GRATIN DAUPHINOISE (SCALLOPED POTATOES)
Provided by Shelley Wiseman
Categories Milk/Cream Dairy Potato Side Bake Easter Vegetarian Kid-Friendly Leek Root Vegetable Family Reunion Christmas Eve Gourmet Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher Small Plates
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack in upper third of oven.
- Peel potatoes and thinly cut into 1/8 inch thick slices, using slicer if desired.
- Discard dark green part of leek and halve white and light green part lengthwise. Rinse layers under running water to remove any dirt and grit and pat dry. Thinly slice crosswise.
- Stir together white pepper and nutmeg with 1 3/4 teaspoons salt in a small bowl. Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium-low heat and cook leek and garlic, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread leek and butter mixture evenly in bottom of baking dish. Arrange one quarter of potatoes in a slightly overlapping layer over leeks, then pour 1/2 cup milk over potatoes, and sprinkle lightly with 1/2 teaspoon salt mixture. Layer potatoes with milk and salt mixture three more times in same manner.
- Place dish on a shallow baking pan and cover with foil. Bake until potatoes are almost tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove foil and pour cream over potatoes. Continue to bake, uncovered, until cream has been absorbed by potatoes and top is golden in spots, 30 to 40 minutes.
This traditional French casserole of thinly sliced potatoes with milk, cream, garlic, and Gruyere cheese, takes a little effort, but the result is a bubbling, indulgent accompaniment to a special meal.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in center. Generously butter a 9-by-12-inch glass baking dish. Peel potatoes, and slice into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Place slices in a bowl of cold water as you go to prevent discoloration.
- In a medium saucepan, combine garlic, milk, heavy cream, salt, nutmeg, and bay leaf. Bring just to a simmer over medium heat, and pour into prepared baking dish. Discard bay leaf.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, and transfer to baking dish. Using a large spoon, toss potatoes with milk mixture pressing down gently to distribute the potato slices evenly. Season with pepper. Dot with butter, distributing evenly over entire surface; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven; bake until potatoes can be pierced with a fork and top is brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve immediately.
CLASSIC BISTRO POTATO GRATIN DAUPHINOISE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 portions
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart flame proof casserole or gratin dish.
- Peel the potatoes and hold them in cold water until ready to proceed with the recipe.
- Combine the garlic, cream, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Dry the potatoes fully and cut them into rounds, beginning at one end, using a mandoline. Set the blade on the mandoline to cut a thin, 1/8-inch thick, slice. Place the potato slices into the gratin dish carefully layering them in a circular fashion. Pour the seasoned cream over the potatoes and shake the dish gently to allow the cream to flow towards the bottom of the dish.
- Place the gratin dish on the stovetop over low heat and begin to warm the contents until the cream has begun to simmer. Cook the potatoes in the seasoned cream for 5 minutes and then place the gratin dish into the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 to 60 minutes until the top has browned to a rich golden color and the cream is bubbling along the side of the dish.
- Remove the gratin from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
People also searched
More about "gratin dauphinoise scalloped potatoes recipes"
POTATOES AU GRATIN (DAUPHINOISE) | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (167)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 167 per serving
- Layer 1: Spread 1/3 of the potatoes in a baking dish (Note 3), then pour over 1/3 of the Cream Mixture, scatter with 1/3 of the salt, pepper and thyme. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups cheese.
CLASSIC FRENCH GRATIN DAUPHINOIS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 172Calories 593 per servingCategory Side Dish, Dinner
GRATIN DAUPHINOIS - AWESOME SCALLOPED POTATOES …
Reviews 38Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
POTATO DAUPHINOISE (SCALLOPED POTATOES)
FRENCH SCALLOPED POTATOES (GRATIN DAUPHINOIS) RECIPE
RECIPES WITH JULIA CHILD: GRATIN DAUPHINOIS - AMERICAN …
SCALLOPED POTATOES (GRATIN DAUPHINOIS) | RICARDO
4/5 (29)Category AppetizersServings 6Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
21+ BEST POTATO CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR YOUR ARSENAL 2022
BEST #1 DAUPHINOISE POTATOES GRATIN | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
GORDON RAMSAY SCALLOPED POTATOES BEST RECIPES
JULIA CHILD GRATIN DAUPHINOIS BEST RECIPES
TRADITIONAL FRENCH GRATIN DAUPHINOIS (FRENCH SCALLOPED POTATOES)
THE BEST VEGAN SCALLOPED POTATOES (PLANT-BASED POTATO GRATIN …
GORDON RAMSAY DAUPHINOISE POTATOES BEST RECIPES
POTATO GRATIN CUPS #SHORTS - YOUTUBE
RECETTE GRATIN DAUPHINOIS BEST RECIPES
GRATIN DAUPHINOISE (SCALLOPED POTATOES) | RECIPE
GRATIN DAUPHINOISE (SCALLOPED POTATOES) - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
GRATIN DAUPHINOISE (SCALLOPED POTATOES) | RECIPE | SCALLOPED …
GRATIN DAUPHINOIS (SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CHEESE) RECIPE
POMME DE TERRE DAUPHINOISE BEST RECIPES
EASY VEGAN SCALLOPED POTATOES (DAUPHINOISE) - THE PESKY VEGAN
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AU GRATIN AND SCALLOPED BEST RECIPES
GORDON RAMSAY’S GRATIN DAUPHINOISE | COLLIN D | COPY ME …
How to Make Potato Gratin Dauphinois - Gratin Dauphinois - French Scalloped Potatoes386K views-07:50
Julia Child's Gratin Dauphinois (Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes) | Jamie & Julia35K views-05:52
Easy One-Pan Vegan Comfort Food | Vegan Scalloped Potatoes (Plant-Based Potato Gratin Dauphinoise)70K views-16:21
Mini Potato Dauphinoise (Gratin Stacks)1.2M views-02:13
Amazing Gratin Dauphinois - potatoes in cream with cheese105K views-02:58
Creamy Vegan Potato Gratin (Dauphinoise) | Super Simple & Delicious3.8K views-06:52
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a Dauphinoise potato?Potatoes au Gratin (Dauphinoise) Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely sliced potatoes, cream, butter and cheese with a hint of fresh thyme.
How do you make gratin dauphinois?Gratin Dauphinois (Potato Gratin) Recipe. Peel the potatoes, rinse them briefly, and slice them thinly (about 3mm or 1/10th of an inch) and evenly. (A food processor or a mandoline come in handy at this point.) Do not rinse after slicing, or you will lose all that precious starch. Combine the sliced potatoes, milk,...
What does gratin dauphinois taste like?Gratin Dauphinois (Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese) This dish has a fancy name, but a down-home and hearty taste. These scalloped potatoes make a great dish to serve a crowd, and of course tout a deliciously cheesy flavor.
What is the recipe for Julia Child's potato Dauphinoise?Based on Julia Child's Potato Dauphinoise recipe. This is THE perfect make ahead potato dish. Ingredients 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) cream, full fat (Note 1) 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 tbsp (30g) unsalted butter, melted 1.25 kg / 2.5 lb starchy potatoes, Russet, Sebago, Maris Piper (Note 2)