CHEF JOHN'S CUBAN SANDWICH
Here's how I build a Cuban, or Cubano, sandwich. I like to use pulled pork. Carnitas would work too. These ingredients and amounts are open to your own personal preferences, but here's the general idea.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne together in a bowl to make the sauce.
- Trim off ends of bread. Cut loaf in half and evenly split bread to make tops and bottoms of 2 sandwiches. Spread each half on both sides generously with the mayo/mustard sauce.
- Divide sandwich ingredients between the two bottom halves in this order: 2 slices Swiss cheese, 3 slices ham, hot cooked pork, pickle slices, and 2 more slices of Swiss cheese. Place tops on sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet and press down with a heavy weight (such as another skillet or foil-wrapped bricks). Toast sandwiches until bread is crisp and filling is heated through, 3 or 4 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1473.1 calories, Carbohydrate 85.4 g, Cholesterol 287.1 mg, Fat 85.2 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 88.2 g, SaturatedFat 37.3 g, Sodium 4076.6 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
GRILLED CUBANO SANDWICH
When you think of the classic flavors of a Cubano sandwich, you think spicy mustard, tangy pickles and succulent pieces of pork. In this recipe we marinate pork tenderloin in yellow mustard and pickle juice so those bold flavors penetrate the meat. Pressing the sandwich onto the grill with a weight guarantees that the bread gets nice and toasty and the cheese is completely melted.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut the pork tenderloin in half crosswise with a sharp knife, creating two 5-inch-long pieces. Make a vertical cut down the middle of each piece, about 3/4 of the way through. Open the pieces like a book. Lay them cut-side down on a piece of plastic wrap, cover with another piece and use a meat mallet to lightly pound the pork to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add the pork, 1/4 cup of the yellow mustard, olive oil, pickle brine and garlic to a quart- or gallon-size resealable bag. Close the bag, and rub the marinade into the pork. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill or large grill pan for medium-high heat.
- Once the pork has marinated for 30 minutes, transfer it to a plate, shaking off any excess marinade. Lightly oil the grill grates with vegetable oil. Sprinkle both sides of the pork liberally with salt and pepper, and grill until charred on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness. Transfer the pork a cutting board, and let it rest for 5 minutes. Reduce the grill heat to medium. Slice the pork across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Brush the outside of the Cuban loaf with the butter, and lay the loaf halves cut-side up on a very long piece of aluminum foil. Mix the remaining tablespoon yellow mustard with the mayonnaise, and slather the mixture onto both pieces of bread. Layer the ham, pickles, pork and Swiss cheese on one half of the bread. Top with the other half, and wrap the sandwich up in the foil.
- Put the sandwich on the grill, place a large baking sheet on top and weigh it down with a large cast-iron pan or 2 large cans of food. Grill for 5 minutes, remove the baking sheet and weight, flip the sandwich, weigh it down again and grill until the Swiss cheese has melted, about 5 minutes more.
- Unwrap the sandwich, cut into 4 pieces and serve immediately.
GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH
Once I made Cuban bread needed to find an authentic Cuban Sandwich recipe, it's mostly a fancy ham and cheese sandwich served on a Cuban Bread. Found this one on epicurious.com and it's simple and good
Provided by Bonnie G 2
Yield 8 sandwiches, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Assemble the sandwich.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the butter on one half of the bread loaf and a thin layer of mustard on the other. Place 1 to 2 layers of ham, pork, cheese, and, finally, pickles on the buttered bread and top with the mustard-spread bread.
- Wrap the sandwich in foil.
- Smear the remaining butter all over the outside of the sandwich and wrap it completely in aluminum foil.
- Press and grill the sandwich.
- Heat your grill to high (550°F) and close the lid. Wait at least 15 minutes before lowering the heat to medium-high (450°F) and continuing.
- Before grilling the sandwich, press down on it with your hands to flatten it. Place the wrapped, flattened sandwich on the grill and top with a brick, grill press, or any other heavy, heat-resistant object. Close the lid and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove the wrapped sandwich from the grill and take off the foil. Return the sandwich to the grill and grill for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until both pieces of bread are crispy and golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
- Remove the sandwich from the grill and cut at an angle into small sandwich wedges (triangles). Place on a large platter and serve while still hot.
- The loaf sandwich can be prepared and wrapped in foil a few hours in advance. Press and grill right before serving.
- Instead of plan mustard I like to mix mustard, mayonnaise and some cayenne pepper together to give it a little more flavor.
More about "grilled cuban sandwich sandwich cubano recipes"
CUBANO RECIPE | GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH | THE BARBECUE LAB
5/5 (1)Calories 1275 per servingCategory Sandwich
- To make the mojo sauce, combine orange juice, lime juice, sugar, and chili powder in a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat until it begins to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half (to make two long sandwiches that will later be cut in half after cooking). Then slice each in half to open up and begin building the sandwiches.
- Spread mustard on the top and bottom of each sandwich. Begin with a layer of Swiss cheese slices on the bottom of the sandwich.
GRILLED NEW CUBAN SANDWICHES RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (19)Total Time 26 minsCategory SandwichesCalories 883 per serving
CUBAN SANDWICH (CUBANO) RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Sandwich, Quick And EasyCalories 357 per serving
GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CUBANO: A TRADITIONAL CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE - THE …
THE ULTIMATE EASY CUBAN SANDWICH | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ULTIMATE GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE - GRILLSEEKER
RIDICULOUSLY EASY CUBAN BREAD YOU CAN MIX WITH A BREAD MACHINE
GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH WITH MOJO GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: CUBAN GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH | KITCHN
THE CUBAN SANDWICH - THREE GUYS FROM MIAMI
GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
GRILLED CUBAN SANDWICH (SANDWICH CUBANO) | RECIPE | COOKING …
CUBAN SANDWICHES - THE DEFINED DISH
10 TASTY CUBAN SANDWICH TOPPINGS – HAPPY MUNCHER
EASY CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CUBAN SANDWICH (CUBANO) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
FRESH IDEATION FOOD GROUP LLC RECALLS SANDWICHES AND OTHER …
AUTHENTIC CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
You'll also love