HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP
Nothing tastes better then homemade ketchup on a grilled burger. With all the gardening plans coming up, I thought this would be a good time to post this recipe. Very easy to do.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 2 Pints
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand.
- Wash, core, and quarter tomatoes.
- Drain in a colander, discarding liquid.
- Place tomatoes in a large pot.
- Add onion and cayenne.
- Bring to boiling.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Put mixture through a food mill; discard seeds and skins.
- Add sugar to the tomato juice.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until reduced by half (measure depth with a ruler from start to finish).
- Strain vinegar mixture into tomatoes, discarding spices.
- Add salt.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until it reaches desired consistency, stirring often.
- Water Bath Canning-------------.
- Prepare ketchup as above.
- Pour hot ketchup into hot, clean pint jars, leaving a 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe jar rims clean.
- Adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes (start timing when water boils).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 770.5, Fat 4.2, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 393.6, Carbohydrate 179.1, Fiber 23.1, Sugar 150.6, Protein 16.8
HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk in the tomato paste, 2 tablespoons each of the cider vinegar and brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the water. Season with the onion, garlic and mustard powders along with the celery salt, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and salt.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently and adding more sugar or vinegar if desired and more water to reach your desired consistency.
- Season to taste with more salt, if needed, and allow to cool before transferring to a bottle or jar and storing in the fridge for up to 1 month.
CABBAGE ROLL CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium high heat until redness is gone. Drain off fat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, rice and salt. Add meat and mix all together. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour broth over meat mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour. Stir, replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.4 calories, Carbohydrate 25.5 g, Cholesterol 64.3 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 17.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 840.1 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
LAZY DAY TOMATO KETCHUP
Preparation two ways.Usually tomatoes are ripe all at once.This recipe,you blanch, skin,stem, mash, freeze the tomatoes.Then thaw, make at your leisure. Or you can make all at once. Vintage #4 Crock recipe in which everything was put in a crock after skinning the tomatoes and it set for a week in a cool cellar before cooking.This recipe is salt free. Add if you like.
Provided by Montana Heart Song
Yield 16 half pints, 80-100 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a large stockpot with boiling water.
- Add 8 to 10 tomatoes to the pot. When the skins start to wrinkle, remove with slotted spoon to a sink of ice water. Repeat until all tomatoes have been blanched. Remove skins & stem end of each tomato.
- Put in a large pot and mash down or cut in pieces.
- To freeze and prepare later:.
- Place in large freezer bags and mark.
- To prepare, just thaw and add the following ingredients below.
- To prepare fresh, add white onions to mashed tomatoes in a large pot. Add all of the spices and heat on low. Stir with a wooden spoon. When simmering, add brown sugar. Stir until mixed and taste. Add more sugar if not sweet enough.
- Note: You may use liquid sweetner sugar substitute. Add 1 cup water if you use liquid sweetner.
- Cool down.
- Put tomato mixture in blender in small amounts. Puree.(Do not try to blend hot mixture).
- Heat half pint sterilized jars in water in oven on low heat. Heat seals.
- Bring pureed mixture to a low simmer, do not burn. Place in half pint jars or pint jars. With a clean damp cloth wipe rim of jar, seal and tighten with ring.
- Hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Note: I have sterilized bottles and poured in bottles and dipped bottle corks in paraffin before sealing.
- Note: If you want a few half pints for chili sauce, add 1 tblsp horseradish and 2 drops tabasco sauce or hot sauce to each half pint, stir before sealing. Do not add to the whole batch.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 20.4, Fat 0.2, Sodium 3.6, Carbohydrate 4.4, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 3.4, Protein 0.5
More about "lazy day tomato ketchup recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP WITH FRESH TOMATOES
20 RECIPES TO MAKE WHEN YOU’RE FEELING LAZY - FOOD COM
【HEINZ KETCHUP TRIAL REPORT】TOMATO FISH RECIPE - SIMPLE …
LAZY DAY MEALS YOU’LL WANT TO MAKE - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HOMEMADE KETCHUP WITH FRESH TOMATOES - LIVING SMART AND HEALTHY
LAZY MAN STUFFED CABBAGE RECIPE USING KETCHUP - EASY RECIPES
HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP RECIPE | THE SMART SLOW COOKER
LAZY DAY TOMATO KETCHUP RECIPES
LAZY DAY COOKING CLUB
HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP WITH FRESH TOMATOES
LAZY DAY TOMATO KETCHUP - CHAMPSDIET.COM
LAZY DAY TOMATO KETCHUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY HOMEMADE TOMATO KETCHUP - COOK LIKE CZECHS
KETCHUP SPAGHETTI RECIPE | CHEAP LAZY VEGAN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #sauces #condiments-etc #vegetables #american #easy #diabetic #kid-friendly #vegan #vegetarian #salsas #freezer #stove-top #dietary #spicy #seasonal #inexpensive #onions #tomatoes #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love