APPLE GREEN-CHILE PIE WITH CHEDDAR CRUST
In this savory-sweet treat, apples are layered with roasted green chilies, made savory with Cheddar cheese in the crust and sprinkled with a streusel topping of walnuts and brown sugar. (Don't let making your own pie crust intimidate you: our pie guide has everything you need to know.)
Provided by Julia Moskin
Categories pies and tarts, dessert
Yield About 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make the crust: In a food processor or mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine flour and salt. Add butter one piece at a time, while pulsing or mixing at low speed, until mixture is fine and crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl and toss well with the cheese. Add ice water one tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with fingers just until dough holds together. To test, pinch a small amount of dough. If it is crumbly, add more ice water. Form dough into a ball, wrap loosely in plastic, then roll into a disk. Refrigerate at least one hour, or up to 3 days, before rolling. (Dough can be frozen for up to a month.)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a circle at least 11 inches in diameter. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan, preferably glass. Turn edges under to make a thick rim; flute rim by pinching into a zigzag pattern. Refrigerate until ready to bake, at least an hour.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, toss apples, green chilies and lemon juice together. In another bowl, mix dry ingredients and add to apples and chilies, tossing until thoroughly coated.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, mix flour, walnuts and brown sugar. Add melted butter and toss together until crumbly.
- Bake the pie: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Using a slotted spoon, scoop filling into chilled crust, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of juice from bottom of bowl. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling. Bake 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until filling bubbles at edge and crust is brown. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 401, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 198 milligrams, Sugar 29 grams, TransFat 1 gram
IMPOSSIBLY EASY CHEESY CHILE PIE
Make a savory dinner pie with the flavor of chiles rellenos (cheese-stuffed mild green chiles) but with only 10 minutes prep.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Sprinkle chiles, cheese and cilantro in pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 820 mg, Sugar 6 g, TransFat 1/2 g
GREEN CHILE CHEESE PIE
I love green chiles and this hits the spot! I just toss together a tomato and cucumber salad with this and I have dinner!
Provided by gardenz
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pre-bake the pie crust about 10 minutes at 375 degrees F and let it cool for a few minutes Spread 1 cup jack cheese and 1 cup cheddar on the bottom of pie crust.
- mix the eggs, half and half, chiles,and cumin and pour into pie crust.
- Salt and pepper to your taste and add the remaining 3/4 cup of jack cheese to the top Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2555.7, Fat 182.6, SaturatedFat 97, Cholesterol 1018.7, Sodium 2919.2, Carbohydrate 118.7, Fiber 8, Sugar 30.7, Protein 117.1
PEACH, GREEN CHILE AND CHEDDAR PIE
After tasting a fantastic green chile apple pie in a local restaurant, I knew I would have to try it with peaches. The result was fantastic! The combination of flavors in this unusual pie tells you what every New Mexican knows: Green chile goes well with everything! -Rd Stendel-Freels, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place flour and sugar in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. Add 1/2 cup cheese; pulse 1-2 times. Transfer flour mixture to a large bowl. Mix together egg yolk and 6 tablespoons ice water; gradually add to flour mixture. Toss with a fork until dough holds together when pressed, adding more water if needed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight., Preheat oven to 450°. Wrap chopped green chiles in 3 layers of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove excess moisture. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add peaches and green chiles; toss to coat., On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough portion into a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust even with rim. Sprinkle bottom with cheese. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining dough; make a lattice crust. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge., Bake on lower rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 calories, Fat 27g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 91mg cholesterol, Sodium 308mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (30g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
CALIFORNIA GREEN CHILE AND CHEESE PIE
Yield serves 6. serving size: 1 slice.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the piecrust just until pale golden, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Sprinkle the Jack cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese over the bottom of the partially baked crust.
- Evenly distribute the chiles over the cheese.
- Beat together the half-and-half, eggs, and cumin, if using, in a bowl, until blended. Pour over the chiles.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake on a sheet pan or cookie sheet for 40 minutes or until the center of the pie appears set when the pan is gently shaken. Let stand for about 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
People also searched
More about "california green chile and cheese pie recipes"
GREEN CHILI CHEESE PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs
GREEN CHILI PIE RECIPE | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
CALIFORNIA GREEN CHILI & CHEESE PIE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
GREEN CHILE HAND PIES - TRIED AND TASTY
IMPOSSIBLE GREEN CHILI PIE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
CALIFORNIA GREEN CHILE & CHEESE PIE | CHEESE PIES, GREEN CHILE, PIE
GREEN CHILI AND CHEESE PIE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SPICY GREEN CHILE CHEESE PIE | RECIPE | CRAVING4MORE
CALIFORNIA GREEN CHILE & CHEESE PIE RECIPE - IFOOD.TV
JESSE TYLER FERGUSON'S GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA PIE
IMPOSSIBLE GREEN CHILI CHEESE PIE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
GREEN CHILE CHICKEN TORTILLA PIE – PACIFIC FOODS CANADA
TAMALE PIE | Enchilada Cornbread Casserole | Simply Mamá Cooks1.4M views-09:08
How to make THE BEST Baked Green Chili Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe1.1M views-22:22
Easy Tamale Pie45K views-07:13
Mom's Tamale Pie Recipe18K views-07:39
How to Make Burrito Pie | Burrito Pie Recipe | Allrecipes.com21K views-02:47
HOW TO MAKE TAMALE PIE - Chicken Tamale Pie Recipe181K views-11:31
You'll also love