THE BEST BAKED ZITI
I am half Italian, was raised eating the finest Italian-American cuisine, and have filmed almost 2000 recipe videos, so when you consider all of those facts, it seems incredible that I have never posted a video for baked ziti. Hopefully I make up for that long wait by posting what I think is the best version of it.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cut down the length of each sausage with a sharp knife. Remove and discard casings.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan set over high heat. Add sausages and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up with a spatula, until the sausage begins to brown, and the onion turns translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add oregano, thyme, and rosemary and cook for 1 minute more. Pour in marinara sauce. Pour 1 cup water into each jar to rinse out remaining sauce; add to the saucepan. Stir together and bring sauce to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Turn off heat and reserve until needed. Before using, skim any excess fat that rises to the surface.
- While sauce simmers, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 or 2 minutes less than the directions on the package call for, about 8 minutes. Drain well and transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Carefully add the meat sauce and stir until thoroughly combined. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large 9x15-inch or 9x13-inch casserole dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer half of the pasta and sauce mixture to the prepared dish, then use a spatula to even out into a uniform layer. Top with 1/2 of the ricotta cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and then 1/2 of the grated Pecorino Romano cheese, being sure to distribute evenly. Top with the rest of the pasta and sauce mixture and give the pan a little shake to settle the sauce. Repeat the cheese application.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the casserole is piping hot, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Top with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 627.1 calories, Carbohydrate 58.1 g, Cholesterol 71.8 mg, Fat 29.5 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 30.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 1380.1 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
BEST ZITI EVER
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. In a large saucepan, heat marinara with 1 teaspoon basil until bubbling. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with sauce. Layer 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2, the sausage, 1/2 of the ricotta, and 1/2 the mozzarella. Spoon half of the sauce over top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 teaspoons basil and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 695.6 calories, Carbohydrate 71.3 g, Cholesterol 75.2 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 36.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 1617.5 mg, Sugar 17.5 g
THE BEST BAKED ZITI
Make and share this The Best Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Jenny Frenny
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Fill a large pot with water, add a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cook pasta as the package directs until al dente, then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add the rosemary and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes more then remove from pan and hold in a small bowl.
- Cook ground beef and sausage in the pan until done.
- Return the onion mixture and the spaghetti sauce to the pan. Add salt to taste. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- In greased baking dish, spoon 1/2 of the cooked pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, 1/2 of the meat sauce. Then repeat layering the rest of the ingredients in the same order: pasta, mozzarella cheese, and remaining meat sauce. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
BEST BAKED ZITI
Looking for a way to use up that leftover Tomato Sauce you made the other day? What better way than to try this ziti recipe! You can use canned sauce, but homemade is always better! Hope you enjoy this recipe! My kids practically grew up on it
Provided by Bev I Am
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain.
- In large bowl, combine ziti, 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley, egg, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- In a 9" x 13" pan (sprayed with cooking spray- for easy clean-up) pour 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce; spread ziti mixture evenly over sauce.
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce and spread evenly; sprinkle with parmesan cheese (I add additional mozzarella to the top as well).
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464.4, Fat 17.4, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 78.4, Sodium 479.9, Carbohydrate 53.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 7, Protein 22.7
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and saute until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the ground beef and sausage and cook until browned. Drain off almost all of the fat, leaving a bit behind for flavor and moisture. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a simmer and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove 3 to 4 cups of the cooked sauce to a bowl to cool down.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add some salt. Cook the ziti until not quite al dente.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, the ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, eggs and some salt and pepper. Stir together just a couple of times (do not mix completely).
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly combine (there should still be large lumps). Add the cooled reserved meat sauce and toss to combine.
- Add half the coated pasta to a large casserole dish or lasagna dish. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top, then top with half the remaining mozzarella. Repeat with another layer of the coated pasta and the remaining sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before sprinkling with chopped parsley to serve.
ITALIAN BAKED ZITI
This comforting Italian dish has a from-scratch spaghetti sauce, ziti pasta and a generous combination of cheeses. You can easily double the recipe to serve a larger crowd.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. , Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, basil and 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Cover and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. , Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper., Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the pasta, a third of the meat sauce and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and oregano. , Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431 calories, Fat 14g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 818mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
More about "the best baked ziti recipes"
THE BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
5/5 (4)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Place oil and garlic in large pan and sauté over medium heat just until fragrant. Add all of the tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes until thickened a bit. Turn off heat and add 1/2 cup of chopped basil. Save the remaining basil for after cooking.
- Pour heavy cream into a second large saucepan. While cream is cold, whisk in 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1lb of cottage cheese, 2 beaten eggs, 1 cup of the tomato sauce mixture, and half of the Parmesan and cubed mozzarella (reserving the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella for top of dish). Stir until combined (this mixture will now be a light red/pinkish color).
BAKED ZITI - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
THE BEST BAKED ZITI - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
THE BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE - MOMSDISH
WE TRIED 4 FAMOUS BAKED ZITI RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST
- The Speedy One: Maggiano’s Taylor Street Baked Ziti. Get the recipe: Maggiano’s Taylor Street Baked Ziti. Read more: I Tried Maggianos’ Famous Baked Ziti Recipe (It Takes Just 25 Minutes to Make)
- The One with the Super Sauce: RecipeTin Eats’ Baked Ziti. Get the recipe: RecipeTin Eats’ Baked Ziti. Read more: This Is the Most Flavorful Meat Sauce I’ve Ever Made, Thanks to 1 Smart Ingredient.
- The One That Lets You Do Things Your Way: Binging with Babish’s Soprano’s Inspired Baked Ziti. Get the recipe: Binging with Babish’s Soprano’s Inspired Baked Ziti.
- The One That Helps You Eat Your Greens: Smitten Kitchen’s Old-School Baked Ziti. Get the recipe: Smitten Kitchen’s Old-School Baked Ziti.
EASY BAKED ZITI - HOW TO MAKE BAKED ZITI - DELISH
TOP 40 SLOW COOKER BAKED ZITI WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPES
THE BEST BAKED ZITI (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
THE BEST BAKED ZITI | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
THE BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
TOP 45 THREE CHEESE BAKED ZITI RECIPE RECIPES
THE BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE - MORTADELLA HEAD
THE BEST EASY BAKED ZITI - THE WHOLESOME DISH
WHAT IS VEGETARIAN BAKED ZITI AND RICOTTA? – RECIPE AND NUTRITION …
15 EASY BAKED ZITI RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF - SELECTED RECIPES
THE BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE | MODERNMEALMAKEOVER.COM
THE BEST BAKED ZITI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST BAKED ZITI (POSTPARTUM ZITI) - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
BEST BAKED ZITI EVER - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
THE RICOTTA SWAP FOR SMOOTHER BAKED ZITI - TASTING TABLE
CHEESY BAKED ZITI RECIPE - THE DAILY MEAL
BAKED ORECCHIETTE WITH LAMB RECIPE FROM MATERA. – THE PASTA PROJECT
BEST EVER BAKED ZITI RECIPE - BAKER BY NATURE
BAKED ZITI RECIPE WITH RICOTTA CHEESE PDF
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #beef #pork #oven #european #italian #ground-beef #meat #pork-sausage #equipment
You'll also love