CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- In a medium pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, until combined, 1 minute.
- Whisking constantly, add broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bring to a simmer. Cook until broccoli is very tender, 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. In batches, fill a blender halfway with mixture and puree until smooth; to allow heat to escape, remove cap from hole in lid, cover lid with a dish towel, and hold down firmly while blending. Return soup to pot as pureed.
- Add cream and heat over medium until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Thin with broth or water, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 10 g, SaturatedFat 11 g
QUICK CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
WHEN OUR two sons left home (in the same year) to build their own "nests", we had lots of adjustments to make, especially in our menus. This recipe works well for us. It's easy, healthy and tasty. My husband's favorite vegetable is broccoli, so this soup makes his day! -Elsie Quance, Newark, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add the broccoli, onion, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Let cool for 10 minutes. , Pour into a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to pan; add milk and heat through. Top each serving with a teaspoon of butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 1499mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
BEST CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium sized stock pot, and saute onion and celery until tender. Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the soup right in the cooking pot.
- In small saucepan, over medium-heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk. Stir until thick and bubbly, and add to soup. Season with pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.2 calories, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 31.9 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 9.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 528 mg, Sugar 7 g
EASY CHEESY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
This is a fast but delicious soup recipe for those who like broccoli soup but don't like the canned taste. I use light cheese and 98% fat-free soup to reduce the fat content of the soup.
Provided by Keli Oelerich
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare broccoli according to directions. Drain off excess water.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and one can of milk to broccoli. Stir and heat thoroughly on low.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Your quick and creamy soup is ready to serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 331.1 calories, Carbohydrate 24.9 g, Cholesterol 39.5 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 21.9 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 1909.8 mg, Sugar 13.7 g
EASY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth, broccoli, potato, and 2 cups water; season generously with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until broccoli and potato are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender (fill it no more than halfway) and return to pot. Stir in cream and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8 g
CREAMY BROCCOLI SOUP
- Bring broth to a boil. Add broccoli and onion. Cook for five minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- In a separate bowl, slowly add milk to flour, and mix until well blended.
- Stir flour mixture into broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup is thick and bubbly. Add cheese if desired; stir until melted. Add seasonings and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160.8 calories, Carbohydrate 9.1 g, Cholesterol 27.6 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 480.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
SIMPLE CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large pot, melt butter and cook onion until tender over medium high heat. Add potato and toss to coat with butter. Add hot stock and bring to a simmer. Stir in broccoli and return to a simmer. When potato and broccoli are tender, puree in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to pot and add cream. Season to taste and serve warm.
EASY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
This soup is comfort food at it's best! It makes a good lunch or dinner with some sandwiches. I use vegetable broth to make it vegetarian friendly for my sister. Enjoy!!
Provided by Mary_K
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add diced celery, onion, and garlic to butter. Allow 2 minutes to soften.
- Stir in flour and continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in veg. broth & frozen broccoli. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon out most of the big chunks of broccoli.
- Mash the broccoli with a potato masher or puree in a blender -- return broccoli to soup.
- Add milk and cubed cheese. Stir occasionally until melted and well combined.
- Season with black pepper &/or hot sauce for a kick!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262, Fat 17.9, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 49.8, Sodium 404.9, Carbohydrate 16, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 1.9, Protein 11.3
EASY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
Make and share this Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Boil water in medium saucepan.
- Add broccoli and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender and drain.
- Place half of broccoli and chicken broth in food processor or blender, cover.
- Process until smooth.
- Melt butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- I like to cook the flour for a minute, stir constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add broccoli mixture and remaining chopped broccoli.
- Heat through and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197.8, Fat 12.7, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 36.9, Sodium 372.6, Carbohydrate 14.3, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 1.5, Protein 8.2
More about "easy cream of broccoli soup recipes"
CREAMY BROCCOLI SOUP - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CREAM OF BROCCOLI LEAF SOUP - THE HOUSE & HOMESTEAD
CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
20 MINUTE BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE - GONNA WANT SECONDS
CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP - ALLRECIPES
CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
TOP 45 EASY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE BY MAYA'S RECIPE'S - COOKPAD
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI BUBBLE UP CASSEROLE RECIPE - LANA'S COOKING
BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE (EASY & FREEZABLE!) - WHOLESOME YUM
20+ EASY, COMFORTING & CREAMY DINNER CASSEROLE RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP – 45 BEST SIDES
HEALTHY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP - SKINNYTASTE
POTATO BROCCOLI SOUP (SO EASY) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP RECIPE 5 INGREDIENTS WHOLESOME YUM
CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
BROCCOLI SOUP - THICK & CREAMY! | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND STUFFING · EASY FAMILY RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #bisques-cream-soups #lunch #soups-stews #american #vegetarian #dietary #comfort-food #inexpensive #taste-mood
How to Make the Best Cream of Broccoli Soup | Allrecipes.com219.7K views-02:13
Cream of Broccoli Soup204K views-05:25
Broccoli Soup Best Ever Homemade Old Fashioned (Easy Recipe) - Gordon Ramsay2.1M views-05:21
Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe | Cozy Winter Soup Recipe | Easy & Healthy Veg Soup | Broccoli Recipes401.1K views-04:52
Cream of Broccoli Soup | Easy Homemade Broccoli Soup Recipe | Dassana's Veg Recipes6K views-02:27
Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe18.7K views-00:43
You'll also love