LEFTOVER BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP
- Combine potatoes, celery, and onion in a pot. Mix water with beef base and pour on top of the vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add beef, frozen peas, and carrots. Reduce heat to a simmer. Season with parsley, oregano, and basil.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.8 g, Cholesterol 37.5 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 1128.8 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
QUICK BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP FROM LEFTOVER POT ROAST
Here's a good way to use leftover pot roast -- with its juices and any leftover vegetables. Its a very flexible, use-what-you've-got soup so its hard to go wrong. If you don't have homemade beef stock (butchers aren't giving away bones anymore), soup base is tastier than regular bullion. I like the Tones brand you can get at Sam's Club. Note: I couldn't get the recipe editor to accept leftover vegetables as an ingredient, but if you've got some hanging out in the fridge throw them in.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine all ingredients in a suitable pot. Bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Best served with crusty bread alongside.
LEFTOVER ROAST - BEEF BARLEY SOUP
I clipped this recipe year's ago and adapted it to use my leftover beef roast and steaks. Just chop up any leftover beef, throw it in a freezer bag and store until you have enough to make the soup. Also, save your leftover broth. It really makes the soup rich and flavorful. Great for a cold winter day!
Provided by Magicduo
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, saute carrot, celery & onion in butter until translucent.
- Add the broth, water, beef, tomatoes, barley, salt, pepper, basil and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until barley is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.3, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 311.4, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 1.3, Protein 2.6
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP FROM LEFTOVERS
When I was growing up my mom would try to have a nice dinner on Sundays. About one Sunday out of the month, she would make a pot roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots. The next day she would take the leftover meat, veggies and broth and any other leftover vegetables we had on hand and she would make a big pot of soup. She...
Provided by Elaine Bovender
Categories Vegetable Soup
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Cut leftover pot roast into bite-sized chunks and place in a crock pot or pressure cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, corn, soup, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and stir well. Add water or beef broth one cup at a time until desired thickness is reached.
- 2. Crock pot method: Cover and cook on high for about one hour. Reduce heat to low/medium and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaves and basil leaves. Serve with your favorite bread or crackers.
- 3. Pressure cooker method: Place all ingredients into your pressure cooker and secure lid. Once pressure regulator is in place, turn to high until pressure regulator begins to rock. Reduce heat to medium to maintain gentle rocking motion and cook for about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and release pressure. Once safety valve has dropped and all pressure has been released, remove lid. Remove bay leaves and basil leaves and serve with your favorite bread or crackers. CAUTION: DO NOT FILL PRESSURE COOKER MORE THAN 2/3 FULL!
- 4. Power Cookers: Place all ingredients into your Power Cooker and secure lid. Make sure that release valve is closed. Set for stew and cook (mine cooks for 30 minutes). When cooking time is complete, release pressure and remove lid. Remove bay and basil leaves and serve as above.
LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF SOUP (LEFTOVER STEAK TOO!)
This is great for my family because there aren't very many of us and sometimes a roast is just too much. Soup is always a popular option here, and is a great way to warm up on a cold day. You could also use leftover steak in this, sliced thin.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large pot, cook onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic in butter or oil until onions are golden.
- Stir in the chopped cooked beef.
- Add the beef broth, and the Worcestershire, stirring to mix, and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper (how much you add will depend on how seasoned the beef and broth already are, so be careful here).
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir in uncooked egg noodles.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
My mom made this soup when I was young. I have always loved her soups. When I was able to start cooking by myself I fell in love and have added and taken items away, but my fiance love my soups. And he isn't even big on soups. I hope your family enjoys the soup as much as mine does.
Provided by renee
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix beef broth and beef stew meat in a large pot over medium heat. Bring broth to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook beef at a simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir corn, green beans, tomato sauce, and tomato paste with the beef. Pour tomato-vegetable juice cocktail into the pot; season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.5 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 35.9 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 16.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
More about "leftover beef vegetable soup recipes"
LEFTOVER GREEK BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - THESE OLD …
Reviews 1Category SoupServings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add cubed beef, potatoes, drained green beans, beef broth, diced tomatoes with juices, and drained corn.
10 BEST LEFTOVER ROAST BEEF SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
STEAK SOUP (VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP) RECIPE | GIMME SOME …
10 BEST LEFTOVER VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP - FOODTASTIC MOM
LEFTOVER VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEEF & VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE USING POT ROAST LEFTOVERS
LEFTOVER BEEF AND VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory SoupTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions, carrots, mushrooms and celery in the butter over medium-high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer.
- Add the cooked beef to the pot, crushed red pepper and season with a little salt & pepper. Simmer for about an hour with the cover on.
- Remove the cover, add the black and red beans and simmer for an additional ½ hour to 1 hour with the cover off.
10 BEST LEFTOVER VEGETABLE SOUP CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
1,148 EASY AND TASTY LEFTOVER SOUP RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
5 EASY WAYS TO MAKE SOUP FROM LEFTOVERS | BBC GOOD FOOD
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP (CLASSIC, STOVETOP VERSION) - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
TOP 44 SHREDDED BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP FROM LEFTOVERS - EAT TRAVEL LIFE
TOP 42 LEFTOVER PRIME RIB SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
PRIME RIB SOUP (TASTY VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP FROM PRIME RIB …
POT ROAST SOUP (LEFTOVER) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
MORRIS' CHICKEN & VEGETABLE SOUP - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
GROUND BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE - MEATLOAF AND MELODRAMA
You'll also love