GRILLED RIBEYES WITH HERB BUTTER
I make this recipe for special occasions. The tantalizing fragrance of the herbs de Provence is unforgettable. The seasoning and herb butter goes well with filet mignon, T-bone and steak strips, too. -John Baranski, Baldwin City, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add the steaks and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight., Drain and discard marinade. Combine the steak seasonings; sprinkle over steaks., Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°)., For herb butter, in a small bowl, beat the butter, parsley and horseradish until blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon herb butter over each steak.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 976 calories, Fat 77g fat (31g saturated fat), Cholesterol 232mg cholesterol, Sodium 1271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 61g protein.
HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK
If you've ever purchased herbs for a recipe and you have some left over, put them to good use by making an herb butter. This recipe uses parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme, because I have them growing in my garden. If your family prefers a different combination, go ahead and substitute what they like. The ratio is 1/2 cup of butter to 1/4 cup minced herbs, so use any herbs you like. Simply place a portion on top of a cooked steak, just like a fancy steakhouse would do.
Provided by Bibi
Categories Compound Butters
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place 7 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir cooked garlic into reserved softened butter.
- Press minced fresh herbs into the garlic-butter mixture using a rubber spatula, stirring and pressing until evenly distributed. Season with sea salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until slightly firmed up, about 20 minutes.
- Turn mixture out onto a 9x12-inch strip of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Form mixture into a log, about 6 inches long and 1 inch thick. Roll herb butter up in the foil or parchment, twisting the ends and closing with a twist tie or rubber band.
- Return to the refrigerator until firmed up, about 40 minutes.
- Slice into 8 equal portions and serve on top of steak or other dishes. Wrap and refrigerate any leftovers up to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.8 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 57.3 mg
GRILLED STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER
I don't know about where you live, but a typical summer in New York City can get hot and steamy. When the mercury is rising and even the street seems to be sweating, it's hard to think about turning on the oven--which makes this grilled steak an ideal summertime meal. When partnered with seasonal tomatoes made sweet by the hot summer sun, a rich, flavorful herb butter, and the coldest beer I can find, this steak is one of my favorite meals for battling the dog days of summer. If tomatoes aren't in season, serve it with a warming side of creamed spinach--a classic pairing!
Provided by Amanda Freitag
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- To make the herb butter by hand: In a large bowl, combine the butter, shallot, and parsley, mixing well with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until fully combined. Season with the salt and pepper, add the panko, mix again, and set aside.
- To make the herb butter in a food processor: Combine the butter, shallot, and parsley in the bowl of the food processor and pulse until blended. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Add the panko, salt, and pepper and pulse four or five times to mix. Transfer the herb butter to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill, a grill pan, or the broiler on high.
- Cut the tomatoes into four slices each. Place three slices on each of four plates. Season with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Grill the steaks to your desired doneness (see Cook's Note), remove from the grill, and spread 1 or 2 tablespoons of the herb butter evenly on top of each steak.
- Place one hot steak on top of each plate of the seasoned tomatoes and serve.
- Combine the butter, garlic, scallions, dill, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
This quick-and-easy skillet entree is definitely restaurant-quality and sure to become a staple at your house, too! -Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix 1 tablespoon butter with parsley, garlic and soy sauce., Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add steak; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 4-7 minutes per side. Serve with garlic butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 20g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 124mg cholesterol, Sodium 337mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 32g protein.
HERBED COMPOUND BUTTER
A compound butter - a stick of butter seasoned with herbs, lemon and garlic or shallots - is one of the most versatile things to keep on hand. You can store it in the freezer, then slice it whenever you want to add herby richness to a dish. Use it on steak, fish, chicken or even mashed or roasted sweet potatoes. And feel free to vary the herbs to suit your taste. For a kick, a pinch or two of chile powder or a drizzle of hot sauce would do the trick. This recipe is part of The New Essentials of French Cooking, a guide to definitive dishes every modern cook should master. Buy the book.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories sauces and gravies
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, mash together butter, shallots or garlic, herbs, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Spoon the butter onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, form into a log and wrap well. Chill for at least 3 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 104, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 1 gram, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 0 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 41 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "steak on a hot rock with wild herb butter recipes"
PERFECT GRILLED STEAK - JUICY AND SIZZLING! - IOWA GIRL EATS
5/5 (15)Servings 2-4Install 130Category 30 Minute Meal, Entree
- For the Steak Seasoning: Add ingredients to a mortar and pestle then coarsely grind. Alternatively, add ingredients to a heavy duty Ziplock bag, squeeze all the air out, then crush ingredients with a meat pounder, rolling pin, or heavy bottomed skillet.
- For the Herb Butter: Add ingredients to a bowl then stir with a fork to combine. Scoop herb butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap then shape into a thick log and refrigerate until firm (if time is of the essence you can freeze for 20-30 minutes.) Can be done ahead of time.
- For the steaks: Trim steaks of any big hunks of fat to avoid flare ups on the grill then pat dry with a paper towel. Rub each side with oil then season generously with the steak seasoning and press gently into steaks so it adheres - you should use most if not all of the seasoning.
- Light 2/3 or 1/2 of your grill burners (2 of 3 burners, or 1 of 2 burners, depending on how many burners you have) then heat on high for 10-15 minutes, or until the grill reaches 500 degrees. Add steaks to the lit side then sear on each side for 1-1/2 minutes (adjust accordingly if your steaks are bigger or smaller than 1lb cut 1-1/2" thick,) keeping the lid closed between flipping. Transfer steaks to unlit portion of grill then continue cooking for 7-10 minutes with the lid closed for medium doneness, or until they've reached your preferred level of doneness. Remove steaks to a platter then let rest for at least 5 minutes. Top with sliced herb butter then serve.
PAN-SEARED STEAK WITH GARLIC BUTTER | GIMME DELICIOUS
THE 28 BEST EVER STEAK RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
STEAK BUTTER - A FAMILY FEAST®
HOW TO COOK A STEAK DINNER AT THE CAMPFIRE | EPICURIOUS
Author Nick FauchaldEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
HOW TO GRILL STEAK - ALLRECIPES
STEAKHOUSE-STYLE GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SURF & TURF – HERB BUTTER STRIP STEAK WITH WILD ARGENTINIAN RED …
HERBED BUTTER STEAK (KETO LOW CARB) | SEEKING GOOD EATS
STEAK ON A HOT ROCK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
HOT ROCK COOKING RECIPES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MINUTE STEAK STACKS WITH HERBED ANCHOVY BUTTER RECIPE
HOW TO COOK STEAK ON THE STOVETOP (SIMPLE 3-STEP RECIPE) - KITCHN
STEAK BUTTER WITH FRESH HERBS | JULIE BLANNER
SIRLOIN STEAK WITH GARLIC AND HERB BUTTER RECIPE - HOME CHEF
BLACK ROCK STEAK SAUCE RECIPE RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
STEAK ON A HOT ROCK WITH WILD HERB BUTTER RECIPE - THE MAN'S …
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD – ALL FOOD RECIPES
GRILLED RIBEYE STEAK WITH HERB BUTTER - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
You'll also love