LEEK AND PUMPKIN SOUP
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories soups and stews, appetizer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Melt butter in a heavy casserole. Add the leeks and saute slowly, over low heat, until they are tender but not brown. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the pumpkin and water, cover and simmer until the pumpkin is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool for 15 minutes, then puree in one or two batches in a food processor.
- Return the puree to the casserole, add the milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reheat before serving. Sprinkle each serving with chives.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 226, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1040 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PUMPKIN, SWEET POTATO, LEEK AND COCONUT MILK SOUP
This is a beautiful and flavorful soup that is made with pumpkin and sweet potato, and seasoned with onion and leek. Velvety coconut milk adds a nice finishing touch.
Provided by SEXYLISCIOUS
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and leek, and cook for a few minutes, until soft. Stir in the pumpkin, sweet potato, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Mash vegetables coarsely using a potato masher. Stir in the coconut milk, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.7 calories, Carbohydrate 18.4 g, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 260.6 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
PUMPKIN (SQUASH), LEEK, BEAN AND BACON SOUP
I was tired of the pumpkin and leek staring at me -- asking me to do something with them -- so I did this. A recipe card from the green grocer gave me a few hints, but I consider this to be my recipe. It's a great warmer in winter, and not too bad served at room temperature. The ingredient amounts are forgiving, so don't be afraid to be flexible. If you want a vegetarian result, omit the bacon and use vegetable stock. Cream can also be omitted. The chili flakes make the dish. *Note: If you can get tinned/canned pumpkin, you can use three 15-ounce tins to replace the chopped pumpkin. If you do this, you can add the tinned pumpkin when you add the cream.
Provided by Leggy Peggy
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large, deep saucepan that can hold all the ingredients.
- Lightly fry the chopped bacon. Remove and set aside. If the bacon has released a lot of fat, drain off as much as you wish.
- Reheat the remaining oil/bacon fat. Add sliced leek and onion and crushed garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add chopped pumpkin and saute for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add stock, beans, bacon, tarragon, thyme and chili flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is fork tender.
- Add 1/4 cup parsley.
- Zap the cooked mixture with a stab blender or buzz up in a food processor. Or crush with a potato masher. The choice depends on your consistency preferences.
- Stir in cream (if used), and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reheat gently.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and additional parsley or coriander (cilantro).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 327.5, Fat 15.8, SaturatedFat 4.7, Cholesterol 23.3, Sodium 644.8, Carbohydrate 36.4, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 8, Protein 12.2
PUMPKIN, POTATO, AND LEEK SOUP
Make and share this Pumpkin, Potato, and Leek Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Cut an 8-inch square of cheesecloth, and place the cloves, peppercors, bay leaf, and parsley in the center; bring up the ends to form a sack and tie securely with kitchen twine; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic and leeks in olive oil over medium heat until tender but not brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and thyme and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the chunks of potato, pumpkin, the stock, and the spice bag; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until potatoes and pumpin are fork-tender; discard spice bag.
- Cool soup 5-7 minutes; then puree in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return pureed soup to pan and add half and half, salt, sugar, cayenne, and ground pepper (to taste).
- Cook over low heat until heated through, but do not boil.
- Adjust seasonings and serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226.5, Fat 13, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 22.4, Sodium 363.6, Carbohydrate 23.8, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 3.6, Protein 6.7
LEEK AND PUMPKIN SOUP
Make and share this Leek and Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by dicentra
Categories Low Protein
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Coat saucepan with cooking spray. Heat oil and sauté leeks and potatoes until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in pumpkin and chicken broth. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Blend in spices and milk.
- Simmer until soup is warm and vegetables are tender. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.2, Fat 5.7, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 12.3, Sodium 335.1, Carbohydrate 21.3, Fiber 2, Sugar 2.7, Protein 6.8
PUMPKIN AND LEEK SOUP - NO DAIRY
A simple vegetable soup made without dairy. Leeks are noted for being rich in iron and the garlic/onion are noted for their immune boosting qualities. For some extra protein stir in some beans such as cannellini beans after the soup has been blended and heat through. Serve with some crusty bread, cornbread or a bread roll. An excellent soup for the colder months or for a quick re-heat lunch to take with you to work. I like to use butternut pumpkin but you can use any variety of pumpkin. I use Massell brand stock that is gluten free and animal product free (including their chicken stock). Shown in my posted photo with gluten free "recipe#218469"
Provided by Jubes
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Halve leeks lengthways and wash them under cold water to remove any dirt or sand. Thinly slice them. Will use the white and light green portion for addition to the soup. (use the leftover part , along with your vege peelings for the day and some fresh herbs to make your own vege stock for future use. Boil it up, strain it- there you have it!).
- Peel and slice onions.
- Using a large soup/ stock pot add the olive oil the leeks, onions and salt.Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook another 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except the herbs for garnish) and boil for approx 25 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Use a stick blender or food processor to puree the soup.
- Reheat. Optional to add some cooked beans eg cannellini beans, at this stage. Heat through before serving.
- Serve sprinkled with some chopped fresh herbs and a crusty roll or toast.
- Store any left-over soup in the fridge and reheat as required. This soup keeps and reheats well as it has no dairy added.
- This soup can also be frozen and reheated as required.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 3.8, Sodium 341.7, Carbohydrate 35.2, Fiber 5, Sugar 8.9, Protein 6
More about "leek and pumpkin soup recipes"
HARVEST PUMPKIN LEEK SOUP RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
5/5 (20)Category DietServings 8Total Time 40 mins
- SAUTE: Melt the butter in a 4-quart pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, onions, celery, and carrots, cook until they soften a bit, about 7-8 minutes. Season with a small pinch of salt and add the garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- SIMMER: Add the pumpkin puree, bay leaf, maple syrup, herbs, spices, and chicken stock. Bring the soup to a boil and allow it to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the flavors develop.
- BLEND: Fish out the bay leaf, then pour in ⅓ cup of the heavy cream and stir to combine. Using a blender stick, blend the soup or by transfer the soup to a traditional blender, blend the soup until it’s smooth. Taste and adjust with additional cream if desired. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with pepitas and a drizzle of cream.
PUMPKIN-LEEK SOUP RECIPE - REAL SIMPLE
3/5 (336)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Side Dish, SoupCalories 167 per serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin cubes and canned puree, then the broth. Simmer until the pumpkin is tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in 1¾ teaspoons salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Working in batches, ladle the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Divide among individual bowls and top with the rosemary.
PUMPKIN AND LEEK SOUP | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY …
Cuisine AustralianCategory Midweek Dinner, Workday LunchesServings 4Total Time 50 mins
PUMPKIN SOUP WITH LEEKS AND WHITE BEANS | FEASTING AT …
ROAST PUMPKIN AND LEEK SOUP | DAIRY FREE - OUR …
PUMPKIN AND LEEK SOUP - EAT WELL RECIPE - NZ HERALD
CREAMY PUMPKIN AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
LEEK AND PUMPKIN SOUP • KETO RECIPE
LEEK AND PUMPKIN SOUP | RNZ RECIPES
PUMPKIN AND LEEK SOUP | NEW ZEALAND WOMAN'S WEEKLY FOOD
PUMPKIN-LEEK SOUP RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
BEST CREAMY BEAN AND SAUSAGE SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEAN …
LEEK SOUP RECIPE - OUR NOURISHING TABLE
PUMPKIN LEEK SOUP - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
THE 6 BEST APPS FOR COOKING HEALTHY AND NOURISHING SOUP RECIPES
TURMERIC CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP RECIPE - TODAY.COM
PUMPKIN SOUP - ONCE UPON A CHEF
25+ DINNER RECIPES TO MAKE IN NOVEMBER | EATINGWELL
LEEK & PUMPKIN SOUP WITH MANDARIN BROWN BUTTER
INA GARTEN'S CREAMY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH LEMON AND THYME RECIPE
10 BEST PUMPKIN SOUP WITH CANNED PUMPKIN RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love