THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH
This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results! -Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 crusts (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, mix warm water and 1 teaspoon sugar; add yeast and whisk until dissolved. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. In a large bowl, whisk 3 cups flour, salt, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and, if desired, dried herbs. Make a well in center; add yeast mixture and oil. Stir until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead, adding more flour to surface as needed until no longer sticky and dough is smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a large greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes; transfer bowl to refrigerator and chill overnight. Allow dough to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before rolling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 121mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
THE BEST PIZZA CRUST
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, dry milk, butter or margarine, yeast, and warm water. Gather into a ball. Turn out an a lightly floured surface, and knead until the dough is smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot for 2 hours.
- Punch down the dough. Roll out to fit a 14 inch pizza pan. Allow to rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C) until crust is a very light brown color. Remove from oven.
- Place desired toppings on the pizza. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toppings are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 0.1 mg, Fat 1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 166.6 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
For your next pizza night at home, make Bobby Flay's homemade Pizza Dough recipe from Food Network, and finish it with your favorite toppings.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 2 (14-inch) pizza crusts
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
WORLD'S BEST PIZZA DOUGH
- Can do this in a food processor or stand up mixer. Place very warm water, yeast, and sugar in food processor and pulse to mix. Recipe suggests you use "hot to the touch" tap water, when it cools on your way to the processer, it will remain "very warm". Let sit while you measure your dry ingredients. Allow at least 3 miutes for the yeast to work. You should see small bubbles form in the liquid. Dump the dry ingredients in and turn on the fool processor (use the bread attachment if using a stand up). Mix until the dough forms a ball. If the dough is too wet add a bit of flour, but too wet is better than too dry. The dough will also loose some of it's stickiness as it rises. Place a T. of olive oil in a large bow. Lightly coat the ball of dough with the olive oil. Cover with clean kitchen town and let rise for at least an hour.
WORLD'S BEST PIZZA CRUST
My mom makes the best pizza crust on several continents. It's fast and easy. Excellent as a white pizza or traditional red sauce, any toppings go.
Provided by Isabeau
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 1 pizza, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Beat in ½ flour.
- Add salt, oil and rest of flour (add more if needed to make handle-able dough).
- Rise in oiled bowl.
- Place on greased pan.
- Add sauce, cheese, etc.
- Bake at 450 20 -25 minutes (til brown).
THE WORLD'S BEST BREAD MACHINE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
Make and share this The World's Best Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe recipe from Food.com.
Provided by FritzFamily
Yield 2 Pizzas
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Add ingredients to machine in the order listed.
- Set to "Dough" mode and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once completed, place in greased pan to rise about 20-30 min, and split in half.
- If you aren't going to use the dough right away, fear not. Simply divide the dough and place in ziplock bags, then stack flat to be used as needed.
- When the special day arrives, slap it on a cornmeal/floured surface, and roll flat, If you're fortunate enough to have a wife who doesn't mind you twirling it in her kitchen (like me -- as long as I clean up my own messes) -- have fun with it before going for the big-bake!
- Add light layer of sauce and pre-bake your crust at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
- Believe me--you'll want to follow this step (thank me later).
- Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice.
- Bake in oven at 400F degrees until done(approx 20 minutes, depending upon topping thickness).
- Enjoy! (When you've fully enjoyed yourself, be sure to take a picture and/or leave your review--updates/comments/suggestions are welcome!).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 975.1, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 2.3, Sodium 1649.2, Carbohydrate 180.1, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 5.6, Protein 24.5
ROBERTA'S PIZZA DOUGH
This recipe, adapted from Roberta's, the pizza and hipster haute-cuisine utopia in Bushwick, Brooklyn, provides a delicate, extraordinarily flavorful dough that will last in the refrigerator for up to a week. It rewards close attention to weight rather than volume in the matter of the ingredients, and asks for a mixture of finely ground Italian pizza flour (designated "00" on the bags and available in some supermarkets, many specialty groceries and always online) and regular all-purpose flour. As ever with breads, rise time will depend on the temperature and humidity of your kitchen and refrigerator. Our Greatest Pizza Recipes
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield Two 12-inch pizzas
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together 200 grams (a little less than 1 cup) lukewarm tap water, the yeast and the olive oil, then pour it into flour mixture. Knead with your hands until well combined, approximately 3 minutes, then let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead rested dough for 3 minutes. Cut into 2 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Place on a heavily floured surface, cover with dampened cloth, and let rest and rise for 3 to 4 hours at room temperature or for 8 to 24 hours in the refrigerator. (If you refrigerate the dough, remove it 30 to 45 minutes before you begin to shape it for pizza.)
- To make pizza, place each dough ball on a heavily floured surface and use your fingers to stretch it, then your hands to shape it into rounds or squares. Top and bake.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 518, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 104 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 15 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 324 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "worlds best pizza crust recipes"
BEST PIZZA DOUGH - AN ITALIAN IN MY …
4.9/5 Calories 265 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In the bowl of your stand up mixer (or a large bowl if you knead by hand) add the warm water and sugar, sprinkle the yeast on top, let sit for 5-10 minutes, then stir to combine. Continue with Machine or Hand.
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt, with the hook attachment start to combine on low speed #1, scrape the hook and then raise to medium speed #2 and knead for approximately 5-7 minutes or until you have a smooth elastic dough (scrape the hook halfway through kneading).
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt, then with a fork mix until the dough starts to come together. On a lightly floured surface remove dough from the bowl and knead until dough is smooth and elastic approximately 10 minutes (if dough is really sticky add a little extra flour).
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, roll the dough to cover lightly with the oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a large clean kitchen towel, leave in a warm draft free area until doubled in bulk, approximately 2 hours.**
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE. POSSIBLY …
20 BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE PIZZA CRUST AT …
THE BEST GLUTEN FREE PIZZA CRUST RECIPE - BEAUTY IN THE CRUMBS
THE WORLD'S BEST PIZZA CHEF'S SECRET TO MAKING NEAPOLITAN PIZZA …
WORLDS BEST PIZZA CRUST – RECIPEFUEL | RECIPES, MEAL PLANS, DIET …
BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE IN THE WORLD - FOODGURUUSA.COM
THE ABSOLUTE BEST THICK CRUST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - ANDREA'S …
THE 5 DOMINO'S CRUST TYPES IN THE USA | WHICH IS THE BEST …
21 WORLDS BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
TOP 50 WORLDS BEST PIZZA CRUST RECIPE RECIPES
MY FAVORITE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE FOR THE BEST PIZZA CRUST EVER!
TOP 50 BEST BREAD MACHINE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE RECIPES
TOP 42 BEST SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE RECIPES
THE BEST NEAPOLITAN-STYLE PIZZA CRUST RECIPE | FOODAL
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
WE TRIED 4 POPULAR PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST | KITCHN
THE BEST KETO PIZZA CRUST RECIPE DIET DOCTOR RECIPES
THE BEST THIN-CRUST PIZZA | KING ARTHUR BAKING
You'll also love