CREAMY POTATO AND LEEK SOUP
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir leeks, garlic, salt, and pepper in the hot butter until leeks are tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth and cornstarch together in a bowl until cornstarch is dissolved; pour over the leek mixture. Add potatoes to the broth mixture and bring to a boil; season with onion powder and garlic powder. Reduce heat, add half-and-half to broth mixture, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and blend soup using a hand blender until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Carbohydrate 28.9 g, Cholesterol 40.1 mg, Fat 13.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 538.9 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
CREAM OF LEEK SOUP
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, until combined, 1 minute.
- Whisking constantly, add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes. Add tarragon.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In batches, fill a blender halfway with mixture and puree until smooth; to allow heat to escape, remove cap from hole in lid, cover lid with a dish towel, and hold down firmly while blending. Return soup to pot as pureed.
- Heat over medium until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Thin with broth or water, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 263 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 8 g
WINNING CREAM OF LEEK SOUP
I got this recipe from an old family friend, who gave me my first batch of leeks, too! This soup quickly became our family favorite. I enjoy making hearty dishes like this one-and I especially like cooking with pork when I can...my husband and I raise hogs.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Clean leeks carefully, rinsing well to remove soil. Cut into 1/2-in. pieces. Steam in covered container with 1/2 cup water until tender (can do this in microwave); Do not drain. Set aside., Melt butter in a large saucepan; add flour, stirring constantly until smooth. Cook 2-4 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly until flour is thoroughly cooked. Gradually add chicken stock, stirring with wire whisk; bring to boil. Turn heat to low; add cream, seasonings, leeks, potato and ham. Do not boil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253 calories, Fat 18g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 570mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
CREAM OF LEEK SOUP
My husband discovered this wonderful soup recipe on a cold winter day. It is wonderful served hot with a slice of french bread or with croutons and bacon bits.-Karen Turner, Grand Junction, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (3 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut leeks into 1/4-in. slices. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute leeks and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until bubbly. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes. , Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pan. Add milk and cream; heat through. Garnish with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 756mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CREAMY LEEK SOUP
I usually pair leeks with potatoes to make a creamy puree, but this time I used basmati rice, and the results are comforting and delicious. You could add something creamy to this if you wanted to - yogurt or milk or creme fraiche. But I found it utterly satisfying with no further enrichment.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories soups and stews, appetizer, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot and add the leeks and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until leeks are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for about a minute, until the garlic smells fragrant. Add the stock or water, the rice, bay leaf and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Taste and adjust salt. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender or a food mill, or in batches in a blender, taking care to remove the lid or take out the center insert and to cover with a towel to avoid hot splashes. Return to the pot, heat through, and add pepper to taste and a pinch of cayenne if desired. Serve hot or cold. If you wish you can thin out with milk, plain yogurt or a combination of milk and creme fraiche. Garnish with chopped chives or croutons.
CREAMY LEEK SOUP
- Wash sliced leeks in a large bowl of cold water, agitating them, then lift out and drain well in a colander.
- Cook leeks, onion, carrot, celery, salt, and pepper in 4 tablespoons butter in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Peel potato and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, then add to onion mixture along with wine, stock, water, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and simmer soup, uncovered, 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf and keep soup at a bare simmer.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a 1-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, then add flour and cook roux, whisking, until golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 2 cups simmering stock (from soup), whisking vigorously (mixture will be thick), then whisk mixture into remaining soup and return to a simmer, whisking.
- Blend soup in 4 batches in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), about 1 minute per batch, transferring to a 3- to 4-quart saucepan. Reheat if necessary, then season with salt and pepper.
- Beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until it almost forms soft peaks. Serve soup topped with cream.
CREAM OF LEEK AND POTATO SOUP
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring the leeks, potatoes, water, and salt to the boil over high heat. Cover partially, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Correct the seasoning, to taste, and puree with a handheld immersion blender, or in batches in a food processor.
- Whisk in the cream and reheat before serving. Top each serving with a dollop of creme fraiche and sprinkling of fresh chives.
CREAMY LEEK & BEAN SOUP
This healthy, low-fat soup is based on the classic leek and potato, but cannellini beans replace the potatoes - as they contribute to your 5-a-day
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Lunch, Soup, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the leeks and cook on a low-medium heat for 5 mins. Pour in the bouillon, tip in the beans, cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in the garlic and spinach, cover the pan and cook for 5 mins more until the spinach has wilted but still retains its fresh green colour.
- Add the milk and plenty of pepper, and blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Ladle into bowls and chill the remainder.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
CREAM OF LEEK SOUP
Make and share this Cream of Leek Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by PinkCherryBlossom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat butter and sauté vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise and add cream, reheat if needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.4, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 55, Sodium 77.9, Carbohydrate 16, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 2.8, Protein 2.3
CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP II
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease and set aside. Sautee the leeks in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the fried leeks, heavy cream and bacon. Stir to blend and remove from heat. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 739.2 calories, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Cholesterol 109.1 mg, Fat 49.5 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 20.6 g, Sodium 1311.3 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
More about "creamy leek soup recipes"
BEST POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE POTATO LEEK …
CREAM OF LEEK SOUP RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
TRY MY CHEAP RECIPES FOR LEEK AND POTATO SOUP AND HEARTY RAGU
CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP (WITH BACON) - KYLEE COOKS
CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP - CHEF'S PENCIL
CREAMY LEEK SOUP RECIPE (DAIRY-FREE) – STEPH GAUDREAU
POTATO LEEK SOUP RECIPES
CREAMY LEEK SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
TUSCAN BEAN SOUP - MINESTRA DI FAGIOLI | GIANGI'S KITCHEN
CREAM OF LEEK AND GREEN GARLIC SOUP - COOK WHAT YOU LOVE
POTATO LEEK SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
RECIPE: HEARTY BELGIAN-STYLE CHICKEN WATERZOOI SOUP - VICTORIA …
LEEK SOUP RECIPES FOR DINNER | HUBPAGES
CREAMY VEGAN POTATO LEEK SOUP - MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
CREAMY LEEK AND POTATO SOUP | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
POTATO LEEK SOUP COOKIN COOKING – THEMELOWER
CREAMY LEEK SOUP ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #appetizers #soups-stews #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #inexpensive #equipment #small-appliance
You'll also love