MARINATED GRILLED LAMB
It's fun to fire up the grill on Easter, especially if you live in a cold climate! A mild marinade we created fabulously flavors lamb.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow dish, combine first 9 ingredients; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours. , Prepare grill for indirect medium heat. Drain lamb, discarding marinade. Place rosemary sprig on lamb; roll up and tie with kitchen string, leaving a portion of the sprig exposed. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper., Grill lamb, covered, over indirect medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; tent with foil and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Discard rosemary sprig before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 304mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Unfold the lamb and examine how the butcher butterflied it. You may need to further cut it so the meat is of fairly uniform thickness. You may also have to cut it into 2 to 3 smaller, easier to handle portions. Add lamb to plastic bag and marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place lamb on grill over well-heated coals or low-medium flame gas grill. Turn lamb 2 to 3 times while grilling and remove once degree of doneness is achieved (measure with instant-read thermometer). Allow meat to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with any/all of the following: 1. Reduced marinade (cook down while grilling meat); 2. Fresh garlic aioli; 3. Raspberry jalapeno sauce (recipe below)
- Serve this to someone who thinks they don't like lamb. It's a huge hit at our annual July 4th barbecue.
- Sweat the garlic, onions and peppers in the butter. Add preserves, stirring constantly until liquefied. Add wine and reduce to syrupy consistency.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB WITH ASPARAGUS AND MINT CHIMICHURRI
Lamb and mint are a classic combination that doesn't need to be messed with, but the chimichurri sauce in this recipe is a fun riff on these spring staples.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Stir together the 7 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a large bowl. Rub the marinade all over the lamb in a bowl, then truss tightly and marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator. 2. Preheat a grill for direct and indirect cooking over a medium-heat fire. Grill the lamb over direct heat until nicely charred, about 8 minutes per side, turning often. Then move to indirect heat, cover, and cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F for medium-rare, about 50 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes.
- 3. Toss the asparagus with the 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the asparagus until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4. Pulse the remaining 2 whole garlic cloves in a food processor with the parsley, mint, the remaining 1/2 cup oil, the remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Serve the lamb, sliced, with the asparagus and chimichurri sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529 calorie, Fat 29.5 grams, SaturatedFat 7.5 grams, Cholesterol 168 milligrams, Sodium 267 milligrams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fiber 3.5 grams, Protein 57 grams, Sugar 3 grams
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by á-162204
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. Combine everything but the lamb in blender. Whiz until thick and creamy, about a minute. 2. If butcher has tied the leg of lamb, untie it. Lay it out fat side down on a rimmed baking sheet using a sharp knife, slash the thickest parts of the lamb. Pour about half the marine over the meat, and rub it in well with your hands. Turn the lamb over and pour remaining marinade over the fat side, again rubbing it in well. 3. Fold the lamb in thirds and put it into a zip-close bag or shallow pan. Pour remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the lamb. Refrigerate 8-24 hours, turning the bag or flipping the lamb every 2 hours or so. 4. At grilling time, make a hot fire. Unfold the lamb and pat away the excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Put the lamb on the grill cut side up and cook for 9 minutes. Turn the lamb over and cook an additional 9 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
GRILLED YOGURT-MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Mix 1 cup yogurt, 1 teaspoon Tabil Spice Blend, and 1 minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. Whisk remaining 1 cup yogurt, remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons Tabil Spice Blend, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp. salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and chill overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Grill until meat is cooked to desired doneness, 10-15 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, grill lemon halves, cut side down, until charred, about 5 minutes. Thinly slice lamb against the grain and arrange on a platter; garnish with lemons. Serve with reserved yogurt sauce.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB (MARINADE)
Make and share this Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb (Marinade) recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare marinade in a small bowl by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon zest, garlic and rosemary. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Place lamb in a large bowl or shallow baking dish. Add the marinade and coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight, covered, turning the lamb once or twice in the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade 30 minutes before grilling.
- Oil the grill and prepare the coals.
- Drain the marinade from the lamb and reserve. Grill the meat 4" above the coals, about 20 minutes per side for medium-rare meat, basting frequently with reserved marinade. (Check the lamb for doneness after 30 minutes of grilling).
- To serve, cut the lamb into thin slices and arrange on a decorative platter garnished with the lemon quarters and the sprigs of rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579, Fat 44.2, SaturatedFat 15, Cholesterol 152, Sodium 150.9, Carbohydrate 0.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 42.3
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERB LEMON MARINADE
This is really the only recipe I use when I grill a leg of lamb. Plan ahead, the lamb needs to marinate 24 hours or overnight. This marinade can also be used for lamb chops. A butterflied leg of lamb is with the bones removed and cut to spread open, you can ask your butcher to remove the bones and butterfly it for you. If you prefer a more lemony taste then thinly slice half of another lemon, leave the peel on, and just throw the slices inside the bag or bowl with along with the other marinade. If desired you can also stuff the lamb with garlic cloves as well as adding the minced garlic in with the marinade. Grilling time depends on size of lamb. This recipe produces an excellent grilled lamb that melts in your mouth, try to not overcook the lamb, for best results leave slightly pink in the middle.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Place the lamb in a extra large heavy-duty plastic bag or glass bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb, and turn to coat well on all sides.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (if using a glass bowl).
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 24 hours (turning occasionally to distribute marinade).
- When ready to grill, remove from fridge and save marinade for basting if desired.
- Turn the grill to high heat.
- Sear both sides for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium heat and finish cooking the lamb.
- You may baste the lamb with the leftover marinade if desired.
People also searched
More about "grilled marinated leg of lamb recipes"
LAMB LEG GRILLED WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC, DIJON MARINADE
4.9/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Cooking Tips And How TosCalories 639 per serving
- Make the marinade for the lamb leg - very finely chop the rosemary leaves, mince the garlic and press onto it with the flat side of the knife, zest the lemon. Combine all three with the olive oil, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Trim any excess fat from the leg of lamb, leaving a good fat cap on top. Score the fat cap in a diamond pattern until you just reach the meat. Apply the marinade paste all over the lamb, rub it in the scored parts. Place onto a plate, season with salt and pepper and cover*. Marinate refrigerated from 4 hours to overnight.
- Bring the leg of lamb to room temperature (about 30-40 minutes of the counter) and preheat a charcoal** grill to 325F. No need to scrape off the marinade paste - it will help form a flavorful crust.
- Place the leg of lamb directly onto the grill rack, over indirect heat, fat cap facing up. Turn it over/reposition it every 20 minutes or so to expose all surfaces to the indirect heat and the grill rack. Do so last for the side with the fat. Maintain a constant grill temperature and grill until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 135 F for medium-rare. If you'd like a section of the lamb leg to be cooked medium (as seen in the pictures) grill the meatiest side of the leg until the temperature there is 140-145F. *** Allow the lamb to rest onto a board for 10-15 minutes before you carve it. You may loosely tent it with foil to keep it warm.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY RECIPE
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB | RECIPE - WEST COAST PRIME MEATS
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
GRILLED LAMB RIB CHOPS - THE MATBAKH
TOP 46 GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - THE DAILY MEAL
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MAPLEWOOD ROAD
LEG OF LAMB MARINADE RECIPE – MOTHER EARTH NEWS
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - HEY GRILL, HEY
ROSé-MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH WALNUT SALSA …
12 LAMB MARINADE RECIPES FOR A TENDER, JUICY, DELICIOUS …
TOP 45 GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
Boneless, marinated and grilled leg of lamb56K views-04:23
Grilled Marinated Leg of Lamb321 views-02:14
Grilled Leg of Lamb3.2K views-03:12
Leg of Lamb Marinade for Grilling : Lavender Recipes1K views-04:32
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the cooking times for leg of lamb?5-7 lb. Bone-in Leg: 20-25 min/lb.7-9 lb. Bone-in Leg: 10-15 min/lb.4-7 lb. Rolled Boneless Leg: 25-30 min/lb.
How to butterfly a leg of lamb for grilling?Points to rememberPut the leg, meatier side down, on a large chopping board and use your fingers to locate the bone.Cut down vertically along the length of the leg to the bone, then begin to cut around the bone.Scrape the meat away from the bone as closely as possible.Continue to work your knife around and lift the bone free. More items...
How do you cook a leg of lamb?MethodPreheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. ...To make the garlic butter, place the garlic and butter in a bowl. ...With a sharp thin knife or a metal skewer, make between 30 and 50 small incisions into the flesh of the lamb. ...Place the lamb in a roasting tin, cover loosely with foil and place in the preheated oven. ... More items...
How to make marinated grilled king crab legs?WonderHowTo. In this video, we learn how to make marinated grilled king crab legs. First, heat up 1/4 c butter in a pan, then add in some lemon juice and dried parsley. Mix all of these together in the pan until it's all combined then add in some Dijon mustard to taste. Now, pour this into a bowl and then brush it over your king crab meat.