CHEESY ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH BACON
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut the zucchini into long noodles using a spiralizer (or use 1 pound store-bought zucchini noodles). Set aside.
- Put a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Spread on the hot baking sheet and bake until the tomatoes are slightly softened and just browned around the edges, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel¿lined plate and wipe out the skillet. Melt the butter in the skillet and add the scallion whites and garlic; cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add the flour and stir to combine, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the milk, mustard, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheese until smooth.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the zucchini is just softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the zucchini to the cheese sauce, leaving any extra liquid in the skillet. Cook over medium heat, gently tossing until coated; season with salt and black pepper. Top with the roasted tomatoes, bacon and scallion greens.
BEAUTIFUL ZUCCHINI CARBONARA
- Carbonara is a classic pasta sauce made with cream, bacon and Parmesan and is absolutely delicious. Try to buy the best ingredients you can, as that's what really helps to make this dish amazing. I'm using a flowering variegated variety of thyme but normal thyme is fine to use. When it comes to the type of pasta, you can serve carbonara with spaghetti or linguine, but I've been told by Italian mammas (who I don't argue with!) that penne is the original, so that's what I'm using in this recipe.
- Before you start cooking, it's important to get yourself a very large pan, or use a high-sided roasting pan so you can give the pasta a good toss.
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Halve and then quarter any larger zucchini lengthwise. Cut out and discard any fluffy middle bits, and slice the zucchini at an angle into pieces roughly the same size and shape as the penne. Smaller zucchini can simply be sliced finely. Your water will now be boiling, so add the penne to the pan and cook according to the package instructions.
- To make your creamy carbonara sauce, put the egg yolks into a bowl, add the cream and half the Parmesan, and mix together with a fork. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a very large frying pan (a 14-inch is a good start - every house should have one!), add a good splash of olive oil and fry the pancetta or bacon until dark brown and crisp. Add the zucchini slices and 2 big pinches of black pepper, not just to season but to give it a bit of a kick. Sprinkle in the thyme leaves, give everything a stir, so the zucchini is coated with all the lovely bacon-flavored oil, and fry until they start to turn lightly golden and have softened slightly.
- It's very important to get this next bit right or your carbonara could end up ruined. You need to work quickly. When the pasta is cooked, drain it, reserving a little of the cooking water. Immediately, toss the pasta in the pan with the zucchini, bacon and lovely flavors, then remove from the heat and add a ladleful of the reserved cooking water and your creamy sauce. Stir together quickly. (No more cooking now, otherwise you'll scramble the eggs.)
- Get everyone around the table, ready to eat straightaway. While you're tossing the pasta and sauce, sprinkle in the rest of the Parmesan and a little more of the cooking water if needed, to give you a silky and shiny sauce. Taste quickly for seasoning. If you've managed to get any zucchini flowers, tear them over the top, then serve and eat immediately, as the sauce can become thick and stodgy if left too long.
- "Our agreement with the producers of "Jamie at Home" only permit us to make 2 recipes per episode available online. Food Network regrets the inconvenience to our viewers and foodnetwork.com users"
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, BACON AND PARMESAN
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water to al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add the bacon and cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy. Add the zucchini and cook until it starts to soften. Place the cooked pasta over low heat. Add the reserved pasta water, cooked bacon, zucchini and the grated cheese. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.14 calorie, Fat 13.3 grams, SaturatedFat 5.3 grams, Carbohydrate 61.3 grams, Fiber 3.6 grams, Protein 22 grams
ZUCCHINI-BACON PASTA TOSS
A quick, savory side dish that includes veggies and starch in one with enough bacon and cheese that it may make a meat unnecessary. Its healthier cooked in olive oil but if you want to indulge substitute bacon grease. Prep time does not include cooking the bacon.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat olive oil in a very large skillet (I like to use my cast iron chicken fryer), and begin to saute onion on medium-high heat.
- When onion is half cooked add squash and saute, stirring frequently until onion is browned and squash is nearly cooked.
- Add bacon, Parmesan, and black pepper. Cover and let rest 3-5 minutes to soften cheese.
- Toss with hot pasta and 1/4 cup Asiago cheese. Turn into serving dish. Top with remaining Asiago Cheese.
ZUCCHINI, CORN, AND BASIL FUSILLI WITH BACON
- Cook bacon in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels; discard drippings from skillet.
- Meanwhile, cook fusilli in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quart water) until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then add vegetables to pasta in pot and cook, partially covered, 2 minutes (water will stop boiling). Drain.
- Add pasta with vegetables to skillet along with pesto and 1/4 cup reserved cooking water and toss. Season with salt and moisten with additional cooking water if necessary.
- Top with crumbled bacon and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
BACON ZUCCHINI PASTA
Feed your family this better-for-you Bacon Zucchini Pasta recipe. Tossed with zesty Italian dressing and topped with tasty Parmesan, this Bacon Zucchini Pasta recipe tastes great any night of the week, any month of the year!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini, water and dressing mix; stir. Cook an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Toss with pasta. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 460 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 8 g
PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI, TOMATOES AND BACON
This simple supper is a great way to use the last of garden zucchini and tomatoes. Adapted from Bon Appetit (September 2004)
Provided by ellie_
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook bacon in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel covered plate to drain. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippngs.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until soft about 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, simmer until reduced by 1/3 about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes and then add zucchini and cook for remaining time according to package directions. (about 10 minutes total time) Drain.
- Add pasta, zucchini, bacon, tomatoes and oregano to onion in dutch oven. Toss and cook over medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes or until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Add cheese, toss, and cook for another few minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve at once or this can be prepared ahead of time and reheated at 350°F until hot (about 30 minutes).
ZUCCHINI AND BACON BAKE
This is from my neighbour and good friend, Ronnie, who is mother to five great kids. They all love this concoction and so do we. It serves 6-7 unless it is put in front of our former French exchange student, Emma. In that case, it serves one.
Provided by Leggy Peggy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Before you start, you need to know that, you can speed up the preparation time if you use a food processor to grate the cheese and zucchini, and chop the onion.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients -- in the order listed. Mix well after each addition.
- Put everything in an 11" x 7" pan. A 9" x 13" pan works, too.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Check the bottom. It sometimes browns faster.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 521.2, Fat 41.6, SaturatedFat 11.9, Cholesterol 215.3, Sodium 682.5, Carbohydrate 20.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.5, Protein 16.2
More about "zucchini bacon pasta toss recipes"
ZUCCHINI, OLIVE & BACON PASTA - SOBEYS INC.
2.5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 510 per serving
PASTA WITH CREAMY ZUCCHINI SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
BEST SUMMER PASTA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI …
BEST ZUCCHINI BACON RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI …
ZUCCHINI AND BACON PASTA WITH BASIL - SERVING DUMPLINGS
CREAMY LEMON ZUCCHINI PASTA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PASTA WITH CORN, BACON, TOMATOES AND ZUCCHINI - THE SEASONED …
ZUCCHINI CARBONARA WITH BACON RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
ZUCCHINI PASTA RECIPE REVIEW | KITCHN
15 BEST KEBAB RECIPES - BBQ AND SKEWER RECIPES
25 BEST FRESH MINT RECIPES - HOW TO COOK WITH MINT FOR DINNER
CHICKEN PASTA BAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
RIGATONI WITH ZUCCHINI AND BACON - SERVING DUMPLINGS
LEMON ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH BACON - BIGOVEN.COM
BOW TIE PASTA SALAD RECIPE (WITH TOMATOES) | KITCHN
BACON ZUCCHINI PASTA BAKE RECIPE IN 45 MINUTES THE EASY WAY
ZUCCHINI PASTA | FEASTING AT HOME
3 ASPARAGUS RECIPES TO COOK THIS SEASON - THE NEW YORK TIMES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #pasta #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #summer #seasonal #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #savory #number-of-servings
Pasta Bacon Zucchini - Italian pasta in less than 30 minutes (AUTHENTIC)2K views-10:14
Cheesy Bacon Zucchini Bake Recipe - Easy Summer Side Dish46.4K views-02:44
One Pot Zucchini Ricotta Pasta with Bacon708 views-00:24
How to Make FRIED ZUCCHINI PASTA Like an Italian (Spaghetti alla Nerano)342.3K views-14:15
Guilt-Free Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Noodles Pasta Recipe - How to Make Zucchini Noodles824.5K views-03:09
4 Ingredient Zucchini Pasta Recipe33.8K views-00:26
You'll also love