OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE
Bring back the taste of days gone by with this ooey-gooey mac-and-cheese classic. A little ground mustard and hot pepper sauce give it just the right spice. -James Backman, Centralia, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until almost tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard, pepper and pepper sauce until smooth. Cook for 1 minute or until bubbly. Stir in the macaroni, milk and 4 cups cheese. , Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts :
SUPER MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and celery and saute for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are very soft. Lower the heat and stir in the flour until well incorporated. Whisk in the hot half-and-half and then the wine. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes, or until the mixture has begun to thicken. Remove from the heat and beat in the cheeses, stirring until they have melted into the sauce.
- Stir in the macaroni and season, to taste, with hot sauce and salt. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole.
- If using the Parmesan, combine it with the bread crumbs in a small bowl. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the macaroni. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling and the top is golden. Serve hot.
SUPER CHEESY BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE
Get ready for the cheesiest mac and cheese you've ever made. Our amazing Super Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese Casserole really lives up to its name.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Macaroni & Cheese
Yield 5 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package. Stir in milk and mozzarella.
- Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar.
- Bake 20 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 940 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 16 g
OLD FASHIONED MAC AND CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Prepare the elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the flour until a cream colored paste forms. Then pour in the milk and stir constantly until this comes to a hard boil, then stir for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the macaroni is cooked, spread 1/2 of it into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of the grated onion, 1/2 of the salt and pepper and 1/2 of each of the cheeses. Repeat this one more time: macaroni, onion, salt and pepper and cheeses, and then pour the reserved white sauce over all. Top off with small pats of butter to taste.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401 calories, Carbohydrate 29.1 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 23.3 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 450.2 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
DELUXE MACARONI 'N' CHEESE
Our six grandchildren, who don't think a meal is complete without macaroni and cheese, love this creamy version featuring cheddar and cottage cheese.-Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese; mix well. Add macaroni and stir until coated. , Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 calories, Fat 13g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 492mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE
This has been one of my favorite side dishes. Make it a meal by adding leftover ham or some smoked sausage.
Provided by Douglas Poe
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cooked macaroni, butter, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk; pour over macaroni.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
OLD SCHOOL MAC N' CHEESE
This is a completely unpretentious, down-home macaroni and cheese recipe just like my grandma and mom always made. A simple white sauce where you add cheese and a few other flavors with macaroni and a potato chip crust. This recipe makes a lot, I like to make two pans so I can take one to a pot luck and have the other one to keep in the fridge for later. It's an easy recipe to adjust down if you only want to make one pan. If you aren't cooking it right away, just keep the topping separate until you are ready to put it in the oven.
Provided by Collette Duck
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Slowly add flour to butter, whisking constantly; cook until brown and the mixture no longer smells of flour, about 5 minutes. Pour 1 cup milk into the flour mixture, whisking continually until fully incorporated, about 45 seconds; repeat twice. Add remaining 3 cups milk to the mixture, whisking to incorporate. Stir Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper into the mixture; season with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook sauce, whisking frequently, until it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Add about half the package of shredded Cheddar cheese; stir continually until the cheese melts completely. Repeat with remaining half package of Cheddar cheese and the American cheese, about 4 ounces at a time. Once cheese is entirely incorporated, remove sauce from heat.
- Stir drained macaroni into the cheese sauce to coat. Divide macaroni between two 9x13-inch baking dishes.
- Mix crushed potato chips, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Top the macaroni with the potato chip mixture evenly. Spray the potato chip mixture with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the sauce is bubbling, 35 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.2 g, Cholesterol 75.9 mg, Fat 30.1 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 17.3 g, Sodium 783.4 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
People also searched
More about "super deluxe old fashioned macaroni and cheese recipes"
OLD FASHIONED MOM: PERFECT MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
BAKED OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - CANADIAN COOKING …
SOUTHERN-STYLE MACARONI & CHEESE - SOUTH YOUR MOUTH
OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - WEEKEND AT THE COTTAGE
SUPER DELUXE OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE – RECIPES …
OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - INSANELY GOOD
SUPER DELUXE OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
ASTRAY RECIPES: SUPER DELUXE OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE …
OLD FASHIONED BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - MUELLER'S RECIPES
SUPER DELUXE OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
DELUXE BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
OLD -FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - PREVENTION
RECIPE: SUPER DELUXE OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE (MF)
DELUXE MACARONI AND CHEESE - REAL MOM KITCHEN - PASTA
OLD FASHIONED BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE LIKE MAMA MADE
BEST-EVER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
10 OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES - CLICK AMERICANA
OLD-FASHIONED BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE | YANKEE RECIPE …
OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE | AMOTHERWORLD
CREAMY BAKED MAC AND CHEESE - RETRO RECIPE BOX
VINTAGE MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SUPER DELUXE MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH VARIATIONS - RECIPE …
10 BEST OLD FASHIONED BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPES
GRANDMA MAGGIE’S OLD FASHIONED MACARONI & CHEESE - DONNA REISH
SUPER DELUXE MACARONI AND CHEESE - WORKMAN PUBLISHING
OLD FASHIONED CREAMY MACARONI & CHEESE, SIMPLE INGREDIENT …
SUPER DELUXE OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - MASTERCOOK
OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - POLKADOTPOPLARS.COM
RECIPE: SUPER DELUXE MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH 4 VARIATIONS
MACARONI & CHEESE - OLD-FASHIONED RECIPE
ULTIMATE CREAMY BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE - SEASONS AND …
7 OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 | CHEESE ...
OLD-FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED MACARONI AND CHEESE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SUPER DELUXE MACARONI AND CHEESE WITH VARIATIONS …
Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese with Truffle oil.166 views-17:08
Old Fashion Baked Macaroni and Cheese82K views-09:16
Ol' School Macaroni & Cheese19K views-02:39
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CLASSIC MACARONI AND CHEESE! MY FAMOUS RECIPE! *SO DELICIOUS*595K views-08:27
How to Make Classic Macaroni and Cheese | Macaroni and Cheese Recipe | Allrecipes.com67K views-02:01
Baked Macaroni & Cheese1.4K views-00:12
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make old-fashioned macaroni and cheese?This old-fashioned macaroni and cheese is the easiest and best way to make this timeless classic. It’s cheesy, it’s quick, and it’s downright delicious. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 1.5-quart baking dish with butter or non-stick spray. Add cooked macaroni, butter, cheese, salt, and pepper to the greased dish.
How do you make macaroni and cheese with heavy cream?Remove pan from heat and whisk in grated cheese. Stir vigorously just until cheese has melted. Then whisk in heavy cream to adjust the texture and season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. In a mixing bowl combine sauce with sun dried tomatoes and drained macaroni and adjust seasoning.
How do you cook leftover macaroni and cheese?Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine cooked macaroni, butter, cheese, salt and pepper. Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Combine eggs and milk; pour over macaroni. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. “This has been one of my favorite side dishes. Make it a meal by adding leftover ham or some smoked sausage.”
How long do you Cook Mac and cheese in the oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine cooked macaroni, butter, cheese, salt and pepper. Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Combine eggs and milk; pour over macaroni. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. “This has been one of my favorite side dishes.