LEMON AND OLIVE CHICKEN
It takes just a few minutes more to make a big batch of this Mediterranean-style chicken than it does to prepare a small one. Eat half now; freeze the rest.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. In two batches, sear chicken, skin side first, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Cut lemons in half lengthwise and then into thin slices crosswise. If the skillet is dry, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions and garlic, and cook over medium heat until soft but not brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon slices, olives, stock, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put chicken on top of vegetables, pour in any accumulated juices from the plate, and sprinkle with thyme and crushed red pepper. Cover, and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 g, Fat 16 g, Protein 34 g
LEMON CHICKEN BREASTS
Tonight, try Ina Garten's surprisingly easy Lemon Chicken Breasts, infused with the flavors of France's Provence region, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don't allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them skin side up over the sauce. Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the skin is lightly browned. If the chicken isn't browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.
LEMON OLIVE CHICKEN
The one dish I've made recently that actually turned out alright. I omitted the olive, because I don't really like them, and I cut the chicken into bite size pieces to make it more stir-fry like. I found it a bit too lemony (thought it could be because I did free-pour it), but my mom and sister loved it. They ate every bit. It came from a Campbells cookbook.
Provided by Gabo6868
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Stir the soup, milk, lemon juice, black pepper and olvies in the skillet. Top with the lemon slices. Heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.4, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 75.9, Sodium 946.2, Carbohydrate 61.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 34.3
LEMON-OLIVE CHICKEN WITH ORZO
This quick skillet recipe is a healthy all-in-one meal. I just add a tossed salad for a menu the entire family loves. -Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan., Add broth to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally., Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, Fat 17g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 636mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH GREEN OLIVES AND LEMON
- Cut 1 lemon into 8 wedges. Squeeze enough juice from second lemon to measure 2 tablespoons; set wedges and juice aside. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper; sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add next 5 ingredients; stir 1 minute. Add broth; bring to boil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Add lemon wedges. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter. Add olives and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to skillet. Increase heat to high; boil uncovered to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
More about "lemon and olive chicken recipes"
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN WITH LEMONS AND OLIVES - THE PIONEER …
5/5 (3)Category Weeknight Meals, Dinner, Main Dish, PoultryServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr
- Preheat the oven to 425˚. Combine the paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, 1 tablespoon salt and a generous amount of pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss until all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, the skin is crispy and the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife, 45 to 50 minutes.
ONE PAN MOROCCAN LEMON OLIVE CHICKEN - A COMMUNAL …
3.9/5 (227)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main DishCalories 262 per serving
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HEALTHY LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE (EASY LEMON CHICKEN IN …
LEMON OLIVE CHICKEN - LANA’S COOKING
BAKED LEMON CHICKEN | EASY CHICKEN RECIPE WITH LEMON …
CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE PASTA | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
1-POT GREEK CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS AND ORZO RECIPE
30 BEST SPRING CHICKEN RECIPES - EASY SPRING CHICKEN IDEAS - DELISH
LEMON-HERB ROASTED SPATCHCOCK CHICKEN RECIPE
BEST CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PICCATA - TODAY
MEDITERRANEAN LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND POTATOES
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND LEMONS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEMON CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS STIR-FRY - ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: NORTH AFRICAN OLIVE AND CHICKEN TAGINE
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE (WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE)
LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH LEMON AND OLIVES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SKILLET LEMON CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND HERBS - SKINNYTASTE
TANGY LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE – A ZESTY TWIST ON CLASSIC CHICKEN
ONE POT LEMON CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE (DAIRY-FREE)
SICILIAN SKILLET CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES, AND CAPERS - SIMPLY …
AIR FRYER LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN THIGHS | AIRFRIED.COM
MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH PRESERVED LEMON AND OLIVES RECIPE - THE …
MEYER LEMON CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE
CASTELVETRANO OLIVE CHICKEN SKILLET WITH LEMON & SHALLOTS
NIGEL SLATER’S RECIPE FOR CHICKEN, HARICOT BEANS AND TARRAGON
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND OLIVES
CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH WHIPPED TAHINI AND ARUGULA
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE | COSMO APPLIANCES
CRAB PANCAKES, NOODLES WITH GREENS, LEMON SORBET - THE GUARDIAN
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #chicken #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #tomatoes
You'll also love