BANANA COCONUT LOAF
- Mix together flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chopped walnuts, and cherries.
- Break eggs in a mixing bowl, and beat until light and frothy. Add sugar and melted butter or margarine. Beat well. Stir in mashed banana and flavoring. Add flour mixture, and stir just to combine. Spoon into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.6 calories, Carbohydrate 38.4 g, Cholesterol 51.3 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 285.9 mg, Sugar 20.3 g
Adapted from Dave DeWitt and Mary Jane Wilan's book ' Callaloo, Calypso and Carnival: The Cuisines of Trinidad and Tobago'. This easy-to-make, versatile bread can be served as soon as it is cool enough to slice for sandwiches, as a sweet with coffee, or even as a dessert. It is good just plain, or it can be embellished with cream cheese or butter. It freezes well.
Provided by evelynathens
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, butter and eggs together and then beat the mixture until light and fluffy. Add the mashed bananas and coconut and stir.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, salt, and soda. Stir this into the other mixture, string until smooth. Add the nuts if desired and stir again.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until the loaf tests done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2613.4, Fat 90.5, SaturatedFat 57.2, Cholesterol 534.5, Sodium 3015.8, Carbohydrate 417.3, Fiber 14.7, Sugar 198.4, Protein 42.8
COCONUT BANANA BREAD
White chocolate is the wonderfully different addition to this tropical-tasting bread. The moist slices are so scrumptious, they disappear as soon as I serve them.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a bowl, combine butter and sugar; mix well. Add eggs and extracts; beat on high speed until thickened. Stir in bananas. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to banana mixture. Fold in the chocolate, coconut and pecans. Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts :
BANANA, COCONUT & CARDAMOM BREAD
Savour the coconutty flavour of this gorgeous banana bread, which comes from the coconut oil and coconut yogurt. Try a slice toasted for breakfast or brunch with sliced banana
Provided by Cassie Best
Categories Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter a 900g loaf tin and line with a long strip of baking parchment. Melt the coconut oil or butter in a pan or the microwave. Mash the bananas and add the oil or butter, eggs, sugar and yogurt.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, crushed cardamom and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and whisk to a smooth batter. Pour into the tin and bake for 1 hr 10 mins until golden and risen. Insert a skewer into the centre of the cake to make sure it's cooked - it should come out with a few crumbs but no wet cake mixture. If needed, return the cake to the oven for another 5-10 mins, then check again, and keep going until it's cooked. Serve slightly warm. Once cool, keep in a tin for up to five days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 33 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
More about "banana coconut tea bread recipes"
BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT AND PECANS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory BreadsCalories 282 per serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the melted butter and sugar until just combined. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over-mix. Gently stir in the coconut and nuts (the batter will look lumpy).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center is relatively clean (tester should not be totally dry; the bananas keep it moist) and the top is golden brown. Do not overcook. Let the loaf cool in the pan for about ten minutes, then turn out onto rack. Slice while still warm or store in an airtight container. Toast individual slices for best results.
PECAN COCONUT BANANA BREAD RECIPE - SPEND WITH …
DELICIOUS COCONUT BANANA BREAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
COCONUT BANANA BREAD - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
COCONUT BANANA BREAD IS A FAVORITE! - BAREFEET IN THE …
HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT & PINEAPPLE
ALMOND FLOUR BANANA BREAD - IFOODREAL.COM
COCONUT BANANA BREAD - KYLEE COOKS
4.9/5 (44)Total Time 55 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchPublished Dec 16, 2021
BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT OIL | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
HEALTHY COCONUT BANANA BREAD - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
HAWAIIAN BANANA PINEAPPLE BREAD
COCONUT BANANA BREAD (EASY RECIPE) - HELLO LITTLE HOME
VEGAN BANANA BREAD - GIRL VERSUS DOUGH
CLASSIC BANANA TEA BREAD - MY HOME YOUR HOME OUR HOME
TOASTED COCONUT BANANA BREAD - A DELICIOUS BANANA BREAD RECIPE
10 RECIPES FOR PRIDE MONTH AS COLORFUL AS THE RAINBOW
INA GARTEN’S 10 BEST RECIPES, ACCORDING TO HER BIGGEST FAN
10 QUICK BREAD RECIPES STARRING BANANA, ZUCCHINI, ORANGE AND MORE
HEMP SEED AND BANANA BREAD RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
BANANA-COCONUT BREAD - EATINGWELL
21 OF THE BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPES - SIX SISTERS' STUFF
COCONUT BANANA BREAD | THAI KITCHEN - MCCORMICK
OUR 10 MOST POPULAR RECIPES FROM INSTAGRAM IN MAY
EASY BANANA COCONUT BREAD RECIPE WITHOUT BUTTER
BANANA MILKSHAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
COCONUT BANANA BREAD (EASY RECIPE) - BREAD DAD
25 BEST BUNDT CAKE RECIPES - WHAT TO BAKE IN A BUNDT PAN - DELISH
COCONUT BANANA BREAD RECIPE: SUPER MOIST AND EASY TO MAKE!
#time-to-make #course #preparation #breads #quick-breads #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love