THE BEST PEANUT BRITTLE
This sweet and salty peanut brittle has the perfect crunch and sheen. With a little patience, you'll have a delicious brittle to serve to party guests or as an edible gift around the holidays.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings; makes about 20 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together the sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan fitted with a candy/deep-fry thermometer. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then continue to boil until it's golden brown and it reaches 340 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- Working quickly, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and baking soda until smooth (it will foam and bubble up). Stir in the peanuts until evenly distributed amongst the sugar mixture.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and quickly smooth with a rubber spatula into a thin and even layer. Let harden uncovered at room temperature until cooled completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
MOM'S BEST PEANUT BRITTLE
This is a wonderful peanut brittle that is easy to make and wows everyone! Have all the ingredients for this recipe measured out and ready. This recipe requires that you react quickly. You do not have time to measure ingredients in between steps.
Provided by Amanda
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Grease a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, over medium heat, bring to a boil sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanuts. Set candy thermometer in place, and continue cooking. Stir frequently until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), or until a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove from heat; immediately stir in butter and baking soda; pour at once onto cookie sheet. With 2 forks, lift and pull peanut mixture into rectangle about 14x12 inches; cool. Snap candy into pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.3 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 132.2 mg, Sugar 15.6 g
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE
As odd as it may sound, the taste of jalapeno works very well with the sweet taste. We gave this as gifts for the holiday and it was very well received. I've been asked to make it again by several people.
Provided by Sandy in Oklahoma
Yield 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a glass measuring cup place jalapeno and water and microwave for 5 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid and discard jalapenos.
- In a large non-stick saucepan mix sugar, jalapeno liquid and syrup, making sure to mix well. Stir over medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 240 degrees and add peanuts. Continue stirring until candy reaches 298 degrees and remove from heat and add salt, butter and baking soda, stir well.
- Pour onto a well buttered non-stick baking sheet and let cool completely, break into bite-size pieces.
- NOTE:If you use a non-stick silicone baking sheet liners you do not have to butter it and it improves the quality of the candy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 337.9, Fat 14.9, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 1.3, Sodium 347.1, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 33.9, Protein 7.5
QUICK PEANUT BRITTLE
Break this salted peanut brittle into shards to decorate puds or give as a gift to a foodie friend. It will keep for several weeks in an airtight container
Provided by Liberty Mendez
Yield Makes 300g
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Melt the sugar in a medium frying pan over a medium heat for 4-5 mins until caramelised - it should be a dark amber colour. Don't stir, as this causes the sugar to crystallise - instead, tilt the pan slowly so the sugar melts evenly.
- Add the peanuts, stir with a wooden spoon, then quickly and carefully tip onto the prepared tray. Immediately sprinkle over the sea salt flakes and leave to cool until set. Will keep for several weeks in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 96 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
A picture of salty-sweet perfection, brittle is surprisingly easy to make. Serve it alongside coffee or tea for dessert, and save any leftovers for snacking. Peanuts make a classic brittle, but you can substitute cashews or almonds instead.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Butter a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Stir together sugar, 1/2 cup water, and the salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat, without stirring, until sugar begins to melt and turn golden, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has melted and mixture turns golden amber, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in peanuts. Immediately pour peanut mixture onto buttered baking sheet. Quickly spread mixture to 1/2 inch thick using an oiled metal spatula. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Break brittle into pieces. Brittle can be stored in an airtight container, up to 2 weeks.
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE
- Generously butter a 15x10-inch jellyroll pan. Set aside. In skillet, melt 1 Tbsp. butter; add jalapenos & peanuts. Cook over low heat until peppers are soft.
- In saucepan, combine sugar & syrup. Bring to a boil over med. heat. Add jalapenos & peanuts. Stir well, & cook until mixture reaches the soft crack stage on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat. Blend in remaining butter, vanilla, almond, and food coloring until well mixed. Sprinkle baking soda evenly over the cooked mixture & stir well.
- When foamy, pour immediately onto the prepared jellyroll pan. Spread out into a thin layer. Let cool on pan until brittle and cool enough to handle. Break into irregular pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "jalapeno peanut brittle recipes"
THE BEST PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE - TASTES BETTER FROM …
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
JALAPENO BEER PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - CELEBRATION …
SPICY PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - OUR LITTLE HOMESTEAD
EASY HOMEMADE PEANUT BRITTLE (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY …
JALAPEñO PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - TABLE FOR SEVEN
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory Dips Snacks And Drinks, Side DishesCalories 297 per serving
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE MICROWAVE - MICROWAVE RECIPES
WHAT'S COOKIN' WITH FAITHY: JALAPEñO PECAN BRITTLE - BLOGGER
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - DESIRE RECIPES
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE - YOUTUBE
JALAPENO PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE - COOKCREWS.COM
EASY PEANUT BRITTLE, FRIED SWEET POTATOES, JALAPENO CORN BREAD ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #fruit #candy #nuts #dietary #number-of-servings
Jalapeno peanut brittle2.9K views-03:09
Real Texas Jalapeno Peanut Brittle part 1 of 34.3K views-01:18
Real Texas Jalapeno Peanut Brittle part 3 of 32.9K views-02:22
Jalapeno Peanut Brittle30 views-00:57
Easy Peanut Brittle, Fried Sweet Potatoes, Jalapeno Corn Bread & Venison Swiss Steak10.5K views-29:03
You'll also love