CAROLINA COLE SLAW
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard and celery seeds in nonaluminum medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and dressing comes to boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Combine cabbage, onion and green pepper in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until cold, tossing occasionally, at least 2 hours. (Can be made1 day ahead. Cover; keep refrigerated.)
NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE COLESLAW
this simple, spicy slaw is traditionally served in north carolina as a barbeque sidedish, as well as a crunchy topping on pulled pork sandwiches.
Provided by Red Hot Housewife
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 sidedish portions, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegars, sugar, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. add the cabbage and toss. let stand for 30 minutes, then toss and serve.
CAROLINA COLE SLAW WITH VINEGAR DRESSING
This goes great with our Carolina Pulled Pork Barbecue, or other grilled items. We love to have it at family picnics, partly because the vinegar based dressing is safer than mayo, but mostly because it's delicious! Crisp and refreshing! You can use red or green pepper. I don't usually add the tomatoes.
Provided by cathyfood
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 8 cups, 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine vinegar, sugar, oil, mustard, and celery seeds in a non-aluminum saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and dressing comes to a boil. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Combine cabbage, onion, pepper, and carrot in large bowl. Add dressing, toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, tossing occasionally, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add tomatoes just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150.7, Fat 8.6, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 83.6, Carbohydrate 17.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 13.2, Protein 2
CREAMY CAROLINA COLESLAW
This is wonderful with just about anything. You can substitute light mayo and light sour cream for the regular. I have even used Splenda for the sugar.
Provided by FloridaGrl
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Stir together first 1o ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix, tossing well to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 5.2, Cholesterol 20.3, Sodium 319.6, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 9.3, Protein 3
People also searched
More about "carolina cole slaw recipes"
CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE | THE BLOND COOK
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 15 minsServings 6
- In a medium bowl, prepare dressing: Whisk and combine mayonnaise, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
VINEGAR-BASED CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (384)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Side Dish, SaladCalories 264 per serving
CAROLINA STYLE RED SLAW - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
NO-MAYO CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE (SUPER YUMMY)
SOUTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CAROLINA COLE SLAW RECIPES - NDALU.UK.TO
SMOKED CAROLINA PULLED PORK SANDWICHES RECIPE | TRAEGER GRILLS
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CAROLINA COLESLAW - MSN.COM
CAROLINA COLESLAW - THE HAPPY HOME LIFE
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW | RECIPE | BOUNDED BY BUNS
CAROLINA COLE SLAW : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS - RECIPESCHOICE
CAROLINA COLESLAW RECIPES
NORTH CAROLINA COLESLAW - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SOUTH CAROLINA SLAW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Carolina Coleslaw is easy to make by the BBQ Pit Boys63K views-03:36
Carolina BBQ - How to Make Coleslaw83K views-04:07
Aunt Kathi's Carolina Coleslaw - 4th of July Recipe4.1K views-02:15
Carolina Hot Dog - Hot Dog with Chili and Cole Slaw27K views-02:18
Homemade Cole Slaw Recipe227K views-03:35
Tangy Vinegar Coleslaw Recipe (No Mayo Coleslaw!)58K views-08:54
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make homemade coleslaw?InstructionsCut the cabbage into quarters, and then cut out the core. Slice the cabbage into thin shreds. ...Peel the carrots and grate with either a hand grater or a food processor. ...Peel and dice the onion.In a large bowl, stir the dressing ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste.Add the cabbage to the dressing and mix thoroughly.
How to make the best coleslaw ever?How to Make ColeslawShred Cabbage: Finely shred cabbage using a mandoline, a food processor, or make thin slices with a knife. ...Prep Dressing: Whisk the dressing ingredients in a large bowl (per the recipe below).Combine & Chill: Add the cabbage and carrots to the dressing and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Can you make cole slaw without Mayo?Vinegar based coleslaw is an excellent no mayo coleslaw recipe for those who love coleslaw but don't love mayonnaise. It's an easy combination of cabbage, carrots and onion mixed with an apple cider vinegar dressing.
How to make cole slaw?Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, dijon mustard, sugar, and celery seed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cabbage and carrots and mix to thoroughly combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.