQUASH FRITTERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SPICY …
EASY HEALTHY PAN FRIED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE
SPICY PAN ROASTED CHAYOTE SQUASH - ZESTY SOUTH …
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED SUMMER SQUASH RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FRIED SQUASH MADE WITH 4 INGREDIENTS - I'M HUNGRY FOR THAT
SPICY PAN-FRIED SQUASH | RECIPESTY
ITALIAN-STYLE FRIED SQUASH RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH SPICY ONIONS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEST PATTY PAN SQUASH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PATTY PAN SQUASH
SPICY PAN-FRIED SQUASH
INA GARTEN’S 10 BEST RECIPES, ACCORDING TO HER BIGGEST FAN
13 EASY AND DELICIOUS CHAYOTE SQUASH RECIPES - WHIMSY & SPICE
45 HEALTHY AIR FRYER RECIPES FOR ANY TIME OF DAY - GOOD …
10 EASY CHAYOTE SQUASH RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
How to Make: Pan Fried Squash49.9K views-06:11
Fried Squash - The Easy Way - 100 Year Old Recipe - The Hillbilly Kitchen727K views-13:34
Fried summer Squash25.5K views-08:17
Grandmas Crispy, Fried Squash ♡♡346.9K views-12:01
Pan Fried Squash | How to cook yellow squash82.6K views-13:31
Fried Squash – Sauteed Zucchini – The Easy Way - 100 Year Old Recipe - The Hillbilly Kitchen98.4K views-19:57
You'll also love