FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS
Our simple Asian-inspired kabobs are delicious served with a homemade mint-yogurt dip. If you don't have Chinese five-spice powder on hand, chili powder works just as well. Budget dinner price: $2.43 per serving.
Provided by ElizabethKnicely
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Thinly slice steak across grain. If necessary, flatten slices with palm of hand or meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. In a medium bowl combine beef, soy sauce, and five-spice powder; toss to coat beef. Thread beef on skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading).
- For charcoal or gas grill, grill kabobs on rach of covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine yogurt and snipped mint. From one lime, finely shred 1 teaspoon peel. Juice the lime. Stir peel and 1 tablespoon juice in to yogurt. Cut remaining lime in wedges, if desired. Serve kabobs with yogurt sauce, mint, and lime.
- Serve skewers with yogurt sauce and lime wedges. Top with additional fresh mint.
- SERVING SUGGESTION:.
- Serve with fresh carrot ribbons. Use a vegetable peeler to make thin ribbons. Toss with a squeeze of lime juice and lightly sprinkle with five-spice powder.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before grilling.
- CHANGE UP:.
- Another time substitution bottled barbecue sauce and chili powder for the soy sauce and Chinese five-spice powder. Substitute sour cream and cilantro for the yogurt and mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243.6, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 4.4, Cholesterol 91.8, Sodium 327.5, Carbohydrate 4.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 0.7, Protein 31.9
CHINESE FIVE SPICE
I regularly mix up my own spice blends. I have recipes of Indian and Mexican spice blends, too. But my favorite is this Chinese five spice version with its strong anise flavor. It's so convenient to make this mix from pantry staples I have on hand. -Lydia Scott, Englehart, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1/2 cup.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine all ingredients (in batches if necessary); grind until mixture becomes a fine powder. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 8 calories, Fat 1g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 2mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
People also searched
More about "chinese five spice beef kabobs recipes"
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS - JUST A TASTE
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 211 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey and Chinese five-spice powder. Add the sliced steak and toss to combine.
- Thread the steak onto wooden or metal skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to using them.)
- Cook the kabobs over medium-high heat on a grill or stovetop grill pan, flipping them once, for about 5 minutes or until they reach your desired doneness.
CHINESE FIVE SPICE BEEF KABOBS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
1/5 Calories 212 per servingServings 5
10 BEST FIVE SPICE BEEF CHINESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS | MIDWEST LIVING
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS RECIPE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
Cuisine Asian-AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory BeefCalories 297 per serving
- If using wooden skewers, cover about 12 of them with water and let soak until ready to use. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper, and five-spice powder in a medium bowl. Add beef and toss to combine. Cover and chill for an hour.
- Heat broiler to high and arrange rack in the lower third of the oven. Thread 4 pepper pieces and 3 beef pieces onto each skewer, starting and ending with the pepper, alternating between each. Place on a baking sheet and broil about 10 minutes or until browned and blistered.
CHINESE FIVE SPICE BEEF KABOBS RECIPE
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS - BIGOVEN.COM
CHINESE 5 SPICE BEEF RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
CALORIES IN CHINESE FIVE SPICE BEEF KABOBS - CALORIE, FAT, CARB, …
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
RECIPES THAT USE CHINESE FIVE-SPICE POWDER
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS | BIGGER HOMES & GARDENS
CHINESE FIVE SPICE RECIPES BEEF: 7 BEST HEALTH BENEFITS
FIVE-SPICE BEEF KABOBS RECIPE - FOODHOUSEHOME.COM
BELL PEPPER AND CHINESE FIVE SPICE RECIPES - SUPERCOOK.COM
FIVE-SPICE PORK KABOBS | RECIPE | BEEF KABOBS, SPICED BEEF, BEEF …
Easy Marinated Beef Kabobs31.3K views-03:03
Garlic & Chinese Five-Spice Strip Steak Recipe from the Certified Angus Beef Brand367 views-00:32
Beef seekh kabob| Easy recipe504 views-03:59
Chinese Pork Skews - Pork Kebab Recipe - How To Cook 5 Spice Pork2.7K views-05:21
Beef Satay Recipe - Thai-Style Grilled Beef Skewers573.2K views-06:10
You'll also love