This is the most basic recipe for a slightly thick pancake. It's just as easy to make a quick homemade batter as it is to open a box mix, which needs ingredients added to it anyway. And using organic ingredients seems to give the pancakes a cleaner and truer flavor.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 cups batter; 16 4-inch pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place a heat-proof platter into a warm oven (at 200 degrees).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add in the egg, milk, and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Whisk from the center, slowly incorporating the flour. Rest the batter for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large well-seasoned cast-iron skillet or favorite griddle over medium-high heat. Swirl the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet (or use oil to coat the griddle) and immediately pour in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. When bubbles rise to the surface, flip the pancakes, slightly reduce the heat, and cook until the bottoms are golden and the centers are cooked, about 1 minute. (Rarely does the first pancake work because it takes a bit of time to get in the groove with the heat, fat, and batter.)
- As the pancakes come out of the skillet, place them on the warm platter in the oven until ready to serve. Serve a stack of 3 pancakes, topped with more butter and the maple syrup.
GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES
I used to use Krustease Buttermilk pancake mix for many years, always wih success.I don't know why I even tried this recipe, but I'm so glad I did! I hope you will try it and enjoy it too. If you have a small or medium ice cream scoop, it's great to scoop up the batter and pour it onto the griddle! Feel free to add your favorite fruits, chocolate chips, even trail mix into the batter.Whenever I make pancakes, I always prepare the batter the night before, it just seems to make them better. I always throw away the first one, maybe two pancakes, until the grill gets just right.Source: KVVU
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 163.9, Fat 6.5, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 40, Sodium 515.6, Carbohydrate 21.8, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.7, Protein 4.5
OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES
- Resift flour with sugar, baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Combine melted butter, egg and yolk and whisk in milk. Preheat the griddle
- With a few swift strokes fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Do not overmix; keep the batter lumpy so they will turn out light. Cook the pancakes on the griddle, using a scant 1/4 cup for each pancake. Turn them over when bubbles form over the entire surface of the pancake and cook for a few minutes on the other side. Serve hot with maple syrup. For dinner, serve hot with a saute of apples and raisins and along with either slices of bacon or topped with cottage or ricotta cheese.
OLD-FASHIONED POTATO PANCAKES
If you're looking for a change of pace for breakfast, try these old-fashioned potato pancakes. They were my grandmother's favorite breakfast dish, and the recipe has been passed down through the generations.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 7-9 pancakes.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse potatoes in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, parsley, salt and pepper. , Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a well-greased hot griddle. Fry in batches 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 142mg cholesterol, Sodium 878mg sodium, Carbohydrate 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 10g protein.
OLD-FASHIONED BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
This is my mother's and grandmother's recipe from Western Tennessee. I have never found anything that comes close to the flavor of these pancakes. Add small berries for a different flavor boost. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Provided by Tim Wong
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Add buttermilk, eggs, and butter; stir together until well blended but do not stir out all of the small lumps. Overmixing the batter will make the pancakes tough and rubbery.
- Pour oil on a paper towel and spread over the griddle to grease lightly. Test the griddle with a few drops of water; water should dance across the surface and not instantly steam and evaporate.
- Working in batches, drop 1/4 to 1/3 cupfuls batter for each pancake onto the hot griddle. Cook until the sides start to shine and look stiff, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, about 2 more minutes. Repeat to make remaining pancakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104.5 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 28.3 mg, Fat 3.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 295.9 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
HEALTHIER GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES
I loved this pancake recipe. Way better than a mix at the store but I wanted to cut a little of the fat. I make them with less butter, egg whites instead of a whole egg, and nonfat milk. They are so fluffy and tasty plus I feel great about giving them to my family.
Provided by MakeItHealthy
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in milk, egg whites, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake, pour or scoop batter onto griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22 g, Cholesterol 8.4 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 554.9 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
More about "good old fashioned pancakes recipes"
OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKES (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
9 OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKE RECIPES FROM GRANDMAS AND …
Author Mary Claire Lagroue
- Good Old Fashioned Pancakes. View Recipe. "This is a great recipe that I found in my Grandma's recipe book. Judging from the weathered look of this recipe card, this was a family favorite," recipe contributor Dakota Kelly says.
- Grandma's Buttermilk Pancakes. View Recipe. These basic buttermilk pancakes will convince you to make the switch from boxed mix for good. Recipe contributor Daniel Roberts calls them the best.
- Grandad's Pancakes. View Recipe. "This secret family pancake recipe was passed down from my grandfather. He fed a family of seven (including four growing boys!)
- Grandma's Sourdough Pancakes. View Recipe. "My Southern grandma made these wrapped around North Carolina sausages. They are denser than traditional pancakes," recipe contributor gololly says.
- Grandma Mary's Cornmeal Pancakes. View Recipe. "Originally made by my great-grandma Mary who made them when she couldn't afford anything more than cornmeal," recipe contributor JD Randall says.
- Grandma's Gingerbread Pancakes. View Recipe. "My dear Grammie was making gingerbread one morning and my brother and I arrived, starving! She altered the recipe slightly, put it on the grill, and the result is this delicious recipe.
- Grandma's Soul Food Pancakes (with Plantains) View Recipe. "My grandmother is from Mississippi. I call these her 'soul food' pancakes because she grew up at a time when people who had very little made simple meals taste super delicious.
- Pancakes from Scratch. View Recipe. "My grandfather's recipe for thick and amazing pancakes! Serve with real maple syrup," recipe contributor Kaylee Sawyer says.
- Mom's Buttermilk Pancakes. View Recipe. "These pancakes are passed down from my grandmother, who was fully Scandinavian. They are light and fluffy, and great with berry syrups," home cook Cinnken says.
- Get More Breakfast Inspiration. Browse all of our Pancake Recipes. Our 20 Best Pancake Recipes of All Time. 15 Fancy Breakfast Recipes to Make For Your Next Special Occasion.
TOP 50 OLD FASHIONED BUCKWHEAT PANCAKE RECIPE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES | ALLRECIPES.COM
OLD FASHIONED CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS WITH BISCUITS RECIPES
GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES | RECIPELION.COM
OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKES - COMMAND COOKING
OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKES RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE THE GOOD-OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES, HOMEMADE …
OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES - I AM BAKER
GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES - RECIPES A TO Z
OLD FASHIONED SOUR BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES RECIPE RECIPES
GOOD OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKES RECIPE - THE AUSSIE RECIPE
TOP 41 OLD FASHIONED BUCKWHEAT PANCAKE RECIPE RECIPES
GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES | SAM | COPY ME THAT
BEST GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES - COOKGEM.COM
GOOD OLD-FASHIONED PANCAKES RECIPE (WITH VIDEO) - NMTG
BEST GOOD OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #american #kid-friendly #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something #toddler-friendly #equipment
How to Make Good Old Fashioned Pancakes | Allrecipes.com230.7K views-02:08
The Best Pancakes - Old Fashioned Pancakes Recipe2.9M views-03:47
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES -GOOD OLD FASHIONED SOFT AND FLUFFY PANCAKE RECIPE49.1K views-07:10
Simple Old Fashioned Pancakes Recipe749 views-00:59
You'll also love